to draft or not to draft????

HARCO186

Let me start by saying that I feel for anyone on the board to start saying who we should draft or not draft is just wasting time now for several reasons.

1. The biggest reason and one that everyone should keep in mind is the season is not over yet.

2. At the start of the season, did we ever think we would be down to just CJ Spiller at RB???? Then everyone was saying that last years draft was a good one right???? Well if the season is not over yet, then how can we go without injuries? We do not know who may get hit with an injury yet. Not that it would matter too much, but it does make a difference.

3. Why are we so high on Fitz? Yes he is proving to be good, and yes he is showing he has what it takes. However, even Chan had him riding the bench to start the season. I'm not saying to get rid of him or anything bad, but if Chan can make Fitz look this good, I can only imagine what it would be like if he had his hands on a Manning or Breez? Yes Chan the Man is why Fitz is looking good, no doubt about it.

4. What if Fitz shows signs of not cutting it in the snow???? Are we still high on him?

5. Buffalo has not had a true defensive stud since BBBBBBRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Schobel was good, but Buffalo truly lacks that GREAT ONE and everyone here can agree with that.

6. What if Chan and his good ol boy buddy Nix have 2-3 defensive players that they see fit for Buffalo, but they aren't the true #1 pick, and they draft down?

7. My point is that WE JUST DON'T KNOW.... Lets finish this season first please.................

Let me start by saying that I feel for anyone on the board to start saying who we should draft or not draft is just wasting time now for several reasons.

1. The biggest reason and one that everyone should keep in mind is the season is not over yet.

2. At the start of the season, did we ever think we would be down to just CJ Spiller at RB???? Then everyone was saying that last years draft was a good one right???? Well if the season is not over yet, then how can we go without injuries? We do not know who may get hit with an injury yet. Not that it would matter too much, but it does make a difference.

3. Why are we so high on Fitz? Yes he is proving to be good, and yes he is showing he has what it takes. However, even Chan had him riding the bench to start the season. I'm not saying to get rid of him or anything bad, but if Chan can make Fitz look this good, I can only imagine what it would be like if he had his hands on a Manning or Breez? Yes Chan the Man is why Fitz is looking good, no doubt about it.

4. What if Fitz shows signs of not cutting it in the snow???? Are we still high on him?

5. Buffalo has not had a true defensive stud since BBBBBBRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Schobel was good, but Buffalo truly lacks that GREAT ONE and everyone here can agree with that.

6. What if Chan and his good ol boy buddy Nix have 2-3 defensive players that they see fit for Buffalo, but they aren't the true #1 pick, and they draft down?

7. My point is that WE JUST DON'T KNOW.... Lets finish this season first please.................

No offense, but I've read your post 4 times, and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the point of this thread. I just don't get it. Maybe I need another cup of coffee, or perhaps a full frontal lobotomy :blink: , to decipher this garbled madness.

No offense, but I've read your post 4 times, and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the point of this thread. I just don't get it. Maybe I need another cup of coffee, or perhaps a full frontal lobotomy :blink: , to decipher this garbled madness.

That was part of my point. So far there has been at least 4-5 threads on drafting already and the season isn't over with. It's driving me crazy to open anoother thread on who we should pick. It's like the season is overwith and everyone is picking now..... That was the point. Sorry if it came out wrong.

I was thinking the same thing... I think he sped through his points in his head without fully describing his thoughts.

Of course we need to get through the season... then we'll see where we stand on most of our positional needs. I still fully believe the O has what it takes to score 24 pts a game, but the D still can't stop ANYTHING! That being said, we need to focus hard on D this draft. Even if we "Luck" out and take Andrew in Rd 1, we need to hit DE/DT and LB like crazy!

That was part of my point. So far there has been at least 4-5 threads on drafting already and the season isn't over with. It's driving me crazy to open anoother thread on who we should pick. It's like the season is overwith and everyone is picking now..... That was the point. Sorry if it came out wrong.

Okay...I agree with you to some degree. This whole "who should we draft now" subject seems to be discussed ad nauseam :sick: on this message board. I will say, however, that as the season unfolds, and we gain more insight into our team's strengths and needs, it is interesting (to me) to discuss potential scenarios/strategies for the draft and for free agency.

I've looked at some 2011 Mock Draft's just for s**ts and giggles too, but there's too much change that will happen between now and the Draft... a lot of season left to play, Free Agency, the combine, THEN finally the Draft.. I enjoy the speculation and discussion though...

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=related