Ricky Stanzi, Iowa QB

Punch

I really like Stanzi. He reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan when he was coming out of BC a few years ago. He isn't the flashiest of QBs and he isnt going to get the hype that Andrew Luck will or Ryan Mallett, but that doesn't mean he isnt as good. I think his NFL career is going to long and very productive. I really like his pocket awareness and the way he throws his receivers open. That is more of an art that really can't be taught. You either do this or you don't. Fitz is better at it than Edwards was, but neither is really any good at doing so. I would be thrilled if the Bills find a way to draft Stanzi and a stud tackle to take Cornell Green's spot. I think the rest of the line will really pick up over the rest of this season and next year. They are all young and have lots of upside and potential. Bell and Wood's injuries really hurt their development for this season, but not overall. They need to stay healthy and get as much practice as possible this season and offseason.

I really like Stanzi. He reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan when he was coming out of BC a few years ago. He isn't the flashiest of QBs and he isnt going to get the hype that Andrew Luck will or Ryan Mallett, but that doesn't mean he isnt as good. I think his NFL career is going to long and very productive. I really like his pocket awareness and the way he throws his receivers open. That is more of an art that really can't be taught. You either do this or you don't. Fitz is better at it than Edwards was, but neither is really any good at doing so. I would be thrilled if the Bills find a way to draft Stanzi and a stud tackle to take Cornell Green's spot. I think the rest of the line will really pick up over the rest of this season and next year. They are all young and have lots of upside and potential. Bell and Wood's injuries really hurt their development for this season, but not overall. They need to stay healthy and get as much practice as possible this season and offseason.

Matt Ryan is exactly who he reminded me of---- I gotta say, I'm more inclined at this point to take Carimi in the 1st round and go for Stanzi later on... of course, come draft time, his stock may shoot up.

Just based upon that highlight reel I think he looks like a solid QB. Definitely, not the flashiest QB, but one that can get it done. What stuck out to me was that he was good at throwing on the run. Also, he appears to have good pocket presence. Seems like the kind of guy we could get in the second round unless he shoots up everyone's draft boards. Honestly though, it's too early to be talking draft :oops:

Honestly though, it's too early to be talking draft :oops:

I agree, for the most part--- I figure a lot of posters follow college football, though, so I consider it an off-topic topic rather than a 100% draft issue.

Being a big Big Ten Conference fan, I've watched Ricki Stanzi play. An athletic quarterback who is injury prone as well as mistake prone. In fact he is very mistake prone, and generally Iowa wins when he minimizes his mistakes. No quarterback in the big ten is worth a look at the professional level in my opinion.

Interesting--- I hope the Bills scouting department aren't relying on YouTube---- although the last few 1st rounders sort of indicate that they might be!

I agree, for the most part--- I figure a lot of posters follow college football, though, so I consider it an off-topic topic rather than a 100% draft issue.

Very true. I am going to be watch college football more than ever this year, since I am interested in seeing who is available outside of the "Big Three".