OK....its obvious to me where we go with that first pick

Some people lol? I suspect that millions of fans are under this impression, as well as most NFL GMs.

Almost all college QBs need to be coached up to NFL level. Mallett has extremely rare talent. He will need work, and is probably more of a gamble than Luck, but the kid is winning games in a real conference, and making throws that others are not capable of.

Yep....I'll call him "elite." :thumbsup:

He wins games, yes. But not BIG games 0:)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the smart thing to do here is trade out of the number one spot. we need players, and a lot of em'. one guy will not make the difference. i just don't see a clear cut guy that is deserving of the number one pick.

wow thats a pretty short sighted attitude...

a few problems with your logic. it takes 2 teams willing to make a deal, and the stakes are so high for the #1 overall pick it is very difficult to make a deal.

really one guy doesn't make a difference? how about peyton manning? tom brady? these guys singlehandedly carry their teams.

Have you ever seen Indy play with and without manning? the same team looks completly different by changing the QB.

there are other ways to get more players. make trades. make good draft choices in rounds 2-7. sign free agents. put your scouts to work

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

I think if you have the top choice of all the available college players, then you take the best one regardless of position. I certainly wouldn't want to limit the best player to one position, even if it is a position of need. And I wouldn't draft for potential like a JaMarcus Russell or Maybin. I just watched Julius Peppers play at a dominant level yesterday at about 30 years-old and can only imagine how the Texans history would have been different if they would have taken him over Carr.

I think if you have the top choice of all the available college players, then you take the best one regardless of position. I certainly wouldn't want to limit the best player to one position, even if it is a position of need. And I wouldn't draft for potential like a JaMarcus Russell or Maybin. I just watched Julius Peppers play at a dominant level yesterday at about 30 years-old and can only imagine how the Texans history would have been different if they would have taken him over Carr.

If there is a Julius Peppers, Bruce Smith, John Elway caliber player there for goodness sakes get him. If not, then trade down to get help for our pathetic offensive and defensive lines.