Marcus McNeill signs 1-yr tender with SD

bills44

Proves the point that holding out is the WORST decision a player can make. His salary was almost $3.2 million and now ProFootballTalk.com sez it's like $440k. Nice haircut! :oops:

Proves the point it's the worst decision you can make if that's the way it turns out in that particular case. Because the Bills started to play hardball and then didn't follow through, it worked out great for Jason Peters.

Basically, sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. If you're going to cave like McNeill did, you probably shouldn't bother missing a game.

This could be good news for "some" team . Mcneill had to sign his offer sheet with the Chargers in order to play or be traded. The NFL trade deadline is Oct 19th.

Need I say , lets go Buddy!!!!!!

I find it hard to believe that a guy would hold out and then sign to play for the lower pro rated tender. 440k for the rest of the year, why bother? It does allow him to use this year as a year of service but I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded. I would imagine the Cowboys would be interested. The Bills should be but this will be an expensive acquisition.

Edited by agardin

I find it hard to believe that a guy would hold out and then sign to play for the lower pro rated tender. 440k for the rest of the year, why bother? It does allow him to use this year as a year of service but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't traded. I would imagine the Cowboys would be interested. The Bills should be but this will be an expensive acquisition.

Because he has to be active for a certain number of games in order for it to count as a year of service. Without this year of service gone by he could remain Chargers property.

Because he has to be active for a certain number of games in order for it to count as a year of service. Without this year of service gone by he could remain Chargers property.

I did say that in the next sentence after the bolded part. What if the franchise tag remains in the CBA, he could be a Charger for another year. I guess he never should have held out in the first place. Sometimes you gotta know when to fold em. Unless he is traded to the Cowboys and JJ gives him a ton of money.

If he is traded what would be the compensation? It would be more than a first for most teams, the Bills number 1 would get it done as it will be a high pick. I wouldn't do it, if this pick does turn out to be the number 1 pick in the draft it would be worth more than McNeil.