So What"s the Best LB Line Up ??

T master

So now that we have acquired Mr. Merriman's services how does the LB corp line up ??

Kelsay ---- Davis ----- Poz ------ Merriman ------- ??

or

Merriman ---- Davis ------ Poz ------- Maybin -----???

or would Torbor & the others be used :blink: ?????

What would be your line up ??? I need help your help !!!!

Moats is clearly ahead of Maybin on the depth chart, and Coleman may be as well. (Maybin & Coleman were both inactive last week, but Coleman was active the week before.) I don't see how claiming another OLB on waivers would move Maybin up the depth chart.

As for Kelsay, we'll see. The people who defended his extension by saying, "They can just cut him at any time with very little penalty," might think that this means that Kelsay gets benched with plans to cut him if Merriman works out. I am not one of those people. I think that you don't sign a guy to an extension unless (as Buddy Nix said) you think he's one of your core players. And if you think he's one of your core players, then you plan on keeping him in the starting lineup for the foreseeable future. I maintain a small sliver of hope, but if the Merriman acquisition decreases Kelsay's playing time, I'll be very surprised -- and very pleased.

Edited by Cash

No offense, but why would a guy (Carrington) who hasn't played all season be an upgrade?

Anybody that goes on the field and can replace Kelsay gives us a better chance to stop the run. Carrington was a 3rd rnd pick fopr some reason Maybe it is like Trent and Fitz?

What is wrong with Stroud!?! And Torbor, what has he shown you? Torbor's contributions are no more than Maybins. We don;t have enough talent to get fancy.

stroud has been woefully overmatched in the last couple seasons regardless of scheme. he is a far cry from the pro bowler he once was. Carrington is young and he enough potential to warrant the play time.

Torbor has played well enough for other teams not target their run attack at him as they have with Kelsay. Kelsay is a great character guy, but those guys are only as good as their actual ability which he lacks for a 3-4 LB.

Not that I think Kelsay is anything more than you say he is, but let's remember he plays the strongside linebacker, which would lend itself to getting run at more often as teams are going to run more often to the TE side. It's likely teams running at Kelsay and not Torbor is just a matter of scheme, not that Torbor is playing any better. In fact, the argument could be made that Kelsay would be better suited at weakside LB, where he won't have to cover TEs, but Torbors inefficiencies have made that not possible.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

I agree with you somewhat. At least get Carrington in the rotation to get him game experience.

I'd like to see us at least try a lineup like this in a 3-4 for part of a game:

Carrington - Troup - Williams

Moats - Davis - Poz - Merriman

That would peak my interest.

That looks like a good line up !!