2010 DRAFT PLAN

pick one Cameron Heyward Defensive Tackle...Others have pointed this guy out. Right now the best player in the draft in a position of critical need.

Pick two Christian Ponder, qb of Florida State.

Pick three Marvin Austin DT North Carolina

Pick four Demarcus Love OT Arkansas

Second pick four Mark Herzlich OLB Boston College

Pick five Ian Williams DT Notre Dame

Dull day and was thinking about the draft....

pick one Cameron Heyward Defensive Tackle...Others have pointed this guy out. Right now the best player in the draft in a position of critical need.

I would love this draft... i totally agree.

I know that Austin has been suspended, but he was considered one of the top players at his position. What are the chances that his stock drops that much come NFL draft time?

well...I think that is where he will fall especially with the suspension. We hve to remember that our second pick will be almost the same as a late first round, and the third like a late second.

Incidentally Heyward is a defensive end...he is the son of Ironhead Heyward...good lineage!

Disagree.

Not just because passing on the chance at a franchise quarterback should be a criminal offense, but also because Demarcus Love will be gone ~60 picks before we go in the 4th round.

2 Defensive Tackles and a Defensive End? On top of the DT that our current regime reached a 2nd round pick for last year?

Meh.

If Luck isn't there and we don't have one of the first 3 picks, I suspect we go with Marcell Dareus as a 3-4 DE or Robert Quinn as an OLB. Both of those guys are beasts. We haven't had an athlete like either one of those guys since Bruce was here IMHO.

What if Luck isn't there and we have one of the first 3 picks? How would this change our plan? Mallet? Just curious, since I think we're looking good for a top 3.

Disagree.

Not just because passing on the chance at a franchise quarterback should be a criminal offense, but also because Demarcus Love will be gone ~60 picks before we go in the 4th round.

2 Defensive Tackles and a Defensive End? On top of the DT that our current regime reached a 2nd round pick for last year?

Meh.

where are we bleeding the worst? Defensive line and run defense. Last years pick isn't any good or would certainly be playing.

Ponder may be the best passer in the draft. He has at least as much a chance of being a franchise qb as anyone else in this draft.

Heyward looks the most like a Bruce Smith type of player and Austin would be the great run stopper we need. I think Austin being suspended for the season would keep him from being selected in the late first or early second and he would be a bargain in the third.

Love is a lick and a prayer but he would add a lot.

1st round. DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St. Bruce Smith part 2.

2nd round QB Christian Ponder, Florida St. Frank Reich part 2.

3rd round OLB KJ Wright, Missippi ST. Team nedds 3-4 LB's.

4th round ILB Nate Irving, North Carolina St. aka "the Predator", another 3-4 LB.

4th round OT Chris Hairston, Clemson. Played with Spiller.

5th round TE Charlie Gantt, Michigan ST. Good blocking TE.

Edited by bisonbrigade

1st round. DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St. Bruce Smith part 2.

2nd round QB Christian Ponder, Florida St. Frank Reich part 2.

3rd round OLB KJ Wright, Missippi ST. Team nedds 3-4 LB's.

4th round ILB Nate Irving, North Carolina St. aka "the Predator", another 3-4 LB.

4th round OT Chris Hairston, Clemson. Played with Spiller.

5th round TE Charlie Gantt, Michigan ST. Good blocking TE.

I like your fifth round pick. I felt really bad about not picking a tight end. OLB is a huge area of need. I could go with this selection as well. the two I am hoping the most for are Heyward and Ponder.

Austin won't be available at pick three unless the Bills get a couple extra first or second rounder and take him in one of those two rounds. Ponder might be a first rounder depending on his workouts. Cameron Heyward is seen as a very good tackle, but in what system? He's not a NT so he would have to play DE for the Bills. Does he have DE potential? Also keep in mind that DE take a while to "get it." so you might not see a quick return on that investment. Better to get an MLB/OLB with that pick if possible. But I like the way you're thinking.

Edited by purple haze

What if Luck isn't there and we have one of the first 3 picks? How would this change our plan? Mallet? Just curious, since I think we're looking good for a top 3.

Oops, I meant if WE DO have one of the first 3 picks. Also, I have no idea what Buddy thinks of Mallet. Everyone talks about Mallet having a great arm. Well, Jeff George had a great arm and it didn't matter. When I watched Mallet in the Arkansas-Alabama game, he had that vacant, disconnected look in his eyes after he tossed those last 2 picks. Personally, I think buyer-beware with Mallet. But what do I know, I am just some dude on the Internet.

Austin won't be available at pick three unless the Bills get a couple extra first or second rounder and take him in one of those two rounds. Ponder might be a first rounder depending on his workouts. Cameron Heyward is seen as a very good tackle, but in what system? He's not a NT so he would have to play DE for the Bills. Does he have DE potential? Also keep in mind that DE take a while to "get it." so you might not see a quick return on that investment. Better to get an MLB/OLB with that pick if possible. But I like the way you're thinking.

Cameron Heyward is supposed to be THE best 3-4 DE in the Draft by a mile.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qF6ioDj8U

Edited by bisonbrigade

well...I think that is where he will fall especially with the suspension. We hve to remember that our second pick will be almost the same as a late first round, and the third like a late second.

Incidentally Heyward is a defensive end...he is the son of Ironhead Heyward...good lineage!

Except that they aren't a late first round or a late second round. They are what they are second and third round picks. If you were paying the salary would you say "Well you are really the same as a first rounder even though we took you in the second."

Luck or Mallett nuff said...

The Bills should spend money on free agent OT's (there are some every year) and draft LB and DT. This is the quickest way to turn this team around.

I like your thinking. Heyward and Ponder, followed by Marvin Austin, changes two weaknesses into strengths.

DeMarcus Love will go in Round 1.

Astro