It is more than obvious this team has No Plan!

billsfreak

IMO the draft was not as bad as a lot of people make out.

#1 Spiller…..Excellent chance that the man turns out to be an exciting and productive RB.

#2 Troup…..Great potential, good choice, is being brought along with care.

#3 Carrington…..Great potential, patience is the word here.

#4 Easley…..Injury, bad luck, would have been a productive WR this year is not for the injury.

#5 Wang…..Injury again, will develop at least into a role player.

#6 Moats…..Great potential, changing from DL to LB will take a little time but has all the tools.

#7 Batten…..Injury again, would have made to squad if not for the injury bug, great potential.

#8 Brown…..Backup, who knows?

#9 Calloway…..The only real fizzle!

Look at the good side, huh?

IMO the draft was not as bad as a lot of people make out.

#1 Spiller…..Excellent chance that the man turns out to be an exciting and productive RB.

#2 Troup…..Great potential, good choice, is being brought along with care.

#3 Carrington…..Great potential, patience is the word here.

#4 Easley…..Injury, bad luck, would have been a productive WR this year is not for the injury.

#5 Wang…..Injury again, will develop at least into a role player.

#6 Moats…..Great potential, changing from DL to LB will take a little time but has all the tools.

#7 Batten…..Injury again, would have made to squad if not for the injury bug, great potential.

#8 Brown…..Backup, who knows?

#9 Calloway…..The only real fizzle!

Look at the good side, huh?

And you could look into a bag of horse manure and see gold to I bet. This team has been rebuilding longer than it takes to rebuild and entire country. Maybe we should change the team's name to the Buffalo ReBillders. Edited by billsfreak

Let's look at the timeline.

-A little over two weeks ago training camp and the preseason ended, the coaching staff made it sound that it was more than obvious that Trent Edwards was the best quarterback on the team. Two weeks later he is benched then a week later released. In a little over two weeks he went from being the teams best option to a QB who is a free agent with at least 6 teams arguing over the waiver claim order so they can pick him up. I know the many Edwards haters on this board will like the move, but the way it was handled is ignorant.

As its been said countless times, TE was the starter based on preseason. Once the real bullets started flying, he folded. End of story. We can (and will) argue about his release, how much sense it did or didn't make, but keeping him on the roster when the coach was (probably) scared to put him back on the field if something happened to Fitz, wasn't going to happen. So they released him now rather than later, giving TE a chance to catch on with another team and bringing someone in that Gailey has more confidence in. There were 2 teams (not 6) that filed a claim to TE; one of which admits it was at least, in part, to get insider info from him and the Jags are hurting so bad at the position, that almost anyone with starter experience is considered an upgrade.

-A couple weeks ago, Spiller was the starter with Jackson the backup. Lynch was on the border of being traded and was a malcontent who the staff was voicing their displeasure in through the media. After one regular season game, Lynch was now the starter, Spiller was used as he should have been, and Jackson barely sees the field.

The bolded statement is a) based on the injuries to Lynch and Jackson, and b) conjecture based on media and amateur reporters guessing that this was the case. Gailey admitted in public that putting CJ in the starter role was too much, too soon and they had to get him acclimated to the pro game. Which is exactly what is happening. You can say that Freddie should be starting over Marshawn, but that's your opinion.

-A couple weeks ago, after a training camp where one of the biggest battles was the #2 receiver. After a long battle, Steve Johnson was the clear winner of the #2 receiver according to Chan Gailey. Now two weeks later, he is no longer the #2 and Roscoe Parrish, an undersized speedster is the #2, a role no other team would use him in.

SJ didn't suck in his first two games, but he certainly didn't deserve the #2 position. Apparently the coach believes that Roscoe gives him the best opportunity, and he's done pretty well so far. Again, in real games that count, Gailey watched, decided a change was due and he made it. Maybe no other team would consider Roscoe their #2 (and that's subjective also), but apparently he's the best of WRs after Lee Evans.

-The starters in the defensive backfield seem to change every week.

AFAIK, it's been Whitner, Byrd, McGee, and Florence, except for nickel and dime packages. Byrd didn't start in Game 1 because he was returning from injury, but played 31 snaps. Where is this starting merry-go-round in the D backfield that you speak of?

If there was so much ineterest in edwards with 6 teams fighting over the wiaver wire why did not one stp up and offer a late round pik for the guy a day earlier?

Why bring a #2 and #3 high round pik slowly into your plays rather just throw them in. They are defensive players, not QBs or WRs!!!!

Other than Spiller, this looks like a wasted draft year. Me thinks Buddy is 30 yrs past his prime as a talent evaluator. Talks a good game but does not deliver.

As its been said countless times, TE was the starter based on preseason. Once the real bullets started flying, he folded. End of story. We can (and will) argue about his release, how much sense it did or didn't make, but keeping him on the roster when the coach was (probably) scared to put him back on the field if something happened to Fitz, wasn't going to happen. So they released him now rather than later, giving TE a chance to catch on with another team and bringing someone in that Gailey has more confidence in. There were 2 teams (not 6) that filed a claim to TE; one of which admits it was at least, in part, to get insider info from him and the Jags are hurting so bad at the position, that almost anyone with starter experience is considered an upgrade.

Was Edwards any different than he was last year? Did Jauron take all of the game film with him? Were they different bullets than last year? No, they weren't even different than the first team defenses he faced in preseason, they were just more vanilla. It is easy to say there were 2 teams now that it has happened, but both NFL Network and ESPN said there were as many as 6 teams considering putting in a claim. Hindsight is 20-20 I guess.

The bolded statement is a) based on the injuries to Lynch and Jackson, and b) conjecture based on media and amateur reporters guessing that this was the case. Gailey admitted in public that putting CJ in the starter role was too much, too soon and they had to get him acclimated to the pro game. Which is exactly what is happening. You can say that Freddie should be starting over Marshawn, but that's your opinion.

Gailey said more than once that Spiller was the starter becuase he "earned it". Not because all other options were hurt. I didn't say Freddie should be starting, in fact I wasn't even giving my opinion, just stating facts. You can check my posts, I have said several times, that if he gets his head on straight and gets in shape, Lynch is the best back on this roster.

SJ didn't suck in his first two games, but he certainly didn't deserve the #2 position. Apparently the coach believes that Roscoe gives him the best opportunity, and he's done pretty well so far. Again, in real games that count, Gailey watched, decided a change was due and he made it. Maybe no other team would consider Roscoe their #2 (and that's subjective also), but apparently he's the best of WRs after Lee Evans.

What did he do in camp to deserve the #2? I didn't see anything great in any of the preseason games? But then again, the running back that performed the best for us in preseason or at least as good as Spiller is now on the Eagles roster.AFAIK, it's been Whitner, Byrd, McGee, and Florence, except for nickel and dime packages. Byrd didn't start in Game 1 because he was returning from injury, but played 31 snaps. Where is this starting merry-go-round in the D backfield that you speak of?

Edited by billsfreak

Was Edwards any different than he was last year? Did Jauron take all of the game film with him? Were they different bullets than last year? No, they weren't even different than the first team defenses he faced in preseason, they were just more vanilla. It is easy to say there were 2 teams now that it has happened, but both NFL Network and ESPN said there were as many as 6 teams considering putting in a claim. Hindsight is 20-20 I guess.

I'm guessing the answers to your first three questions are No, No, and No. But the current head coach evaluated 4 QBs, and felt Edwards was the best of the 4 AND he needed to see for himself, with his offense, and the current supporting cast, was TE improved or was he the same QB he saw on film. So, it took him two games to make sure. Should he have known this before the end of the Green Bay game? That's hindsight 20-20 to me. No matter what the NFL Network and ESPN reported, 2 teams claimed him. So even if 6 teams were considering it, 4 decided that either he wasn't worth it or their records were better than than the Jags and he wouldn't be awarded to them. Moot point IMO.

Gailey said more than once that Spiller was the starter becuase he "earned it". Not because all other options were hurt. I didn't say Freddie should be starting, in fact I wasn't even giving my opinion, just stating facts. You can check my posts, I have said several times, that if he gets his head on straight and gets in shape, Lynch is the best back on this roster.

This is similar to the QB fiasco, in that he may have "earned it" in preseason, but couldn't get it done in the real games. Once again, Gailey doesn't waste time on bad choices, he acts decisively to correct it and moves on. He will take flack on things like this, but I kinda like it. Ok, I didn't mean to insinuate that you really wanted Jackson to start, just that starting Jackson over Lynch was a subjective thing amongst fans.

What did he do in camp to deserve the #2? I didn't see anything great in any of the preseason games? But then again, the running back that performed the best for us in preseason or at least as good as Spiller is now on the Eagles roster.

Maybe what you're really trying to say is that you're not a fan of a HC that evaluates, makes a choice, sees the results, and quickly makes an adjustment with depth chart moves. That's fair.

For real, I was scratching my head about the Bell RB decision and the only thing that makes sense to me is that he was taking up a precious roster spot and (lack of stellar) ST play.