Wow

Gary M

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merely telling me the truth. Ok. Republicans will repeal and replace. Not likely. I know the talking box told that they will. Fact of the matter is that they won't they had complete control for eight dreadfully long years and did nothing when it came to healthcare reform. Nothing. Now, because they hate this bill and need to own up to a campaign promise will repeal the bill. Or at least attempt to. Again, you will not see any movement from the right on replacing it. Mark my words.

Can't get past the fact that, unlike you, I don't get my ideas from TV, huh?

The bottom line: None of these FDR/LBJ programs were conceived with actuarial data. Like say: what happens in 60 years, when there is a baby boom, followed by a baby bust? In fact, actuaries were only consulted, and added to these programs years later, AFTER people realized what a cluster F was about to happen. LBJ pushed so much crap so fast, there was no way they even looked at any of this stuff: kinda like "we have to pass it, to know what's in it". :rolleyes:

This is the real problem: these programs weren't designed to adjust over time, and neither is Obamacare.

I completely agree with you about Pelosi and Reid. I have never been a fan of theirs and they did completely mess up by never wanting to involve republicans. That being said the republicans are no angels either. Again, lets face the facts here the republicans didn't really enter any conversation with an extended hand. Just like Boehner said they other day... they will not compromise their beliefs. They didn't the last two years, they won't in the future. And that is a huge negative with our government.

So what? The fact is that Pelosi/Reid said "we HAD to elect them immediately in 2006" because they could "solve" all these problems. The veto was not a new concept. Neither was the fact that this remains a center right country. The fact is, just like with Iraq, they are about gaining power, and then trying to turn is into a European country. We could only speculate back in 2005 that this was their agenda. Now, we KNOW it is, and we absolutely justified in firing them because of it.

Want Democrats to be successful? Lose the "progress" of the "progressives". Get the old Democrats to re-take their party back from these leftist tools. Get back to representing the things middle class people care about. Nobody wants to "progress" towards suck, and the Pelosi/Reid/Obama plan = suck, big time.

Don't get me wrong, I am hoping that the republicans do not gain control. I don't believe in a lot of their talking points and certainly would not want them even having a snowballs chance in hell to getting placed into law.

A fair prediction of the next two years in DC... nothing gets done.

Given the choice between what we have seen since 2006, and nothing. I will take nothing. I want problems to be solved. But I am not for letting these immature, far-left fools be in charge of anything. They have proven that not only can't they be trusted to take a "best idea wins" approach problems, they can't be trusted to define problems properly, or even see them .