Debunking the Troup plays a lot myth...

Thoner7

Over the past 2 weeks I have noticed multiple posts by multiple posters in multiple threads *claiming* Troupe had been getting all this playing time. Some even claimed he had begun to take snaps from KWilliams.

I knew from actually paying attnetion to the games that this was totally off base. So this week I decided to count all of the defensive plays and count how many of them Troup actually was in on. I included plays that were negated due to penalty, so that I could get the largest sample possible,but I did not count any special teams plays.

I may be off by 1 or 2 of the total plays, but I tallied 70 total plays, again including ones negated by penalties. Troup was in on only 9 of those 70 snaps (no I was not off in counting all of Troups plays, he played exactly 9).

Thats 12.8% of the plays. 12.8%

He was not double teamed on any of those 9 plays.

The MYTH that he has been playing a lot, and that he is replacing/is going to replace K. Williams is just that, a Myth.

Carry on. (the intent of this is not to be a Troupe v Clausen thread - just address all the posters claiming Troup currently plays a lot for this team)

It seems alot of their picks were with an eye towards who they thought would become the best player, rather than who they thought would help their lineup the most this season. Perhaps since, as Buddy has stated multiple times, "they can't do it all in one year." Troup and Carrington are not better than the players ahead of them at their position right now. But the thought is that the more "best players" you get on the team, after multiple years of drafting in this fashion, there will be a team with multiple "best players" filling it. It's unfortuanate now because everyone wants instant results.