Bills love and Bell gone from PS

Hey Guys,

I've been reading all these posts for years, appreciate everyone's comments, and as a die hard Bills fan for the past 25 years (from Rochester originally), I wanted to say hello, thank you and that I feel ur pain and wish I wasn't in an abusive relationship with my favorite football team. That being said, I do and will continue to watch and root for the Bills, and buy their jersey's, tickets, and memorabilia. The reason is that in my opinion, its great to be in love with a team the way we all are. Even if that team sucks from time to time, or for the past 10 years, it feels better to have a team that you call your own, that genuinely brings you elation with every small success and heartbreak with every failure. I go to a Bills bar here in chicago, and I can't tell you how good it feels to be surrounded by a group of people that have love and passion for THEIR team, screaming at the big screen, drinking Labatts like holy water, high five-ing and hugging with every big play, and singing the Shout song at the top of their lungs with every score. I genuinely feel sorry for the people I see at sports bars watching every screen to make sure their fantasy team is doing well, and not having any ONE team that they love, live and die by. My "fantasy team" is the Bills, and when we eventually make it to and WIN the superbowl, I will win my "pool". I don't care how long it takes, because I am going to enjoy the ride along the way.

Ok, enough grandstanding, down to the discussion...

Not sure if this was in another post, and if so, I apologize (if you can't tell, I am a first time poster), I was genuinely disappointed to see Joique Bell signed off our practice squad by Philly. I thought he really had talent that would blossom in the NFL. I also thought that his running style was more of the north-south, bang up the middle and then break free into the secondary type that exhausts defenses (a la the Bus or Brandon Jacobs or even Cedric Benson). I think that Marshawn is capable of that, even if he drives me nuts when he runs up to the line full speed and then stops and looks around, effectively losing all his momentum (like a Big McGahee). I think he would be much more effective taking a second to let things develop, then committing to a hole and pounding through (like a big Ricky Williams in his prime). ANyways, my point is, I like Marshawn, and think that when he runs the way he should and is used in a way that utilizes his talent he can be a premiere NFL back (on a side note, can we please stop running him on sweeps when you have Jackson and Spiller on the sideline!! Its a waste of everyone's talent!). Anyways, back to the point, Bell was a good second option that may have eventually taken the reigns if Marshawn got hurt or was traded. I think that now that Bell is gone, we have no back up POWER back, so any trade ideas are gonna be dead in the water. I wanted to get ur thoughts on losing Bell, and say once again thank you for keeping this forum alive. It makes me feel like I am back home talking with insane Bills fans every morning I open up the computer. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

Good post and glad to have you on TBD! The Bills apparently thought other teams would ignore Bell, hell I heard a commentator even mention the moment this kid is place on the practice squad other teams will come calling. I'm just shock it took this long, the Eagles is building from the Bills like four or five former Bills are on there squad.. The kid look as tho he has tons of potential but it was Pre-season and the Eagles OLINE on paper look better then ours actually suck donkey a$$ like ours. So we will see if we loss a future good player or if like everybody else they received from us didn't even matter in the first place beside Bobby April I'm still mad at that one..

I agree Chicago. My thoughts exactly, I liked Bell and thought he'd be great to have on the Bills for awile, and a great compliment to Spiller.

Read yesterday that Simpson was signed by Skins too, but can't find anything about it.

I know it'd be tough to fit 4 RBs on roster, but seems like Bell/Simpson finds were some good luck that we squandered. I'll always root for UDFA's, so go D Nelson & Coleman!

Edited by dgrid

Welcome to TSW and nice post. Where in Rochester do you hale from? I'm an old Penfield boy myself.

Hey, thanks for the welcome, I happen to be a penfield kid myself. Graduated in 1996. BTW it disgusts me to no end that they changed the name of the Penfield athletic teams from the Penfield Chiefs to the Penfield PATRIOTS!!! Who in their right mind living in upstate New York thinks that PATRIOTS is in any way an appropriate name for a high school sports team. Although, if the football team is as bad as it was when I was there, it gives me a little solace to know that at least one "Patriots" football team that the bills could beat.... i hope.