Positive Notes

Kevin

With back to back games going to overtime, and against a couple of pretty decent, playoff contender teams, it's hard to say the Bills are not showing improvement. It sucks to have lost them both, especially given the chances to win, but I don't think it fair to say the Bills are a really bad team because they lost these last two when they had chances to win. They're far from perfect, but what's encouraging to me is they are obviously giving it everything they've got, and they're not folding up their tents at the slightest sign of adversity.

Frankly, I find it hard to imagine this team going winless. I expect they'll get 3-4 wins. That still makes it sound like they're really bad, but if they can go 3-6 or 4-5 for their last 9 games, and be competitive in them all, I'd call it progress. The last two games have been fun to watch (waaaaay better than with Trent). With the right improvements on D we'd be a force to contend with. As it stands, based upon how we've played the last couple of weeks, I bet the teams coming up aren't licking their chops to play us.

However Kelsay, Howard, Bell and Witless did.

Howard was far more embarrassing than was Bell. Kelsay and Whitner? When has either ever shown up to play?

We should have had two picks today. First obviously was dropped by Wilson. The second was after Flornece batted a ball away, Whitner was horribly slow trying to get to the ball that fell harmlessly to the ground.

bills are in first place for the draft.

Still staring straight down the barrel of 0 - 16 though. Bears are coming off a bye week and will be fresh. The canadians will sit on their hands again. Not looking good for a win this week. Julius Peppers will send Cordero Howard into the afterlife in this game.

The Bills are 0-7. They are the only team in the league without a win. You can't dispute what you are. The record is an unvarnished truth. It tells the story without the need for an explanation or lame excuses to try to explain away what is so obvious to most people.

and the Bears and Lions terrific Defensive Lines will absolutely shred our crap O Line the next two weeks, leaving us 0 - 9. then the real boo birds will come out. The media will start the "0 - fer watch", etc. the final game of the season will be on national TV so everyone can see the Bills match the Bucs and Lions 0 - 16 feat. No one in the NFL cares how you win or lose, they just want to know if you won or lost. Up or down, black or white.

What I like about the last two games is that these guys are fighting. Perhaps the change to Fitzpatrick started this, but this team is not giving up on the field. They're moving the ball on offense and starting to get back to their bend-but-don't-break defense. I see a lot of fight in these players now when at the low point, there was none.

If they keep playing like this, they should win 2 out of the next 3 games. Draft position be damned!!!

Edited by BuffaloWings