(OT)So, I went to DC last nite to see Melo.....

The Poojer

and the nuggets take on the wizards. part of my sons christmas present. so the poojer family heads up to dc around 10 am, get to chinatowne for lunch @1 pm. after that most gratifying we go to the archives to see the declaration and constitution etc. I can say with 95% certainty, there is NOTHING on the back of the Declaration of Independence, so I think Nick Cage is sadly mistaken. So we go over to the white house to wave to the bush family, I don't think they were home. Then we wander back towards the mci center, and walking down one of the letter streets and it was blocked off by the dc police, so my son goes up and asks what is going on, they say it is just the president of iraq staying at the hotel and they are just guarding. so we get to the mci center around 5 pm and i go to buy tickets. i ask the lady for the $10 seats, she says they only have 3, ruh roh, the poojers number 5. that leaves us in a quandry. there is no way in hell i am gonna pay $40 for 2 seats right next to the $10 seats,and i was very leary of wasting $20 on seats from scalpers. so my middle son and i graciously let the mrs and the other 2 poojers go to the game and me and middle poojer decide to just go to the espn zone and watch the game and play a few games. all in all a good day. thats all, nothing exciting, nothing out of the ordinary.

ya know, we went last year and tickets were not a problem so i figured that there were a good number of $10,s available, when i saw the chart that had the $10's blocked out i realized that we were lucky to get what we got. as far as eating we wnet to a chinese restaurant in chinatowne where they make the noodles in the window. holy crap did we get a ton of food, and it was the lunch menu so we had a but load of food for $4.95 per plate, it was AWESOME!

Just a thought - buy tix before you actually drive up there :blink:

Next time up, check out District ChopHouse.  It's close to the MCI Center and has the best pepper steak I've ever had.

154259[/snapback]