Matthews a Reminder of what could have been

LABills08

Not always a huge Sullivan fan. But, in his defense, he has been right way more times than I ever have when it comes to predictions on the Bills.

I urge you all to read this column. The key phrase to me was how the 2009 draft was the jackpot for outside linebackers. We had the first pick and whiffed big time (this comes from a long supporter of Maybin who finally admits that the guy is never going to be the dominant player we had hoped he'd be).

Link

Thanks for the read. Sully always seems to echo what I'm feeling, and this article is no exception.

Yep. His negativity can often rub me the wrong way, but, as is the case with many Bills fans. Often my positivity isn't all that warranted. He is also one of the few guys to turn up the heat on Ralph Wilson. Who in my opinion is the one who deserves to be hung out to dry over this mess he has had fans pay for over the course of 10-12 years.

Not always a huge Sullivan fan. But, in his defense, he has been right way more times than I ever have when it comes to predictions on the Bills.

I urge you all to read this column. The key phrase to me was how the 2009 draft was the jackpot for outside linebackers. We had the first pick and whiffed big time (this comes from a long supporter of Maybin who finally admits that the guy is never going to be the dominant player we had hoped he'd be).

Link

Never was a Maybin fan, he was not even an option for us let alone a 235 end in 4 - 3 and he still stinks as 3 - 4 backer. Robert Ayers was my pick and he is starting for Denver BTW, my next pick was Matthews, nuff said.

"I don't know that I have the answers right now," Gailey said. "It's probably taking longer than I hoped that it would. But we're going to find the answers and make whatever adjustments need to be made. That's my job -- to get it fixed."

Evidently, Gailey didn't grasp the scope of the problem. There's only so much a coach can do. The organization has a multitude of woes, and most of them get back to dubious personnel decisions. James Hardy wasn't his mistake. John McCargo was an inheritance. So were Lynch and Edwards and, of course, Maybin.

Gailey knows what the problem is he just can't say it to the public. When we draft a good QB next year he will do what he has always done and that's good offense. It is pretty sad that that Gailey has worked with some pretty low level QBs and done well and Trent still is captain checkdown. Chan may still do some magic this year but it won't be with Trent. I try to give guys time to develop but Trent has been the same and the only good he will do for us is get us the top choice, so keep up the good work trent.