why Jake Locker went 4 for 20

marsadale

Ponder looked like **** when he played OU

See? The OP was right - Ponder does not want to be drafted by Buffalo...

Link - Stanford's Andrew Luck moves to top of mock draft

Sporting News’ 2011 mock draft entering Week 5 of the college football season:

1. 49ers, Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford

2. Lions, Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

3. Panthers, Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina

4. Bills, Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State

I guess Ponder will try to play himself out of the first round after seeing that.

People, the Bills will probably be drafting a QB or LT in round one, so everyone please refrain from saying anything bad about Ryan Mallett or Gabe Carimi - they'll both sh_t the bed if they catch wind that the Bills might draft them. :rolleyes:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean kind of like how Eli Manning was drafted by the Chargers, refused to play there, and went on to win a SB with the Giants? Doh. Stupid facts.

Really, the whole point of my thread was less about Locker, and more about some of the miserable know it all pukes who are constantly bashing our players. It's a game. I enjoy seeing them win as much as ANYBODY. But the reason i like to see them win so much is because theyre MY GUYS. I adopt them as MY GUYS the minute the put on the Bills helmet and go out there to battle. When your kid gets dribbled passed or dunked over, do you stand up in the stands and scream down the coach, or call out your son on the court? (maybe some of you do)

And to use the excuse that it happens everywhere, i know youre right. A55holes are everywhere. It's a personal choice when you decide to be one of them.

The thread was more about the malice that a young player with high expectations looming overhead would rightly expect to recieve if they came to Buffalo. An attempt to have some people think about maybe chilling out some of the rhetoric.

Go Bills

Edited by marsadale

Really, the whole point of my thread was less about Locker, and more about some of the miserable know it all pukes who are constantly bashing our players. It's a game. I enjoy seeing them win as much as ANYBODY. But the reason i like to see them win so much is because theyre MY GUYS. I adopt them as MY GUYS the minute the put on the Bills helmet and go out there to battle. When your kid gets dribbled passed or dunked over, do you stand up in the stands and scream down the coach, or call out your son on the court? (maybe some of you do)

And to use the excuse that it happens everywhere, i know youre right. A55holes are everywhere. It's a personal choice when you decide to be one of them.

The thread was more about the malice that a young player with high expectations looming overhead would rightly expect to recieve if they came to Buffalo. An attempt to have some people think about maybe chilling out some of the rhetoric.

Go Bills

Then your thread title is highly misleading, because it leads one to believe that the reason that Locker would go 4 for 20 would be to avoid an unfavorable situation in Buffalo.

And I'm really not sure what you mean about chilling out the rhetoric. While I'm a huge homer and big-time optimist, I think a lot of fans have a right to be upset with the team. Nobody expected this team to be barn-burners but it can be really disheartening to see that this is basically a rebuilding year, a song and dance we all know too well out of OBD.

Bottom line--these guys are elite athletes. They've been dealing with criticism all of their lives. In many cases it's probably what drove them to prove their critics wrong and push their game to the next level. You don't get as far as the NFL by being thin-skinned and afraid to be called out.

Trust me, there's only one way to end the constant parade of critics; to quote the great/scary-looking Al Davis, "Just win baby."

Thank you for clarifying, but the thread still defies the principles of logic.

Why would Locker assume that Buffalo would draft him? Perhaps a team like the 49ers would get him with their 1st overall pick, and if he's tanking the season, then he would be available in the later rounds of the draft.

It most definitely does. 'Screw first round money! Lets tank it and hope a crap team doesn't draft me later on!' WRONG

You mean kind of like how Eli Manning was drafted by the Chargers, refused to play there, and went on to win a SB with the Giants? Doh. Stupid facts.

The Chargers had them rated 1-2 and ended up with the better end of the deal. Didn't they? They chose to trade him. Elway...anybody else? Draft picks have no leverage.