OT - Babylon 5 movie in the works

/dev/null

Between that and the new Star Wars movie coming out in 2005 you can put off talking to girls for another year.

153815[/snapback]

I'm going to go get in line for tickets as soon as I re-tape my glasses.

Between that and the new Star Wars movie coming out in 2005 you can put off talking to girls for another year.

153815[/snapback]

don't forget LoTR:RotK Extended Edition coming out the 14th!

dude, where's my spock ears? oh yeah! i left them under my Matrix trenchcoat

don't forget LoTR:RotK Extended Edition coming out the 14th!

153949[/snapback]

For the third straight year, I don't care what I get for Christmas, as long as I get the special extended edition of another LOTR movie. The first two have been successful, as I own both FOTR and TT in their extended versions.

I'll worry about next year later. :D

Mike

For the third straight year, I don't care what I get for Christmas, as long as I get the special extended edition of another LOTR movie.  The first two have been successful, as I own both FOTR and TT in their extended versions.

I'll worry about next year later.  :D

Mike

154006[/snapback]

Can't wait 'til I can spend a whole (long) day watching all three! (he says, re-arranging the pens in his pocket protector...) :doh:

Of course it will never really happen with the kids and all, maybe an all-nighter....

In today's USA Today there is an article about the new Star Wars. In it it says that a group of folks are going to sleep outside the theater prior to the movie so they can get a good seat.

So, what...that's normal.

Except these people are going to start camping out on APRIL 4TH. 6 WEEKS before the movie starts.

Can't wait 'til I can spend a whole (long) day watching all three! (he says, re-arranging the pens in his pocket protector...) :doh:

Of course it will never really happen with the kids and all, maybe an all-nighter....

154011[/snapback]

(with Robert DeNiro-like expression)

You talkin' to ME?!? :D

Actually, I'd like to watch all three over the Christmas weekend. One per day.

Mike

Like many Trek fans, I thought B5 was going to be a lame ripoff. But once I started to watch it, I realized not only was it not a ripoff, it was actually a BETTER show than Star Trek!

What made B5 different from Trek was that it was one long story, being told over a five year season. Also, unlike Trek where humans have become so perfect they don't use money or go to that bathroom, the universe of B5 is like the one you know. They watch TV from Earth. They follow Major League Baseball, (there is an arguement whether home run records for the Mars franchise should have an asterisk!) They even have USA Today (only it's Universe Today) and pizza!!

The show was dead on from seasons 2, 3 and the first half of 4. When it looked like it was going to be cancelled, the makers rushed to end the story in 4 seasons. When they got a reprieve, then they had to tack on 22 more shows to a story that was essentially done. That completely screwed it up, needless to say.

Still it was a damn good show.

PTR

I concur PTR, J. Michael Straczynski did a great job with B5. He really tried to create something that didn't stretch reality too far. I remember that he wanted to make space "noiseless" like in real life, but the powers that be insisted he make things go "boom."

The cast was good too, especially Katsulas and Jurasik.