And with the #1 overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft...

NixFan

The Buffalo Bills select, Da'Quan Bowers. Defensive End, Clemson.

Got him there on my new draft site I just launched the other day, check it out: www.allnfldraft.com

I'll be getting an interview with Da'Quan later in the week as well...so that will be fun. Might be talking to Donte too (don't hate on Donte)...we'll see.

Got him there on my new draft site I just launched the other day, check it out: www.allnfldraft.com

I'll be getting an interview with Da'Quan later in the week as well...so that will be fun. Might be talking to Donte too (don't hate on Donte)...we'll see.

Well since Ralph announced that we are getting a Qb this year you should change your pick to Mallet or Locker. Unless the bills trade back into the first I dont see them going with a De.

Edited by b stein 22

Amazing that no other mock draft puts Da'Quan Bowers in the 1st round... yet the Bills will take him at #1. It certainly sounds like Marv, I guess, although Bowers may not fit the Tampa 2.

If the Bills have the 1st pick and pass on both Luck and Mallett (heck, even Locker) for Da'Quan Bowers--- come on man, why even play like that.

Amazing that no other mock draft puts Da'Quan Bowers in the 1st round... yet the Bills will take him at #1. It certainly sounds like Marv, I guess, although Bowers may not fit the Tampa 2.

If the Bills have the 1st pick and pass on both Luck and Mallett (heck, even Locker) for Da'Quan Bowers--- come on man, why even play like that.

Well, I don't normally go to other mock draft pages, but to prove you wrong, google search for "2011 NFL Mock Draft" and looking at the first few sites...

Da'Quan Bowers:

No. 26 overall on WalterFootball

No. 10 overall on NFL Draft Dog

No. 16 on NE Patriots Draft Board

No. 26 on Bleacher Report

I stopped looking after that...

I guarantee you, all of these sites will have him top 10 within 2 weeks

Well, I don't normally go to other mock draft pages, but to prove you wrong, google search for "2011 NFL Mock Draft" and looking at the first few sites...

Da'Quan Bowers:

No. 26 overall on WalterFootball

No. 10 overall on NFL Draft Dog

No. 16 on NE Patriots Draft Board

No. 26 on Bleacher Report

I stopped looking after that...

I guarantee you, all of these sites will have him top 10 within 2 weeks

And you feel this way because he gave you an interview? For what it's worth, I was thinking about the professional mock drafts not the fannish sites. This is the first year Bowers has shown any consistency which means he flies directly in the face of what Nix has preached in regards to how he approaches a potential draft pick. I know things change over the course of the year, and he very well may go somewhere in the 1st round--- but not the 1st overall pick whilst ignoring Andrew Luck. That's legitimately crazy.

Did Mallet just suffer a concussion at Auburn or did he just choke and come out of the game early for the backup who lit up for 300+ and 4 TDS? Possibly the system there not the Man Mallet. It is very possible we might not take a QB with our first pick and take one with the 33-36 pick. Heck, Mallet might still be there then. This years QB class seems really deep for potential franchise QBs. 1. Luck, 2. Locker, 3. Mallet, 4. Ponder, 5. Pryor, plus other guys like Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Kellen Moore. Seems like not too many teams need a QB either. Our competition is probably 1. Seattle 2. SF 3. Jacksonville 4. Cincy 5. Minnesota. I dont see all five of those teams going QB in round one so we might roll the dice and try to get Mallet or Ponder in the 2nd round.

And you feel this way because he gave you an interview? For what it's worth, I was thinking about the professional mock drafts not the fannish sites. This is the first year Bowers has shown any consistency which means he flies directly in the face of what Nix has preached in regards to how he approaches a potential draft pick. I know things change over the course of the year, and he very well may go somewhere in the 1st round--- but not the 1st overall pick whilst ignoring Andrew Luck. That's legitimately crazy.

I like his back story, he is a guy of good character, but the way he has dominated team after team this year is hard to ignore.

no interview yet...

Did Mallet just suffer a concussion at Auburn or did he just choke and come out of the game early for the backup who lit up for 300+ and 4 TDS? Possibly the system there not the Man Mallet. It is very possible we might not take a QB with our first pick and take one with the 33-36 pick. Heck, Mallet might still be there then. This years QB class seems really deep for potential franchise QBs. 1. Luck, 2. Locker, 3. Mallet, 4. Ponder, 5. Pryor, plus other guys like Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Kellen Moore. Seems like not too many teams need a QB either. Our competition is probably 1. Seattle 2. SF 3. Jacksonville 4. Cincy 5. Minnesota. I dont see all five of those teams going QB in round one so we might roll the dice and try to get Mallet or Ponder in the 2nd round.

You need to take Luck off your list - at least until 2012 when he'll be in the draft. Probably take Locker off too, at least until round 3, maybe 4. Mallett will be the first QB drafted this April, hopefully by Buffalo.

You need to take Luck off your list - at least until 2012 when he'll be in the draft. Probably take Locker off too, at least until round 3, maybe 4. Mallett will be the first QB drafted this April, hopefully by Buffalo.

Mallett's backup looked just as good as him, and has a better delivery. Granted its only spot duty.

Why does mallett wear a knee brace and shoulder brace on his non throwing shoulder?

Mallett's backup looked just as good as him, and has a better delivery. Granted its only spot duty.

Why does mallett wear a knee brace and shoulder brace on his non throwing shoulder?

Might have been interesting to see what Mallett could have done the rest of the way, had he played more than 20 minutes. (Not to take anything away from Tyler Wilson - he looked great, you're absolutely right, and he's only a sophomore!)

Don't know about the shoulder brace, but Mallett had surgery on his left foot (broken bone) and there's some metal screws in that leg somewhere - could explain the brace/cast (I don't know that it's a 'knee' brace, but lot's of QBs wear protective braces - Kelly, quite the gimp himself, wore two!)

Edited by The Senator

Looking at Carolina's schedule, we may need to fight to get the 1 spot. Clausen hasn't found his feet yet.

In spite of that, Luck or Mallet. I'm not sold on Locker.

Even if the Panthers have the first pick, do you think they would select a QB after they invested a 2nd round pick on Clausen and drafted Pike in the 7th? I'm not sure.

Another prospect a lot of people aren't talking about is Pat Develin out of Delaware. He was originally recruited by Penn State and transfered after not getting playing time. I was talking to a guy who coached him at Downingtown PA and he apparently is a great guy, great QB, and would be starting at Penn State this year if he didn't transfer.

Here is a link to a story about how poorly Penn State handled their QB situation a couple of years ago:

Link

If we do I quit and so will many season ticket holders. Only a moron picks anything besides a QB for this franchise

Might have been interesting to see what Mallett could have done the rest of the way, had he played more than 20 minutes. (Not to take anything away from Tyler Wilson - he looked great, you're absolutely right, and he's only a sophomore!)

Don't know about the shoulder brace, but Mallett had surgery on his left foot (broken bone) and there's some metal screws in that leg somewhere - could explain the brace/cast (I don't know that it's a 'knee' brace, but lot's of QBs wear protective braces - Kelly, quite the gimp himself, wore two!)

Its one of those braces you see players wear after a knee injury. Many OL in college are req to wear them for protective purposes.

True - just wondering if mallett has a lot of injuries, foot knee and shoulder concussion which if true would be a lot. Bradford had serious injuries too i know.

Ive tried to watch games with the up and coming QBs but I've got to be honest Mallett's backup looked awesome if not better in his limited play. I really like his mechanics.

So when the Bills drafted Bruce in 1985, you quit the team?

Bruce Smith had 71 career tackles behind the line of scrimmage and 46 career sacks, including 22 as a junior, en route to winning the Outland Trophy as the nation's best D-lineman as well as a consensus All-American as a senior.

Bruce was considered a "sure thing" and near consensus top 3 pick as he had done it over the course of his entire college career--- and at this point anyway, Bowers is unproven. He very well may be a great pro, but for now the two are simply incomparable. How can you realistically compare the two?

Edited by Punch

Well since Ralph announced that we are getting a Qb this year you should change your pick to Mallet or Locker. Unless the bills trade back into the first I dont see them going with a De.

Mallet or Locker? Which one stops the run better?

Mallet or Locker? Which one stops the run better?

Tackling is just another category where Andrew Luck beats out Mallett and Locker! (I'm sure you've seen his hit from the USC game)