Lets get this one straight

HARCO186

I had to use prednisone for bad asthma as a kid and my early twenties over a dozen times total. Once in my twenties I was using the medication for asthma while lifting, it made a big difference. would normally work out with 3 sets of 10 at 225, with the roids, did 3 sets of 12 at 245... i couldnt believe it, it felt so light, and then put 2 n 2 togetehr realizing the roids made the big difference (and i was only on them for 2 weeks). It DOES help. Merriman will not be the same without them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to use prednisone for bad asthma as a kid and my early twenties over a dozen times total. Once in my twenties I was using the medication for asthma while lifting, it made a big difference. would normally work out with 3 sets of 10 at 225, with the roids, did 3 sets of 12 at 245... i couldnt believe it, it felt so light, and then put 2 n 2 togetehr realizing the roids made the big difference (and i was only on them for 2 weeks). It DOES help. Merriman will not be the same without them.

I pretty much assume that he IS taking them, but has worked on improving his test results!

The David Boston comparision is more what I expect. I don't think his body CAN get back to where it was, and I think he will prove to be a headache due to his behavior (especially if he performs well).

Pull yer head out of the lawbooks, Lawman. You seem to be more concerned about the law than the ethics.

Let's see... the OP said that we should let steroid use go, because so many people use them, although he has no evidence or figure on how widespread. I said that we shouldn't let it go because, in addition to being ultimately harmful to the body, it is also illegal.

Where you came up with the above statement I have no idea. You've added nothing cogent or logical to this discussion. I'm not sure why you've decided to cop this attitude toward me, although maybe the subject matter is hitting too close to home for you. Good day.

Let's see... the OP said that we should let steroid use go, because so many people use them, although he has no evidence or figure on how widespread. I said that we shouldn't let it go because, in addition to being ultimately harmful to the body, it is also illegal.

Where you came up with the above statement I have no idea. You've added nothing cogent or logical to this discussion. I'm not sure why you've decided to cop this attitude toward me, although maybe the subject matter is hitting too close to home for you. Good day.

You are worried about the law, and I don't think that is really the concern here, because circumventing the law, or getting prescriptions, isn't that difficult (the drugs are controlled, not illegal). I think the real question in regards to sports, is ethics.

Dude, that was all in your head. Prednisone would have no benefit at all for building muscle or increasing strength. It is not an anabolic steroid, it's a corticosteroid. There is a huge difference.

Everyone in American pro sports (especially football and baseball) is juicing, or has juiced.

Everyone.

Do not like the fixed meme, but no - it is not everyone, but it is more prevalent in American sports largely becuase the authorities do not to rock the boat and really try to catch anybody. When I read about the football testing program and the remark it was one of the strictist in American sports I had to laugh. It would be one of the weakest, if not the weakest, if it was in the UK.

It is a problem in all sports, but especially in America and in totalitarian countries (China mostly these days). When Flo-Jo's death was announced at the Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpa (I think it was) there were cheers in parts of the athletes village (and, yes, I am aware at how awful that is).

Seriously, do not underestimate the numbers of athletes who loathe cheaters and PED users. Dwayne Chambers is considered mud in the UK (as one example). And none of these ''no suspension - four games suspension - year suspension' programs like the NFL operates. You test positive and you can wave goodbye to that season unless something turns up to mitigate the problem.

If it were not for international rules being a straightjacket for the UK (and being tested in court) in a lot of UK sports a positive test would otherwise lead to a life ban. Goodbye career, you cheating !@#$! And yes, the UK sports bodies have tried to enforce life bans only for them to be slapped down in court to lesser bans (say a year or two) in the law courts.

Do not like the fixed meme, but no - it is not everyone, but it is more prevalent in American sports largely becuase the authorities do not to rock the boat and really try to catch anybody. When I read about the football testing program and the remark it was one of the strictist in American sports I had to laugh. It would be one of the weakest, if not the weakest, if it was in the UK.

It is a problem in all sports, but especially in America and in totalitarian countries (China mostly these days). When Flo-Jo's death was announced at the Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpa (I think it was) there were cheers in parts of the athletes village (and, yes, I am aware at how awful that is).

Seriously, do not underestimate the numbers of athletes who loathe cheaters and PED users. Dwayne Chambers is considered mud in the UK (as one example). And none of these ''no suspension - four games suspension - year suspension' programs like the NFL operates. You test positive and you can wave goodbye to that season unless something turns up to mitigate the problem.

If it were not for international rules being a straightjacket for the UK (and being tested in court) in a lot of UK sports a positive test would otherwise lead to a life ban. Goodbye career, you cheating !@#$! And yes, the UK sports bodies have tried to enforce life bans only for them to be slapped down in court to lesser bans (say a year or two) in the law courts.

The leagues are so deep in, that it would skew the standings. Baseball is the worst. If they REALLY tested and tried to get PED's out of baseball, the owners that have paid out huge signing bonuses and guaranteed contracts would be left holding the bag for guys that can't play anywhere near the level of their contract, and their teams would fall inthe standings. The OWNERS have the most to lose, so they don't want to catch guys. Do you really think the Yankees want hard-line testing? They have shelled out BIG bucks to bring in the top free agents. With testing, many of these guys could become VERY average.

It also makes the leagues look bad. Remember years back, when Bruce Smith was suspended? For a year or two there was a bunch of suspensions, but it was really making the league look bad, so all of the sudden, not many suspensions. Do you really think drug use (both "recreational" drugs like cocaine, and performance drugs) has gone DOWN that significantly? I don't. The NFL lets players know in advance, that's obvious.

It's all a sham. Too much money at stake.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I wish our players were on the sauce... Look at the NY Giants for example.. We don't have one player on our defense who resembles anything close to the freaks on the Giants DLine. This really pisses me off. As far as I'm concerned shoot all these players up till they're foaming at the mouth and bursting through a quarterback. The truth of it is most of the enormous freaks you see in this league are all sauced up!! Natural genetics can only take you so far. So next time you see a 6ft MLB, who weighs 260lbs, Runs a 4.5 40, and sheds blockers for fun, don't be jealous. Just know we could have one too... Poz I think it's time to accept the fact that mother nature did you well in college, but a little science will do you better in this league. lol...