building up a qb

HARCO186

I know everyone is second guessing the release of Trent. I thought and still think that the management knew that Nix was going to be our next GM and that Chan had a big part of becoming coach when the management was told by Cowher to take Chan. I feel that people had an eye on Brohm when he was drafted by GB. I feel Nix made a call to grab Brohm to be a Bill for the next coaching staff last year.

Chan likes Brohm but knows that this year is not the year to bring in a new qb when the team is rebuilding. Why put the futeure qb in situation to get hurt by oppsing defenses? Have them sit back and watch and learn the system, let the o-line improve, and then after a year, let them start. I felt this way from the beggining and still feel like Buffalo has a plan to make Brohm the qb by next year. Fitz just outplayed Trent when it mattered. Fitz will stay on the team as our backup and will do just fine. The team will restructure and even get a better line by next year and I really think that Brohm will be the man by next year. It makes sense to have him sit back and watch. Why else would anyone pick him up last year when we had no GM or head coach last year.

Buffalo will at the very best get the 5th or 6th pick next year. That will leave us again with no top qb, but should land us a great offensive lineman or a great lb. Either way I feel that the team is having Brohm ride the bench to better understand the system and teach him what to do to be our next qb. What do you think.

I know everyone is second guessing the release of Trent. I thought and still think that the management knew that Nix was going to be our next GM and that Chan had a big part of becoming coach when the management was told by Cowher to take Chan. I feel that people had an eye on Brohm when he was drafted by GB. I feel Nix made a call to grab Brohm to be a Bill for the next coaching staff last year.

Chan likes Brohm but knows that this year is not the year to bring in a new qb when the team is rebuilding. Why put the futeure qb in situation to get hurt by oppsing defenses? Have them sit back and watch and learn the system, let the o-line improve, and then after a year, let them start. I felt this way from the beggining and still feel like Buffalo has a plan to make Brohm the qb by next year. Fitz just outplayed Trent when it mattered. Fitz will stay on the team as our backup and will do just fine. The team will restructure and even get a better line by next year and I really think that Brohm will be the man by next year. It makes sense to have him sit back and watch. Why else would anyone pick him up last year when we had no GM or head coach last year.

Buffalo will at the very best get the 5th or 6th pick next year. That will leave us again with no top qb, but should land us a great offensive lineman or a great lb. Either way I feel that the team is having Brohm ride the bench to better understand the system and teach him what to do to be our next qb. What do you think.

The whole premise is ridiculous, starting with the 1st paragraph conjectures. All you had to do was listen to Chan yesterday to know Brohm will get his chance this year. They're not going into the draft, never playing Brohm and not drafting a QB. It goes against everything getting rid of Edwards was all about.

Do you really think 5 teams will have worse records than the Bills? Name them-but before you do, take a look at their schedules the rest of the year. Our's is very tough.

The whole premise is ridiculous, starting with the 1st paragraph conjectures. All you had to do was listen to Chan yesterday to know Brohm will get his chance this year. They're not going into the draft, never playing Brohm and not drafting a QB. It goes against everything getting rid of Edwards was all about.

Do you really think 5 teams will have worse records than the Bills? Name them-but before you do, take a look at their schedules the rest of the year. Our's is very tough.

Finally coming around, I see! :thumbsup:

BTW, a team with a much better record - possibly NE*, who has the Raiders first round pick - could also draft Mallett/Luck/Locker/QB du jour and trade him (or the pick) for a half dozen picks over the next 2 years, so we damn well better find out about Brohm before the draft.

Edited by The Senator