How often do you guys play golf?

BillsPride12

Whenever I can, in good conscience, not spend quality time with the kid.

I went out for the first time THIS YEAR last weekend, and loved it. I want to play more, but i don't ahrdly see my daughter that I feel bad if I don't spend time with her on the weekends.

Pre-kids...I used to play 54 holes when I went out on a Saturday or Sunday, at least once a week. Just kept making the turn. Enjoyed the whole day outside. Also tried to get 9-18 holes in before work one morning a week.

Now, with 2 kids under 5, I'm lucky if I played twice this past summer. Problem is, you are trying shots you usually make (I used to shoot in the high 70s - low 80s) and your swing rhythm is off from not playing as much. So your mind knows what is supposed to happen, but the body does not cooperate. It is actually more frustrating than relaxing.

Sounds just like me. Used to go out 3 or 4 times a week pre kids and wife. Had probably a 6 handicap. I've been out twice in the last 6 or 7 years and each time I shot a 125. Not fun.

Sounds just like me. Used to go out 3 or 4 times a week pre kids and wife. Had probably a 6 handicap. I've been out twice in the last 6 or 7 years and each time I shot a 125. Not fun.

I enjoy the round, successful or not. One thing I never understood is why anyone would bring their wife out to golf? Golf is something you do to get away from the wife.

Thats why if I'm going to do a sport I used to do often (often as in pre-kids), I stick with softball or skiing. You don't need to be nearly as precise and can still have fun with it.

I enjoy the round, successful or not. One thing I never understood is why anyone would bring their wife out to golf? Golf is something you do to get away from the wife.

I'll agree that getting on the course again was fun but playing so poorly pissed me off.

Playing with the wife back then was aufully painful. 5 hours of 20 or 30 yard shots. :wallbash: