Edwards impresses Jags enough for them to cut Bouman

billsfreak

Ok, NFL Europe story telling time...

Back in 2000 we went to the away game versus the Barcelona Dragons (Amsterdam Admirals diehard back in the days here). The Admirals had a reasonable start to the season and would be host to the World Bowl, the Dragons were 0-3 or something like that. We didnt book a hotel or nothing just got into the car and drove to Sitges where the Barcelona Dragons had their facilities. We settled in a hotel near to the players who had their hotel above a sports cafe. Every day we went into the sports bar and had lunch there while the Dragons were having their lunch there too... In full colors offcourse. We certainly spotted a few looks but all in all the players seemed to pay us no attention at all, still it didnt kill our fun, we were in gameday mood all week. Gameday arrives and we park in the wrong spot as it turns out, we walk straight into this big tuinnel that seems to lead into the stadium... Well it led straight onto the field lol. Anyway we walk around for a bit untill one of the coaches of the Dragons sends us off and back in the parking lot we ask the security guy there (lol) how to get into the stadium. Game starts and we get absolutly smashed, hammered and destroyed by the Dragons. After the game while waiting for our players at their bus we get approached by a couple of Dragon fans who insist to take us along with them to have dinner and beers. Offcourse we couldnt resist. Turns out they lived in Sitges as well, so we have a great meal albleit a bit strange because the two persons who insisted we'd join them were the only ones capable of speaking some english and spanish well spanish we don't speak in europe lol. We werent allowed to pay for anything, not even a round of drinks... After dinner we hit the bar district with them and whilst still sulking a bit I get offered a huge pint of beer, I turn around and who is standing there... Todd Bouman with his entire o-line, all hugeeeeeee smiles; "That's for giving us focus this week, hope you guys still enjoyed your game". Had a great chat with him afterwards, turns out we fueled them big time during the whole week (not exactly our intention lol) but I never forget turning around and seeing these huge guys in a semi circle around Todd and that big smile on his face. They won most of their games after that and made it to the World Bowl that year (even won it I think but sure on that). The shirt my mate was wearing that day still hangs in a frame in my office (with an autograph of one our favorite players).