One more wrinkle to playoff scenario

DCgirl

Ok - now I am really jumping the gun but I figure this is more fun than last year when we were eliminated in November.

Assuming we somehow get to the playoffs - I think we would MUCH prefer to play the Chargers and not the Colts. Currently, these teams will be the #3 and #4 seed (barring some late slide by the Pats or Steelers). Right now, the Chargers have the tiebreaker over the Colts (better conference record). Therefore, we should root for the Chargers to stay on top of the Colts record-wise so that if we do end up sneaking into the playoffs as the #6 seed, we get to play the Chargers instead of the Colts.

So after rooting for the various teams to lose (Ravens, Broncos, etc.) - save some cheering for the Chargers :D

Ok - now I am really jumping the gun but I figure this is more fun than last year when we were eliminated in November.

Assuming we somehow get to the playoffs - I think we would MUCH prefer to play the Chargers and not the Colts.  Currently, these teams will be the #3 and #4 seed (barring some late slide by the Pats or Steelers).  Right now, the Chargers have the tiebreaker over the Colts (better conference record).  Therefore, we should root for the Chargers to stay on top of the Colts record-wise so that if we do end up sneaking into the playoffs as the #6 seed, we get to play the Chargers instead of the Colts.

So after rooting for the various teams to lose (Ravens, Broncos, etc.) - save some cheering for the Chargers  :D

154044[/snapback]

Agreed, I'd rather play the Chargers and not have Peyton Manning tear up our secondary in the Dome game 1 IF we make it.

This thread is SO WRONG!!!!

But since we are on the subject...I don't think it matters one way or the other. In a way, I'd rather play the Colts. That's a team that can't get out of it's on way in the playoffs. Manning or no Manning.

PTR

But since we are on the subject...I don't think it matters one way or the other.  In a way, I'd rather play the Colts.  That's a team that can't get out of it's on way in the playoffs.  Manning or no Manning.

PTR

154057[/snapback]

Tell that to the Broncos and Chiefs.

But since we are on the subject...I don't think it matters one way or the other.  In a way, I'd rather play the Colts.  That's a team that can't get out of it's on way in the playoffs.  Manning or no Manning.

PTR

154057[/snapback]

Right. And is that the same indy that should have won the AFC championship if not for the NE DB's getting away with molestation?