Stadium Tips needed

Acantha

I'm heading to NY tomorrow to see some family and just found out that my father got tickets for us to the game Sunday. I've only been to the Ralph about half a dozen times, and each time I got there really early and stayed for a few hours after the game. In other words, I didn't really care about traffic or where I parked.

My father doesn't really get out that often and really just got the tickets because he knows I'd like them. He wouldn't really be in to tailgating, so I'd like to get there later and just get right into the stadium. Same deal for leaving...quick departure so he can get home if he's feeling a little

Can anybody give me any ideas for the best places to park to achieve this? I know it's going to be crazy traffic no matter what, I'm just looking for good options. Like I said, I've haven't been there that much, so specifics (road names, landmarks, etc...) would be helpful. Don't mind walking a bit, but if it's a ways let me know so I know how much time to give him.

Thanks!

Approaching the stadium from the East, there are several houses on US 20/Big Tree Road that have parking for $15-$25. I've used these lots to get out of the quickly. Just don't park too close to the stadium though.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=orchard+park&safe=active&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Orchard+Park,+Erie,+New+York&gl=us&ei=wA_wTPvtN82Snwfz-f2bCg&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA&ll=42.768218,-78.776908&spn=0.020667,0.049438&t=h&z=15

Approaching the stadium from the East, there are several houses on US 20/Big Tree Road that have parking for $15-$25. I've used these lots to get out of the quickly. Just don't park too close to the stadium though.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=orchard+park&safe=active&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Orchard+Park,+Erie,+New+York&gl=us&ei=wA_wTPvtN82Snwfz-f2bCg&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA&ll=42.768218,-78.776908&spn=0.020667,0.049438&t=h&z=15

Thank you. From the link you provided, would you say about where Shadow Ln hits US 20, or even before that? California?

I believe I've parked there before, that's just down from lot 1, right? Is there a better direction to come in and get out? Does it fill up if we get there late?

Thanks for the help.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/920-hammer-lot-location/

He may chime in and let you know how busy he'll be, sometimes he'll reserve a spot for a TBD member if he knows you're coming.

Thank you. From the link you provided, would you say about where Shadow Ln hits US 20, or even before that? California?

I'll preface this by saying I have somewhat limited experience. A friend of a friend recommended this option to me the last time I went to a game and it would have worked great except we parked too close to Bills Dr., right across from the first bus lot. It still worked out OK it just took about 20-30 minutes to get out on RT 20.

Shadow Ln area should be fine, you should be able to get out real quick.

Edited by Weekend at Ralphie's