Our Wideouts vs Quarterback Time to Throw. Help me.

Webster Guy

One thing I havent heard on the radio or seen here is the biggest issue killing our passing game. Two things need to be done in order to answer this:

#1 Take a stopwatch and figure out how much time Trent has when he drops back until he has to throw, or tuck it and run, or throw it away. I'd like to know what the league average is, and what our average is.

#2 Watch the receivers at the game and see if they're getting separation and getting open. You can't usually see this on TV so you'd have to be at the game or have game tape.

I'd like for a radio station like wgr (or heaven forbid a guy like Sully) to do some real research on something like this and give us a better idea of what the actual problem is. Some posters say our WR's suck, but how can you know if we don't look at everything. It might turn out that its only one thing and not so much the other.

I understand that we have a bad line, but Mr. Aron Rodgers had a horrible line last year and he had an amazing year. Are line is not killing the passing game its trent Edwards being a retard. He does not throw the ball unless he sees there 100 yards of space between the receiver and defender. THE PROBLEM IS TRENT EDTARD.

Edited by b stein 22

One thing I havent heard on the radio or seen here is the biggest issue killing our passing game. Two things need to be done in order to answer this:

#1 Take a stopwatch and figure out how much time Trent has when he drops back until he has to throw, or tuck it and run, or throw it away. I'd like to know what the league average is, and what our average is.

#2 Watch the receivers at the game and see if they're getting separation and getting open. You can't usually see this on TV so you'd have to be at the game or have game tape.

I'd like for a radio station like wgr (or heaven forbid a guy like Sully) to do some real research on something like this and give us a better idea of what the actual problem is. Some posters say our WR's suck, but how can you know if we don't look at everything. It might turn out that its only one thing and not so much the other.

1) the stopwatch thing no time in the pocket is just as dependent on the line as it is the quarterback being able to feel the pressure around him and allow the line to create a suitable pocket.

2) what a lot of people don't understand is wide receivers in the NFL don't get open like you do in backyard football. The quarterbacks anticipation throws a wide receiver open. The problem Is Trent likes throwing to stationary targets and throws with no anticipation at all. Generally a receiver gets open after the ball is thrown unless the defense really screws up

This would be a good exercise, but another thing that is vital here is how many guys are rushing the passer. From what I've seen so far (and for many years now actually) is that teams can rush just 3 or 4 guys and rush our QB. That means that there are either 7 or 8 guys covering receiving options. Two of those guys will be on Evans, and the rest of the defenders will not give up anything medium range, and there is rarely time to throw deep. Therefore, you get sacks (Losman, Bledsoe), incompletions (Fitzpatrick, Holcomb) or checkdowns (Trent).

#3 Are the receivers even capable of running routes like actual NFL receivers any more? Will they know what to do when the ball actually (read: hopefully) arrives when they make the break? Will they be completely dumbfounded?