Time Warner Cable = cheap bastards

DonInBuffalo

So, ****head, apparently that excuses you for being a complete dick throughout this entire thread. Sorry if I don't get it. All I know is a few weeks my cable worked fine. One day my cable box just decides to break, all by itself, for no apparent reason, when I'm not even watching TV. The replacement box is obviously faulty. Excuse me for even suggesting they might be screwing people over. Geez.

Exactly my point, Dan. You accused them of something without understanding the situation. Not cool.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly my point, Dan. You accused them of something without understanding the situation. Not cool.

No, ****head. I parenthetically suggested they might being doing something like that. I was simply considering all plausible alternatives. WTF is your problem? Do you somehow "get off" my calling me "Dan"? Does it make you "chuckle" to repeatedly be a dick by not offering any help whatsoever, but instead just continuously make pointless twit responses? I just don't get it. I don't find anything "cool" about your attitude in this thread; I think you're just being a really obnoxious jerk for no apparent reason.

Edited by DonInBuffalo

No, ****head. I parenthetically suggested they might being doing something like that. I was simply considering all plausible alternatives. WTF is your problem? Do you somehow "get off" my calling me "Dan"? Does it make you "chuckle" to repeatedly be a dick by not offering any help whatsoever, but instead just continuously make pointless twit responses? I just don't get it. I don't find anything "cool" about your attitude in this thread; I think you're just being a really obnoxious jerk for no apparent reason.

Come on BF, Dan obviously does not appreciate your comments, so leave him alone.

I'd still recommend switching to DirecTV or Dish or FiOS. (not U-Verse tho... ;) ).

And fox news parenthetically suggested obama was a terrorist. What's your point?

I doubt it. The tech who installed the new box setup the HD channels so they were the proper aspect ratio and filled the screen. I can press the # key to change the aspect ratio, but the only changes I can make either gets a picture that overflows the screen, or doesn't fill it properly. The bottom line is the feed itself is grainy. When I called Time Warner to ask them about this, the person answering the phone didn't even know what OTA meant, and tried to tell me that the cable feed isn't supposed to look "exactly" like what the networks provide.

Refer to my sig line. My TV is easy. :thumbsup:

Here's my question Dave. Why would they be doing something like that?

It's just a number. WTF is your problem? Am I the only one here who didn't take an obnoxious pill this morning?

Well gee Dale with an attitude like that I'm surprised we're not leaping at the chance to work with you. Maybe if you stood near the TV with your tinfoil hat you'd get better reception.

Oh and BTW you may have not taken an obnoxious pill but I think you overdosed on irony pills.

Edited by Chef Jim

Well gee Dale with an attitude like that I'm surprised we're not leaping at the chance to work with you. Maybe if you stood near the TV with your tinfoil hat you'd get better reception.

Oh and BTW you may have not taken an obnoxious pill but I think you overdosed on irony pills.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Where I come from, the "name calling game" going on here is rude, childish, and obnoxious. From my perspective, you folks act like a bunch of cliquish twits who insist on trying to find ways to annoy me, as opposed to participating in something resembling intelligent adult conversation. Sorry, I outgrew that sort of b.s. when I was in junior high school.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Where I come from, the "name calling game" going on here is rude, childish, and obnoxious. From my perspective, you folks act like a bunch of cliquish twits who insist on trying to find ways to annoy me, as opposed to participating in something resembling intelligent adult conversation. Sorry, I outgrew that sort of b.s. when I was in junior high school.

That's just good stuff right there Drew.

Enjoy your circle jerk; I'm fed up with this crap. Unfortunately I mistook this forum for something resembling legitimate adult conversation.

Sorry Doug, but it's hard to have an "adult" conversation with someone accuses a major company of systematically breaking their own equipment. What is your opinion as to why they might be doing that? Do they just not like people named Derek?

Sorry Doug, but it's hard to have an "adult" conversation with someone accuses a major company of systematically breaking their own equipment. What is your opinion as to why they might be doing that? Do they just not like people named Derek?

Against my better judgment, I'll respond -

It's easy to misunderstand people in this sort of format. I wasn't accusing them of doing that; I was merely speculating that they might have done that. Fair enough?

Is there some reason you insist on being so obnoxious to someone who is essentially a complete stranger? Again, I'm missing something here.

Against my better judgment, I'll respond -

It's easy to misunderstand people in this sort of format. I wasn't accusing them of doing that; I was merely speculating that they might have done that. Fair enough?

Is there some reason you insist on being so obnoxious to someone who is essentially a complete stranger? Again, I'm missing something here.

If making fun of your name is obnoxious I guess I don't know what the word means. It appears that you've been the obnoxious one in this thread. And isn't speculating that they may be doing that the same as accusing them. Now I ask again. Why would they do that DON?

Here ya go.....

http://www.timewarnercable.com/northeast/support/navigator/faqs.html

I'd give you explicit directions, but one of my son's friends is playing video games right now. When you select your resolution(s) pick 1080 and 720....and for the picture size you want to select Stretch.

P.S. If your picture is grainy you may have a signal issue and if I were you I'd schedule a trouble call. There's no charge for that.

P.P.S. I'm assuming the Buffalo Division has the new Navigator.

P.P.P.S. I have the 8300HDC DVR and I have no issues with it.

Hope this helps.

If making fun of your name is obnoxious I guess I don't know what the word means. It appears that you've been the obnoxious one in this thread. And isn't speculating that they may be doing that the same as accusing them. Now I ask again. Why would they do that DON?

OK now we're getting somewhere. Another poster referred to me as "Dan". I asked him not to do that, and he insisted on continuing to call me Dan. I consider that rude. Maybe that's just me.

If by your impression I've been obnoxious in this thread then I apologize. I can tell you categorically that it wasn't intentional. That's just not the way I like to behave; if I was acting like that it was not on purpose.

As far as "why", I think we're taking this thread in the wrong direction. I started this thread due to my frustration at my cable not working to my liking, and the lack of support I was receiving from Time Warner. Apparently people got the wrong impression. I don't own any tin foil hats. Sorry if that disappoints anyone here.