How Does This Work

Bill from NYC

This is the most mature thread I have ever read. I mean that in all seriousness.

I think it boiled down to respect for Trent. Many fans has a disdain for the man, that his coaches and peers do not. I think that they realized this relationship was not going to work. Chan probably feels genuinely remorseful. I have not read one negative thing about Trent this year, in regards to his personality. I also think that his aloofness was more of a symptom of his internalization of his emotions, not the arrogance it was perceived as. I think Trent's biggest problem is Trent. Anybody that is honest about their emotions has been there in one form or another, we are just fortunate that it didn't unfold in front of a tormented fan base, and a venomous local, small market, media.

Chan, from what I gather, tends to get fairly close to his players, but is not a buddy. He understands what is lost in a relationship by becoming their pal, but I bet he still gets close. He has made comments that Trent was too hard on himself, and that they were working on that. It is, obviously, an issue that they felt couldn't be resolved. It was best to give TE the change of scenery.

Could you imagine if he came into a game as the #2? The fans would suffer at least 3 casualties, due to heads simply exploding. His play under center, in games that matter, was simply mind-numbing. This relationship had run it's course. To keep him here was to hold him hostage. We were done watching him, and to put him out on the field in Buffalo would have been the worst case for all involved.

Cut ties, and walk away friends. I don't think you'll hear Trent talk poorly about this organization, like Johnson did when he left. I think everybody was very mature about the whole thing...minus most message board "junior GM's," who rarely handle any Bills news with class.

Brohm, like him or not, is on this roster because he does have talent. Him being with Gailey is the optimal situation for him. I hope we see him, and believe we will, so Chan can evaluate his gameday decision making, and decide if he is going to be on this team, and what role he will play.

I know many want to draft a QB, and I have to agree, it currently sounds like a must do, but to throw a rookie out there next year will be counter productive to all involved. Rodgers is what he is because he was able to be groomed. The Packers, in fact, drafted Brohm because they were nervous about what they had.

Brohm has had to learn some real lessons, mentally, in what he has been through...top five pick, slip to 2nd round, miserable preseason filled with self-doubt, cut to PS, then come to Buffalo and be 3rd string. If you watched him in the preseason and deny he has talent, I question your eye sight. I am not saying he is ready, but he is a QB. He is simply sitting and learning like Rodgers did, only we as fans don't have the luxury of Brett Favre in front of him.

Interesting time to be a Bills fan...I find myself saying that every year, but it sure beats harping on the negative over and over...and over.

Great post, good reasoning, and as you say a very mature discussion. This is the reason I keep coming back here despite the "junior GM's" you mention.

This is the most mature thread I have ever read. I mean that in all seriousness.

I think it boiled down to respect for Trent. Many fans has a disdain for the man, that his coaches and peers do not. I think that they realized this relationship was not going to work. Chan probably feels genuinely remorseful. I have not read one negative thing about Trent this year, in regards to his personality. I also think that his aloofness was more of a symptom of his internalization of his emotions, not the arrogance it was perceived as. I think Trent's biggest problem is Trent. Anybody that is honest about their emotions has been there in one form or another, we are just fortunate that it didn't unfold in front of a tormented fan base, and a venomous local, small market, media.

Chan, from what I gather, tends to get fairly close to his players, but is not a buddy. He understands what is lost in a relationship by becoming their pal, but I bet he still gets close. He has made comments that Trent was too hard on himself, and that they were working on that. It is, obviously, an issue that they felt couldn't be resolved. It was best to give TE the change of scenery.

Could you imagine if he came into a game as the #2? The fans would suffer at least 3 casualties, due to heads simply exploding. His play under center, in games that matter, was simply mind-numbing. This relationship had run it's course. To keep him here was to hold him hostage. We were done watching him, and to put him out on the field in Buffalo would have been the worst case for all involved.

Cut ties, and walk away friends. I don't think you'll hear Trent talk poorly about this organization, like Johnson did when he left. I think everybody was very mature about the whole thing...minus most message board "junior GM's," who rarely handle any Bills news with class.

Brohm, like him or not, is on this roster because he does have talent. Him being with Gailey is the optimal situation for him. I hope we see him, and believe we will, so Chan can evaluate his gameday decision making, and decide if he is going to be on this team, and what role he will play.

I know many want to draft a QB, and I have to agree, it currently sounds like a must do, but to throw a rookie out there next year will be counter productive to all involved. Rodgers is what he is because he was able to be groomed. The Packers, in fact, drafted Brohm because they were nervous about what they had.

Brohm has had to learn some real lessons, mentally, in what he has been through...top five pick, slip to 2nd round, miserable preseason filled with self-doubt, cut to PS, then come to Buffalo and be 3rd string. If you watched him in the preseason and deny he has talent, I question your eye sight. I am not saying he is ready, but he is a QB. He is simply sitting and learning like Rodgers did, only we as fans don't have the luxury of Brett Favre in front of him.

Interesting time to be a Bills fan...I find myself saying that every year, but it sure beats harping on the negative over and over...and over.

The most reality-centered post I've seen in a while.