How do you people in Buffalo support WGR 550?

BLZFAN4LIFE

These guys,Simon and White, or Schopp and Bulldog, talk a good fight but when it comes to crunch time they fold. Every time Simon had Marv Levy on his show he deferred and treated him with kid gloves. He wouldn't ask him any tough questions. Same with Lindy Ruff when he's on there...no tough questions. S and B the same. They had on Regier last week and totally gave the guy a pass...again no hard questions about his boneheaded moves. There's a guy who's begging for some hard questions. These guys are all BS!

I'd love to hear Wawrow's opinion on this: how far can they go without losing access?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, most cities don't have as much local sports radio content as Buffalo does. And for a so-called "small market city," I'll bet we're almost unique.

That said, I listen because they entertain me. They might not entertain you; that's ok. You don't have to listen. And apparently, you don't even live here, so why do you care?

I live in the Orlando area that has (1) Major sports team and there are two stations with sports talk and all three of the news talk stations carry one form or another of sports games.

Pretty simple: A) People in Buffalo are hungry for Bills and Sabres related sports talk, B) WGR is the only game in town.

Nick Mendola and Brad Riter both do afternoon shows on WECK 1230 but it's not limited to sports, plus during baseball season Mendola is replaced by Yankees broadcasts.

It's kind of like how in a small town even the ugly girls can get dates. Supply and demand.

ROFLMAO at the last paragraph