I like the offensive improvements but

bowery4

The O has been doing better esply in the pass game and that is great! But we need to have a more balanced attack.

So a few suggestions mostly to improve the run game.

1. Have Corey run in 3rd and short instead of passing, the guy can carry players a few yards.

2. Use the wildcat sometime, using Fitz in the lineup he can run or pass and so can CJ and Freddy, the whole idea behind the formation is to go run or pass and make the D react. It should work with these guys. I esply like it when they are starting deep in their own zone. Surprise on first down (which w/ Fitz and the same personnel in there they even might waste a TO to adjust)!

3. I really want to see a more running even if we use the pass to set up the run. We should just do that, there is no reason to start the game running, throw it around in the beginning and loosen them up a bit.

4. More 2 back pro sets with play action I don't mind the shotgun for PA but Fred isn't as fast as he needs to be getting the ball that way and is better getting the ball on the run already (because of the delay? I am not sure), also it lends it self to the fake better and makes the play harder to tee off on.

5.The screens we are running are not working 80% of the time, use another kind of delay play, I am impressed by the flip back play that other teams have used against us, give to the RB they turn and flip back to the QB and throw it (sorry, I know there is a name for that but I am blanking on it at the moment).

6.I would have suggested this even before Roscoe's injury BTW, line Evans in the slot and Nelson on the outside. He is a good blocker and 2 big targets are better on the outside. If we go 4 wide throw him out side and put Spiller in the slot (now esply).

7. Line Maybin up as TE, I don't even care if we use him as one just put him there as a surprise (plus then he sees the field LOL) and see how they adjust to it.

The D? I have no clue, they played better (esply against the run) last couple of weeks, I hope Merriman can help. They don't look good blitzing even, no stunts...crossovers. We need some pressure bad! I hope they can improve these last 8 games. Oh and put Kelsey at end, take him out of coverage. Don't have him play 4 point stand in the 3-4, in fact don't have him play 3-4 ever.

The O has been doing better esply in the pass game and that is great! But we need to have a more balanced attack.

1. Have Corey run in 3rd and short instead of passing, the guy can carry players a few yards.

2. Use the wildcat sometime, using Fitz in the lineup he can run or pass and so can CJ and Freddy, the whole idea behind the formation is to go run or pass and make the D react. It should work with these guys. I esply like it when they are starting deep in their own zone. Surprise on first down (which w/ Fitz and the same personnel in there they even might waste a TO to adjust)!

3. I really want to see a more running even if we use the pass to set up the run. We should just do that, there is no reason to start the game running, throw it around in the beginning and loosen them up a bit.

4. More 2 back pro sets with play action I don't mind the shotgun for PA but Fred isn't as fast as he needs to be getting the ball that way and is better getting the ball on the run already (because of the delay? I am not sure), also it lends it self to the fake better and makes the play harder to tee off on.

5.The screens we are running are not working 80% of the time, use another kind of delay play, I am impressed by the flip back play that other teams have used against us, give to the RB they turn and flip back to the QB and throw it (sorry, I know there is a name for that but I am blanking on it at the moment).

6.I would have suggested this even before Roscoe's injury BTW, line Evans in the slot and Nelson on the outside. He is a good blocker and 2 big targets are better on the outside. If we go 4 wide throw him out side and put Spiller in the slot (now esply).

7. Line Maybin up as TE, I don't even care if we use him as one just put him there as a surprise (plus then he sees the field LOL) and see how they adjust to it.

The D? I have no clue, they played better (esply against the run) last couple of weeks, I hope Merriman can help. They don't look good blitzing even, no stunts...crossovers. We need some pressure bad! I hope they can improve these last 8 games. Oh and put Kelsey at end, take him out of coverage. Don't have him play 4 point stand in the 3-4, in fact don't have him play 3-4 ever.

Theyll have to call a timeout from laughing so hard that maybin actually got drafted

McLntyre can lay some hat ,I wouldn't mind seeing him in on 3rd and 1 or inches either.

But our screens are awful, we don't have the lineman capable of a good screen play. Fred or Spiller have to shed 5 tackles to get back to the line of scrimmage every time, or well pull off a holding call to negate a 25 yard play.

Definately also would like to see chan come out slinging it around, instead of trying to pound it with counters with a very weak tackle tandom (have played well last few weeks tho) . Loosing roscoe will hurt but nelson has looked good, guy has been clutch all year, and stevey j can play for reeal, and fitz looks to him like he looked to TO last year. lee's just being .. lee

good post go bills.

Take the combined yardage of our three TEs and our FB and you can see that we are playing with one or two players that aren't considered by the defense most of the time- we need help all over but a TE who isn't a liability might be the biggest boon next to a franchise QB.

I assume you're referring to the flea-flicker....whats up with all the esply?...the word is especially

I assume you're referring to the flea-flicker....whats up with all the esply?...the word is especially

flea-flicker :doh::blush:

whats up with all the esply?...the word is especially, well it is an internet message board and I am a lossy speller.

Spell check doesn't even know what word it is when I spell it wrong :doh:. Did you know that until standardized education came about in the mid 19th century everyone spelled the way they thought things should be spelled? Sorry it bothered you.

:lol:

seriously, what's a few more keystrokes - esply if your post is already that 'granular'? :rolleyes:

gran·u·lar (grny-lr)???

adj.

1. Composed or appearing to be composed of granules or grains.

2. Having a grainy texture.

3. Biology Containing granules: granular cells.

whats up with all the esply?...the word is especially, well it is an internet message board and I am a lossy speller.

Spell check doesn't even know what word it is when I spell it wrong :doh:. Did you know that until standardized education came about in the mid 19th century everyone spelled the way they thought things should be spelled? Sorry it bothered you.

gran·u·lar (grny-lr)???

adj.

LOL.. :thumbsup:

In my best Dana Carvey/Johnny Carson voice, "I did not know that!" B-)

So you actually thought 'especially' should be spelled, 'esply' ??? :unsure:

gran·u·lar (grny-lr)???

adj.

gran·u·lar adj \ˈgran-yə-lər\

1: consisting of or appearing to consist of granules : grainy

2: finely detailed <granular reports>

(I esply enjoy discussing the granular subtleties of the English langwej.)

I know we ran the wildcat with some success in our first few games, but have we ran it since?

The O definitely needs to get the ground game more involved especially after losing Roscoe, who was proving to be the weapon people were hoping for, for the year. I'm hoping Spiller is able to step up in both the pass and run games. I'd like to see him in those quick WR screen situations where he can get North/South quickly.

1. The dude is definitely a bruiser and should be used more often in those short yardage situations. Didn't I see one of those this last game?

2. The wildcat seems to have disappeared since Marshawn left. Not sure why as the personnel to run it are definitely on the roster.

3. Fitzpatrick has had 99 passes in the last two games. Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't going to go out and win you football games. The offense NEEDS to be able to run the ball to keep it balanced and take the load off of Fitz's shoulders.

4. Freddy really hasn't looked too sharp the last couple games. The poor run blocking certainly hasn't helped and getting involved earlier in the game would definitely help when needing to hold a lead at the end of a game.

5. I absolutely LOVE screens, and the Bills are apparently the most inept at this in the league. (flea flicker by the way)

6. I think it would be a good change of pace, but I wouldn't have that as the regular lineup. Lee seems to work pretty well along the sideline, and Nelson seems to consistently find gaps in the defense in the middle.

7. I have no idea what to do with Maybin... maybe get rid of him to free up some roster space.

Just a thought, is Chan reading my posts? LOL

1. Have Corey run in 3rd and short instead of passing, the guy can carry players a few yards. We tried it today and it didn't work but I'll take it, hand him the ball more IMO

2. Use the wildcat sometime, using Fitz in the lineup he can run or pass and so can CJ and Freddy, the whole idea behind the formation is to go run or pass and make the D react. It should work with these guys. I esply like it when they are starting deep in their own zone. Surprise on first down (which w/ Fitz and the same personnel in there they even might waste a TO to adjust)! Do not know why we don't do this

3. I really want to see a more running even if we use the pass to set up the run. We should just do that, there is no reason to start the game running, throw it around in the beginning and loosen them up a bit. CHECK and CHECK and it was a good move.

4. More 2 back pro sets with play action I don't mind the shotgun for PA but Fred isn't as fast as he needs to be getting the ball that way and is better getting the ball on the run already (because of the delay? I am not sure), also it lends it self to the fake better and makes the play harder to tee off on. Those hand offs look sloppy IMO wish the would do this.

5.The screens we are running are not working 80% of the time, use another kind of delay play, I am impressed by the flip back play that other teams have used against us, give to the RB they turn and flip back to the QB and throw it (sorry, I know there is a name for that but I am blanking on it at the moment). OK they did do a flip that wasn't a flea-flicker, I'll take that

6.I would have suggested this even before Roscoe's injury BTW, line Evans in the slot and Nelson on the outside. He is a good blocker and 2 big targets are better on the outside. If we go 4 wide throw him out side and put Spiller in the slot (now esply). didn't do at all but Spiller got hurt

7. Line Maybin up as TE, I don't even care if we use him as one just put him there as a surprise (plus then he sees the field LOL) and see how they adjust to it. That was pretty much a joke

The D? I have no clue, they played better (esply against the run) last couple of weeks, I hope Merriman can help. They don't look good blitzing even, no stunts...crossovers. We need some pressure bad! I hope they can improve these last 8 games. Oh and put Kelsey at end, take him out of coverage. Don't have him play 4 point stand in the 3-4, in fact don't have him play 3-4 ever. He actually looked GOOD today!!

So 3-4 out of 7, not bad :thumbsup: