Been Reading Tom Clancy's

BillsNYC

Been reading Tom Clancy's OP Center series. I don't think he personally writes them, which is probably why I enjoy them (wasn't a big fan of Red October)

Between reading these (I'm up through the ones written before 1998) and reading Nelson DeMille's 'Lyon's Game', I can't get over how accurate these guys were in portraying middle eastern terrorism before 9-11 put it on the map. It's amazing how they talk about the lack of human intelligence officers, financial cutbacks, and how these terrorist think and act.

Both of them acknowledge that the next American war would be against terrorists on a national scale, and our laziness would come back and bite us in the ass. It's scary reading and seeign how right they would become. They also said it would be one massive event that would get us into the war.

I don't get how these guys saw the signs, yet our goverment did not.

Been reading Tom Clancy's OP Center series. I don't think he personally writes them, which is probably why I enjoy them (wasn't a big fan of Red October)

Between reading these (I'm up through the ones written before 1998) and reading Nelson DeMille's 'Lyon's Game', I can't get over how accurate these guys were in portraying middle eastern terrorism before 9-11 put it on the map. It's amazing how they talk about the lack of human intelligence officers, financial cutbacks, and how these terrorist think and act.

Both of them acknowledge that the next American war would be against terrorists on a national scale, and our laziness would come back and bite us in the ass. It's scary reading and seeign how right they would become. They also said it would be one massive event that would get us into the war.

I don't get how these guys saw the signs, yet our goverment did not.

151023[/snapback]

Maybe they limit their reading to Spy vs. Spy and the Sunday funnies. :)

There was a Clive Cussler novel that came out pre-9/11 that involved a group of terrorists attempting to destroy the financial district by blowing up a natural gas tanker on the East River. I forget the name of the book but it wasn't either of his new series of books, it was a Dirk Pitt novel.

There was a Clive Cussler novel that came out pre-9/11 that involved a group of terrorists attempting to destroy the financial district by blowing up a natural gas tanker on the East River.  I forget the name of the book but it wasn't either of his new series of books, it was a Dirk Pitt novel.

151051[/snapback]

And let's not forget Black Sunday waaaayyyyy back when. It was even a movie too. Imagine, someone from the Middle East highjacking an aircraft with the aim of attacking and killing 70,000 innocent people people! Wow.

And let's not forget Black Sunday waaaayyyyy back when.  It was even a movie too.  Imagine, someone from the Middle East highjacking an aircraft with the aim of attacking and killing 70,000 innocent people people!  Wow.

151124[/snapback]

Maybe we should begin preparing defenses for the Borg.

Maybe we should begin preparing defenses for the Borg.

151127[/snapback]

What if someone builds a Death Star?

Wait, no, that already happened.....a long time ago....in a galaxy far, far away......

But, wait, what if someone builds another one?!?!?

HOLY sh--!!!!