People Need To Chill Out

Nasty

People need to chill out and stop trying to pin blame on one person here. I read on here everyday and it’s always “Buddy Nix Sucks,” “Chan sucks he doesn’t know what he is doing,” and all that mess. Just chill for a minute. Everybody wants an overnight winner. Well that doesn’t happen too often, and most of the overnight sensations are just that “overnight.” One year they are on the bottom, the next they are on top, then on bottom again. Take for instance the Dolphins, the worst team in the league, then win the division then back to the bottom. The Falcons too same thing. Although both are now a little better then average teams but not great. I will not bad mouth Buddy or Chan. Not right now it is too early and I wish some of you would take that into consideration as well. They inherited a mess and it is going to take a few years to clean it up. I expect them to be towards the bottom this year, at .500 or there abouts next year, and a playoff push in 2012 (2013 if there is a strike). I just say give them a chance and let it play out.

Buddy Nix came in with a bad front 7, bad offensive tackles and bad QBs. He didn't address any of these problems. There is no plan other that to sell fans on the fantasy that there is a plan.

Nix DID address the front 7, he just did so with questionable results. Andra Davis, Torrell Troup ,Alex Carrington, and Dwan Edwards from free agency and the top rounds of the draft. That's four attempts; we're still waiting to see how well they work out. I'm not sure if it's better or worse for him to ignore it or draft busts.

Buddy Nix came in with a bad front 7, bad offensive tackles and bad QBs. He didn't address any of these problems. There is no plan other that to sell fans on the fantasy that there is a plan.

The defense wasn't his biggest issue... the man went into the last draft stating that the O line was a "priority" and then didn't take a player until round 5, then he stated after the draft that things didn't fall the way to enable them to select anyone eariler.

So now that Ralph Wilson stated that the Bills will select a QB in this up coming draft, so If a RB is the BPA at #1 overall I suppose the Bills may wait until round 5 again next year to select a QB...

In all honesty I don't understand what the team is trying to accomplish by promoting and hiring people that don't know what they are doing and are really bad at what they do. If you want to blame someone...it starts at the top. The old man has lost it.

Nix DID address the front 7, he just did so with questionable results. Andra Davis, Torrell Troup ,Alex Carrington, and Dwan Edwards from free agency and the top rounds of the draft. That's four attempts; we're still waiting to see how well they work out. I'm not sure if it's better or worse for him to ignore it or draft busts.

Thank you. Excellent points.

And the year before that (2009, when Nix was Nat'l Scout) he took Wood & Levitre - probably wanted Orapko too, but was over-ridden by Jauron (just speculation on my part, but I'm stickin' with it).

I agree completely with the OP (even though he's nasty) - Nix most definitely has a plan, and isn't going to draft busts just to satisfy the fans. Once Williams and Okung were gone in 2010, Anthony Davis didn't excite Nix and he thought he had a once-in-a-lifetime type player available in C.J. Spiller. He's probably right. I tend to trust Nix and his draft record in San Diego more than the armchair GMs and wah-mbulance drivers on TSW.

When Levy v.1 first got here, he won 2 games after taking over from Hank Bullough and the Bills went 4-11 for the season. The next season, 7-8. Then 12-4, then 9-7, then 4 consecutive Superbowls.

Stop all the bitchin' and give Nix a year or two, ferchrissakes. :wallbash:

The defense wasn't his biggest issue... the man went into the last draft stating that the O line was a "priority" and then didn't take a player until round 5, then he stated after the draft that things didn't fall the way to enable them to select anyone eariler.

So now that Ralph Wilson stated that the Bills will select a QB in this up coming draft, so If a RB is the BPA at #1 overall I suppose the Bills may wait until round 5 again next year to select a QB...

In all honesty I don't understand what the team is trying to accomplish by promoting and hiring people that don't know what they are doing and are really bad at what they do. If you want to blame someone...it starts at the top. The old man has lost it.

If Mallett isn't available (Luck's staying at Stanford another year), then Nix will probably not take a QB in round one - and that's probably the right decision. Gabe Carimi (OT-Wisconsin) would probably be the best choice...

Being touted as an early to middle first-round draft selection in the 2011 NFL Player Draft, NFLDraftScout.com suggested the University of Wisconsin Badgers senior left offensive tackle could be selected third overall in a May 2010 USA Today article.

2011 Scouting Report: Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin

(Anyone who wants Jake Locker can have him in round 3.)

If you think Nix wouldn't have taken Sam Bradford, your probably wrong there too. But once Bradford was gone, and Trent Williams and Russell Okung were gone, Nix went with the tried & proven 'best player available' philosophy.

(Clausen & McCoy didn't excite Nix - rightly so - but he might have taken Tebow in round two if Denver didn't ejaculate too early over the guy! B-) )

Edited by The Senator

I agree with the poster that said they did try to address the defensive front 7; but, their plan on how to address it was proven dumb in that they are switching back to the 4-3, which is a clear admission of failure. (It's turned into a sort of macabre spectacle where they've painted themselves into a corner with Chris Kelsay, though horrifically brutal, being their only option at Sam.) That's not all. The other main component of their plan for this year was to try and coach-up and salvage players on offense. The linchpin of that was to make Trent Edwards a QB that could at least manage a football game and that project went up in smoke in 2 games. So far, the "Plan" is a joke and the team is worse now than it was last year.

Does Buddy Gailey deserve to take some shots over their "Plan"? You bet your ass they do.

I somewhat agree but this is where the fans vent their frustrations. Sure beats a brawl in the City Bar.

First let me say that I may only have recently joined the forum and started posting but I have been coming here to get my inside perspective on the Bills for years. It is my favorite website to waste time on at work :)

I think the issue is that there is a difference between venting frustrations and spewing adolescent nonsense that you know isn't true. Are you going to tell me that Buddy has "no idea what he is doing" but has managed to be working in the league for this long? He obviously knows enough to keep himself employed.

I will say this much though. I am SURE he drafted the players that he thought would best help this team in the long term rebuilding process. He did not appear to pay the expected amount of attention to the glaring needs the team has. However I have faith he did what he did for good reason. It's not like there isn't going to be talent in this draft or the next one. Not to mention that if they do manage to build a dominant offensive line and get a elite QB here, can you imagine how great that Spiller pick will look when he is running against a defense that isn't meeting him in the backfield? It takes time and we are all frustrated but there are more intelligent ways to vent your frustrations than what some people here do. Except when it is drenched with sarcasm. If it is funny enough i will usually let it slide B-)

First let me say that I may only have recently joined the forum and started posting but I have been coming here to get my inside perspective on the Bills for years. It is my favorite website to waste time on at work :)

I think the issue is that there is a difference between venting frustrations and spewing adolescent nonsense that you know isn't true. Are you going to tell me that Buddy has "no idea what he is doing" but has managed to be working in the league for this long? He obviously knows enough to keep himself employed.

I will say this much though. I am SURE he drafted the players that he thought would best help this team in the long term rebuilding process. He did not appear to pay the expected amount of attention to the glaring needs the team has. However I have faith he did what he did for good reason. It's not like there isn't going to be talent in this draft or the next one. Not to mention that if they do manage to build a dominant offensive line and get a elite QB here, can you imagine how great that Spiller pick will look when he is running against a defense that isn't meeting him in the backfield? It takes time and we are all frustrated but there are more intelligent ways to vent your frustrations than what some people here do. Except when it is drenched with sarcasm. If it is funny enough i will usually let it slide B-)

You have fans here from 12-80 years old.You should expect ALMOST anything.

You got to learn to laugh!

Wow, logic again prevails on this board. Some people actually get it. Buddy Nix Rather be sleeping on the first night of Free Agency (You know, when all the good players are just sitting there waiting to get a call) than actually going out and signing players we need to be a good ball team. Talk about inept. This guy is waaaay in over his head. The only reason this guy is here in this postion is because Ralph knew who he was. This guy doesn't got a clue how to GM a professional ball club. You think Bill Parcells is gonna go to sleep on first night of free agency if he inherited this mess? Come on. That right there told me alot about Buddy Nix. He can't bring a winner to Buffalo folks. He's too old to compete in this league. We're so screwed it's not even funny. It's actually a sick joke.

Guest dog14787

I somewhat agree but this is were the fans vent their frustrations. Sure beats a brawl in the City Bar.

My thoughts also, misery loves company and its interesting to see just how much everyone's opinions/optimism/pessimism has changed since the beginning of the season.

Myself personally, everyone here on TSW knows I'm a Trent Edwards fan so his release has shaken my confidence in the new regime, 0-5 has just compounded my feelings. With that being said, I understand its a business and as many posters have posted, maybe change was best for everyone concerned.

So I want to offer my apology to folks that have had to put up with the constant bickering between myself and some of the Trent bashers on board, but TE's a good person that was loyal to the team and was used as a scapegoat in my opinion. Edwards has taken it all on the chin, shouldered the blame without so much as a word in his own defense. I'm not going to sit idly by and watch folks trash his name. Plenty of stats and facts to bring up or debate without taking a personal dig at me for still supporting Trent Edwards.

Just wanted to explain my side of things so when folks see me defending TE or myself from a Trent basher, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but 9 times out of 10 I'm dealing with jerks.

To make a long story short, I agree with Die hard, venting here on TSW beats some of the alternatives,

Edited by dog14787

Wow, logic again prevails on this board. Some people actually get it. Buddy Nix Rather be sleeping on the first night of Free Agency (You know, when all the good players are just sitting there waiting to get a call) than actually going out and signing players we need to be a good ball team. Talk about inept. This guy is waaaay in over his head. The only reason this guy is here in this postion is because Ralph knew who he was. This guy doesn't got a clue how to GM a professional ball club. You think Bill Parcells is gonna go to sleep on first night of free agency if he inherited this mess? Come on. That right there told me alot about Buddy Nix. He can't bring a winner to Buffalo folks. He's too old to compete in this league. We're so screwed it's not even funny. It's actually a sick joke.

So Buddy Nix is too old to compete, but you would bring in Parcells, who is only two years younger and way more likely to flake out and move on to something else as soon as the opportunity presents itself?

My thoughts also, misery loves company and its interesting to see just how much everyone's opinions/optimism/pessimism has changed since the beginning of the season.

Myself personally, everyone here on TSW knows I'm a Trent Edwards fan so his release has shaken my confidence in the new regime, 0-5 has just compounded my feelings. With that being said, I understand its a business and as many posters have posted, maybe change was best for everyone concerned.

So I want to offer my apology to folks that have had to put up with the constant bickering between myself and some of the Trent bashers on board, but TE's a good person that was loyal to the team and was used as a scapegoat in my opinion. Edwards has taken it all on the chin, shouldered the blame without so much as a word in his own defense. I'm not going to sit idly by and watch folks trash his name. Plenty of stats and facts to bring up or debate without taking a personal dig at me for supporting Trent Edwards.

Just wanted to explain my side of things so when folks see me defending TE or myself from a Trent basher, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but 9 times out of 10 I'm dealing with jerks.

To make a long story short, I agree with Die hard, venting here on TSW beats some of the alternatives,

There is nothing wrong with player loyalty. Actually, its a wonderful thing

Laughter is the best medicine :thumbsup:

(The problem is, I think, that rabid Bills fans have been crying since 2000, with only a brief break in 2004 to stop and wipe our noses before bawling some more!)

There is nothing wrong with player loyalty. Actually, its a wonderful thing

I agree with you completely, APV, and - on a slightly different tack - from a team perspective, I think the Bills & RW have generally shown loyalty to the players and staff that have shown loyalty back to the team. Generally. (That's one of the reasons that, unlike some, I have no big beef with the Chris Kelsay contract extension - I'm actually kind of pleased.)

So Buddy Nix is too old to compete, but you would bring in Parcells, who is only two years younger and way more likely to flake out and move on to something else as soon as the opportunity presents itself?

Your argument is a moot point. I was using Bill Parcells as an example of his output vs. Buddy Nix's. Parcells turns teams around. Regardless if he shows up for 1 year or 2 years or whatever. And Yes everyone would love to have him here. Everyone knows its not gonna happen. My point is What has Nix done for this team to make it better? Nothing. His inaction has made this team worse. We should have went out and signed as many of the top tier Free Agents as possible to get this team right. Unfortunately there is no commitment by Buddy or the owner to do so. So we sit here and watch this team go 0-16. And we're told by the owner he'll be dead before the team is good.

Your argument is a moot point. I was using Bill Parcells as an example of his output vs. Buddy Nix's. Parcells turns teams around. Regardless if he shows up for 1 year or 2 years or whatever. And Yes everyone would love to have him here. Everyone knows its not gonna happen. My point is What has Nix done for this team to make it better? Nothing. His inaction has made this team worse. We should have went out and signed as many of the top tier Free Agents as possible to get this team right. Unfortunately there is no commitment by Buddy or the owner to do so. So we sit here and watch this team go 0-16. And we're told by the owner he'll be dead before the team is good.

Speak for yourself - and only yourself - personally, I'd hate to have Parcells here.

(You are aware that Nix can't MAKE a free agent sign a contract, yes? He's not Luca Brasi.)

Edited by The Senator

Now this post is logical and makes sense. I personally disagree that Nix has done nothing to make the team better, I just think it will take a while to see the results, but that wasn't the point of my post. I was just questioning your logic in using Nix's age as the reason for what you perceive as his failure, but using Parcells as your exemplar. In the comparison between these two, age has nothing to do with it.

Oh no, don't get me wrong I am all for the fun around here and is one of the reasons I love this board. I have laughed at the jokes made at Maybin's expense a few times. Yeah sometimes I forget when i was 12 I thought I knew everything too lol. Turns out I was wrong kids. Take note :flirt:

I agree with you completely, APV, and - on a slightly different tack - from a team perspective, I think the Bills & RW have generally shown loyalty to the players and staff that have shown loyalty back to the team. Generally. (That's one of the reasons that, unlike some, I have no big beef with the Chris Kelsay contract extension - I'm actually kind of pleased.)

Does anyone remember when Chris Spielman was recovering from a neck injury after the 1997 season? He sat out all of 1998, and he later acknowledged that the Bills continued to pay him when they did not have to do so while he took extra personal time to care for his wife as she was dealing with cancer. Ralph also paid Troy Vincent more than the necessary injury settlement in 2006 when he was upset the front office released him. These examples fly in the face of the "Ralph is cheap" mantra. Though there may be several divisive figures in the front office dating back to Polian's era (not Polian himself, though he could be difficult), Ralph Wilson himself is certainly not a cruel man.

Thank you. Excellent points.

And the year before that (2009, when Nix was Nat'l Scout) he took Wood & Levitre - probably wanted Orapko too, but was over-ridden by Jauron (just speculation on my part, but I'm stickin' with it).

I agree completely with the OP (even though he's nasty) - Nix most definitely has a plan, and isn't going to draft busts just to satisfy the fans. Once Williams and Okung were gone in 2010, Anthony Davis didn't excite Nix and he thought he had a once-in-a-lifetime type player available in C.J. Spiller. He's probably right. I tend to trust Nix and his draft record in San Diego more than the armchair GMs and wah-mbulance drivers on TSW.

When Levy v.1 first got here, he won 2 games after taking over from Hank Bullough and the Bills went 4-11 for the season. The next season, 7-8. Then 12-4, then 9-7, then 4 consecutive Superbowls.

Stop all the bitchin' and give Nix a year or two, ferchrissakes. :wallbash:

Only thing is...that once-in-a-lifetime type player came out a few years ago...his name was Reggie Bush.

Then another came out, his name was Chris Johnson.

Then came out Percy Harvin, another one of them types of players.

Then another named CJ Spiller...but he was not alone, he was joined by players IDENTICAL to him...Jahvid Best and Dexter McCluster.

Out of those 6 players...Buddy ended up with the worst one! :wallbash: (He spent a #9 overall on a 4th rounder and 6th or 7th rounder!)

Edited by Wilson from Gamehendge

Only thing is...that once-in-a-lifetime type player came out a few years ago...his name was Reggie Bush.

Then another named CJ Spiller...but he was not alone, he was joined by players IDENTICAL to him...Jahvid Best and Dexter McCluster.

Out of those 6 players...Buddy ended up with the worst one! :wallbash:

Come on now. Perhaps he's being used sparingly as they try to develop him into an all around player, and he so far hasn't accrued much in the way of statistics, but there's no way that is literally true. The Bills offense overall is in a much worse way than each of those other teams, even Detroit.

People need to chill out and stop trying to pin blame on one person here. I read on here everyday and its always Buddy Nix Sucks, Chan sucks he doesnt know what he is doing, and all that mess. Just chill for a minute. Everybody wants an overnight winner. Well that doesnt happen too often, and most of the overnight sensations are just that overnight. One year they are on the bottom, the next they are on top, then on bottom again. Take for instance the Dolphins, the worst team in the league, then win the division then back to the bottom. The Falcons too same thing. Although both are now a little better then average teams but not great. I will not bad mouth Buddy or Chan. Not right now it is too early and I wish some of you would take that into consideration as well. They inherited a mess and it is going to take a few years to clean it up. I expect them to be towards the bottom this year, at .500 or there abouts next year, and a playoff push in 2012 (2013 if there is a strike). I just say give them a chance and let it play out.

Nobody is questioning that Nix and Gailey took over a bad team, what people are complaining about is that they are making it worse by the week. Everyone not in a coma knew the Bills weaknesses when these guys took over, and they still to this day have not addressed them. They take another running back with the #9 overall pick, when they have a former Pro Bowl RB on the roster and a RB who is coming off of a career year. They don't address the worse line in the NFL, they don't address the worst QB situation in the NFL, and still haven't. Somehow, this team, with basically the same players, especially on defense, only much more healthier than last season, is playing, somehow, much worse than they did last year. They keep talking about how the Bills fans need to be patient and let their plan play out, well news flash morons, Bills fans have been patient for over a decade, have heard this all before, had this same type of scenario of new coaches and front office, we are gonna turn it around thrown at us time and time again. There is no reason to believe that this group of clowns will be any better than any other ones since Ralph forced Wade Phillps out of town. This group they have now is going to have to change their plan and pick up the pace by 10 times what they are doing now if you want them to have a realistic chance of meeting your expectations of .500 next year and playoffs after that. The way Ralph runs this team, and if you spend any time on this board, you will know that Ralph, and justifiably so, gets blamed for this mess much more than Nix or Gailey do. The whole organization just seems like they have no clue what they are doing. Just look at the transactions since they took over-first they screw up the draft-how many are even getting playing time, much less making an impact. Next, having access to as much film from previous seasons as possible, they annoint Trent Edwards as this teams future, much better than any of the other QBs in camp (OK not saying much there), two weeks into the season he is benched, next week released-when the truth be known he looked exactly like what he did the previous two seasons, which they should have seen on film. The starting running back has changed more than the weather does, the starting #2 wide reciever is anybody's guess. I could ramble all day, but don't tell the best fans in the NFL to "Chill Out" when they have been Chilling Out for an entire generation waiting for Ralph to fix this mess he has made, and that he only keeps making worse. So you can go chill, watch this organization flounder, while us fans with a little clue want to be heard and voice our disappointment if Ralph's mess.

Edited by billsfreak

Out of those 6 players...Buddy ended up with the worst one! :wallbash: (He spent a #9 overall on a 4th rounder and 6th or 7th rounder!)

I think most people would be fascinated to get a look at exactly how your brain is wired :wacko: