Only Ralph gains from gains being in Toronto

billsfreak

Yes, it is blatantly obvious if you stop and look at things that Wilson doesn't care about winning, but just wants money.

He would have the team play all 16 games on the road if they paid him enough.

The only reason he cares about winning is that the hope of winning helps sell tickets.

A lot of fans realize this, but many are so blinded by their unconditional, doglike love that they don't even consider this. Many will say these obvious statements are "trolling" even, they are so desperate to avoid the truth.

There are actually people left that think Ralph Wilson cares about winning more than $$$$???

He sold out his team's competitive advantage for cash. That pretty much solves the debate.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are patently incorrect. New Jersey did not pay for the stadium. The two franchises (Giants and Jets) borrowed from the league stadium fund to get the stadium built. Ralph Wilson and maybe one other owner voted against the two franchises combining their fund allotment. I'm not saying that Jersey didn't make some infrastructure contribution but the stadium these two teams share was payed by their respective franchises.

With respect to Yankee stadium again you are wrong. Yankee stadium was payed for by Steinbrenner. Again, I'm not suggesting that there wasn't some form of public contribution for infrastructure upgrade but the stadium was payed for by the Yankee franchise.

I should have been more specific, the actual construction costs were paid for as you have stated, but only to the extent that they were alloted to forego the taxation of those costs via the PILOT program. So, in so far as the money physically being spent, you are correct, in so far as the money actually being spent, I am correct. And the infrastructure upgrades you mention were only a portion of the funding.

The architect of siphoning state tax capital to the downstate area for projects such as these is none other than Sheldon Silver.

I should know, My firm had dealings with him and Featherstonhaugh, Wily & Clyne, LLP out of Albany over a 0 emmisions waste to energy facility here in WNY.

Pay to Play (or, lets set a strategic plan as the democrats like to say) is alive and well here in NYS.