Who is the #1 WR in the Bills?

On the third TD, the Bills designed the play so that BOTH safeties may go try to cover Evans deep. Both safeties covered Evans and no one covered Steve Johnson. So who is the #1 WR?

That said, Stevie is playing fabulously, and he has both a knack for scoring TDs and an obvious connection with Fitzpatrick. The Bills may actually be better when teams start to worry as much about Stevie and have a safety cover him up top, leaving Evans one on one. The mad genius Gailey and the Harvard guy should be able to exploit that a LOT.

I really hope that this Johnson/Evans discussion doesnt go the same way the Jackson/Lynch discussions did, and have Bills fans arguing that just because one player is playing well, the other must suck.

It doesnt matter who the "#1" WR is. The point is that, for the first time since Evans has been with the Bills, we are putting other players on the field who are very productive at WR.

With Evans and Johnson on the field, there isnt enough coverage to go around, let alone ALSO worry about Parrish, Nelson, or even Spiller!

Go Bills!!

I dont think there is, nor does there have to be a #1 WR. Evans really does get double teamed constantly, which opens up keeps Stevie open constantly. Teams will start realizing they need to double Stevie as well, and you will see Lee start catching more Balls. Thats how it works. Teams w/ a good WR corp spread the ball alot because the D doesnt know who to cover. It seems this is happening to the Bills now.

What we really need is a Big Time TE to compliment them

A. Lee Evans

B. Steve Johnson

:unsure:

A. Lee Evans without a doubt, that is why he is getting the double teams all day and Johnson is wide open to put the numbers up. Plus, it doesn't seem that Fitz gets the ball to Evans, whenever he throws his direction, the throws are so far off the mark that is embarrassing.

Does anyone remember the first several games this year? If you do, you'll remember that Stevie Johnson was actually benched in favor of Roscoe after game four of the season, for two games (until Roscoe was hurt), and it wasn't just because Fitz came in, it was after his first two games with Fitz.

Don't get me wrong. I'm lovin' what SJ is doing now, and IMO will break the all-time Bills record for TDs in a season, which will be a ridiculous achievement. If he scores 3-4 more TDs in six games it will likely be difficult to keep a guy with 12-13 TDs off the pro bowl roster. Eric Moulds and Andre Reed never had more than 10 TDs in an entire season in their careers and SJ has 9 already.

Which makes his accomplishments all the more remarkable.

Just don't have revisionist history about how it was so obvious why he should always have been playing. He was starting, and then got benched for two games (becoming the #3 instead of #2). It was only after that that he started playing out of his mind. And glad he did.

I think Roscoe may have played his last game in a Bills uniform.

Roscoe may have played better this year as a WR, but he hasnt cut the mustard a PR at all, and his size is still a issue, he has lost a step. Leodis can return punts as far as i'm concerned and if the Bills arent gonna pick 1st and get a guy like luck then I say go after a guy like AJ Green who makes eye poping catches and say good bye to Roscoe !

So I guess we could say the same about Lee Evans! Roscoe has been more productive than him! So I bet Roscoe will be hear next year! And the key phrase in what your comment states is "as far as I'M concened". So look for RP next year!

Edited by qdawg in philly

I for one hope the #1 changes every week. If opposing DCs decide Johnson is the #1 after last week in Cincy and dt him giving Evan isolation to hit him on long fly patterns (as JP did with him in one game where he scored two long TDs in one on one coverage as he racked up over 200+ yards in one game) then SJ is a being a great #1.

If in the next week the opponent dting Evans frees SJ again that would be perfect for us.

It really takes having a small brain not to understand that these two add a lot to each others games as long as Gailey chooses routes which accentuate their games.

Lee Evans hasn't been a #1 wideout for years. First everyone said it was the that Lee didn't have a #2 wide receiver to take the pressure off, then it was the because we had a bad offensive line, then it was the QBs fault, then it was TO's fault because he wanted the ball more, then it was Jauron's playcalling. With Fitz playing as well as anyone, Johnson excelling, the Oline providing average protection, and Gailey installing a good offensive plan, whose fault is it that Lee doesn't produce? He drops too many balls, doesn't come back hard for the ball on his out routes and plays very uninspired ball. Look at his numbers since he signed his extension and tell me what I am missing.

Not too sure what you might be missing, but I know what the Bills have been missing since Evans signed his extension-A Quarterback! Get a clue.