Chan's two desicions

bowery4

1. kicking the FG to tie the game on 4th and 2 inches on the PIT 13. If we go for it and get it, it is a lead and maybe no OT.

Your opinion did he do the right thing? Is it better to keep the odds of winning 50/50? Or to try to take the game then?

The 2nd was the 4th and 9 on the PIT 39. Would you have done something different? Fake or FG maybe? Again what do you think?

I pretty much agree with what he did both times but the FG for sure had me wondering what I would do?

Edited by bowery4

1. kicking the FG to tie the game on 4th and 2 inches on the PIT 13. If we go for it and get it, it is a lead and maybe no OT.

Your opinion did he do the right thing? Is it better to keep the odds of winning 50/50? Or to try to take the game then?

The 2nd was the 4th and 9 on the PIT 39. Would you have done something different? Fake or FG maybe? Again what do you think?

I pretty much agree with what he did both times but the FG for sure had me wondering what I would do?

Those were good but I wished he tried for a FG in OT instead of punting. I know Fitz got sacked and there was wind but it was in Lindell's range and would have won it right there. I knew once we punted we would loose and that's what happened when they took that punt and drove the length of the field to get the game winner :wallbash:

I agree with both of his decisions. The main element that factored into both was that the defense was playing well that second half. Chan had enough faith to ride them into overtime, thinking that letting the defense get big stops with good field position was better than going for a risky 56 yarder (remember that Lindell's been shaky as of late).

He has faith in his defense and although they came up short on that last drive, I honestly think they're making great strides. With a couple more playmakers, they'll be well on their way to being a solid unit.

Those were good but I wished he tried for a FG in OT instead of punting. I know Fitz got sacked and there was wind but it was in Lindell's range and would have won it right there. I knew once we punted we would loose and that's what happened when they took that punt and drove the length of the field to get the game winner :wallbash:

That is what bothered me. In that drive, Fred Jackson had two excellent plays and yet never used on those three downs to get us within FG range. May be the steelers were expecting the run and showing run-blocking and Fitz changed the plays. But you still want to give the ball to your playmakers. Fred Jackson was one and he was not used properly.

I'm good with both of those decisions.

However the 4th and 3 at the 41 in OT you have to go for it

Say you come up an inch short you give them the ball at the 38.

Say you make the 1 at now you just need 8 more yards for an under 50 field goal attempt.

The way the O was working up to that point it felt like Fitzmagic could puck it up.

But kicking a 56 yard field goal is not a food idea the Steelers would get the ball at the 48.

That 10 yard swing is a big difference in the decision.

Giving it to them at the 48 as opposed to the 38.

As well as 4th and 8 compared to 4th and 3.