Jerry Jabber

Here's my short list of players that I would keep:

Wood

Levitre

F. Jackson

Lynch

Spiller

Stupar (as a backup)

S. Nelson (only because we don't know how he looks this year)

D. Nelson (only for red zone potential)

Everyone else can be cut or traded.

Hangartner was tossed like a rag doll by Matthews for his 1st sack

Evans could not get open, you don't pay a WR 9+ mil for someone that can't get open and make plays. The Bills should trade him and get someone like Vincent Jackson that can get open and has the ability to shed double coverage. Evans can't do that.

S. Johnson & Parrish had 2 costly mistakes.

Keep Bell as a backup, but get rid of Green.

Hate to say it, but Vick is the type of QB we need with this bad O-line. Vick is looking good so far in Philly.

It sucks to be thinking about the offseason already, but the whole draft needs to be focused on the offense.

Here's my short list of players that I would keep:

Wood

Levitre

F. Jackson

Lynch

Spiller

Stupar (as a backup)

S. Nelson (only because we don't know how he looks this year)

D. Nelson (only for red zone potential)

Everyone else can be cut or traded.

Hangartner was tossed like a rag doll by Matthews for his 1st sack

Evans could not get open, you don't pay a WR 9+ mil for someone that can't get open and make plays. The Bills should trade him and get someone like Vincent Jackson that can get open and has the ability to shed double coverage. Evans can't do that.

S. Johnson & Parrish had 2 costly mistakes.

Keep Bell as a backup, but get rid of Green.

Hate to say it, but Vick is the type of QB we need with this bad O-line. Vick is looking good so far in Philly.

It sucks to be thinking about the offseason already, but the whole draft needs to be focused on the offense.

I think you're right on these dudes:

Wood

Levitre

F. Jackson

Lynch

Spiller

Stupar (as a backup)

Shawn Nelson

D. Nelson

- I'd keep Evans. He might not be a #1 but you don't cut the best you've got without replacing him, and I don't think they need more holes. If pressed draft / groom / sign in FA a new #1. I think he gets open more than you believe, and that Edwards refuses to find him or drop it where no one else can get it (we see good QBs do this with their apparently "covered" WRs all the time).

- Bell could still be OK. I am not a believer but he is at least above replacement level as a backup

- Parrish's window is closing but he is one of the few guys who has playmaker potential. I tend to agree that this doesn't ameliorate his bonehead errors.

- Steve Johnson is probably not a #2 wideout but it's worth letting it play out over the year and giving him a lot of competition next camp. Errors from a guy starting his second game ever are to be expected. I view him differently than I do Parrish for that reason, and I also think all the WRs are sick of being hung out to dry by Trent in these short patterns over the middle that everyone and their grandmother knows are #5's preference.

- Green must go. And I'm being polite here.

- Hangartner is above average as a backup center. I still think we need premier talent here to succeed in Buffalo, but wouldn't upgrade this position first.

- don't know about the FB position.

- Donald Jones is probably OK on ST for now and won't be pressed into duty for more, so no need to cut.

- you probably have to look at dealing one of the backs since there are so many needs. It's kind of a joke though since they are really the only productive skill players on this team.

Cures at QB and RT, and health and positive growth in the current group's LG, RG and LT would solve a lot of ills. Shawn Nelson emerging as a viable receiving threat would help, too. A lot remains to be seen there. I think they'd all look a lot better with an Aaron Rodgers (who reminded me of Jimbo more than once today) than with a Trent Edwards.

I think you're right on these dudes:

Wood

Levitre

F. Jackson

Lynch

Spiller

Stupar (as a backup)

Shawn Nelson

D. Nelson

- I'd keep Evans. He might not be a #1 but you don't cut the best you've got without replacing him, and I don't think they need more holes. If pressed draft / groom / sign in FA a new #1. I think he gets open more than you believe, and that Edwards refuses to find him or drop it where no one else can get it (we see good QBs do this with their apparently "covered" WRs all the time).

- Bell could still be OK. I am not a believer but he is at least above replacement level as a backup

- Parrish's window is closing but he is one of the few guys who has playmaker potential. I tend to agree that this doesn't ameliorate his bonehead errors.

- Steve Johnson is probably not a #2 wideout but it's worth letting it play out over the year and giving him a lot of competition next camp. Errors from a guy starting his second game ever are to be expected. I view him differently than I do Parrish for that reason, and I also think all the WRs are sick of being hung out to dry by Trent in these short patterns over the middle that everyone and their grandmother knows are #5's preference.

- Green must go. And I'm being polite here.

- Hangartner is above average as a backup center. I still think we need premier talent here to succeed in Buffalo, but wouldn't upgrade this position first.

- don't know about the FB position.

- Donald Jones is probably OK on ST for now and won't be pressed into duty for more, so no need to cut.

- you probably have to look at dealing one of the backs since there are so many needs. It's kind of a joke though since they are really the only productive skill players on this team.

Cures at QB and RT, and health and positive growth in the current group's LG, RG and LT would solve a lot of ills. Shawn Nelson emerging as a viable receiving threat would help, too. A lot remains to be seen there. I think they'd all look a lot better with an Aaron Rodgers (who reminded me of Jimbo more than once today) than with a Trent Edwards.

If the Bills could get a pair of 2nd rounders for Evans (like the Broncos did from Miami), then the Bills should go for it. The WR's aren't getting open and you don't pay a WR $9+ mil a year if he can't constantly get open. You give $9+ mil to an Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson...guys that have the physical ability to shed the double coverage.

There's no question, Edwards is not a franchise QB. I wouldn't mind keeping him as a backup, but that's about it.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Wood

Levitre

Parrish - very explosive in right situations as wr/pr

Jackson - blue collar rb with great all around abilities

Lee - put the guy on a team with a successful offense and he's pro bowl material

Spiller - kid has a lot of potential

ummm...struggling now. Possibly Shawn Nelson? haven't really gotten a good look at him yet but seems promising so far.

If the Bills could get a pair of 2nd rounders for Evans (like the Broncos did from Miami), then the Bills should go for it. The WR's aren't getting open and you don't pay a WR $9+ mil a year if he can't constantly get open. You give $9+ mil to an Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson...guys that have the physical ability to shed the double coverage.

There's no question, Edwards is not a franchise QB. I wouldn't mind keeping him as a backup, but that's about it.

You might be right on Evans, but I just am not certain given the fact that other QBs have been able to get him the ball, where "for whatever reason" Trent can't (to use a Trentism). No matter what market you're in, selling low is a big mistake unless you think there's zero chance of recovering that value. I don't think anyone is going to give us two #2s for Evans, and I think he's worth at least a two and a three.

Because we need so many O-Linemen (basically all positions including Tight End) if we're ever going to start the long climb out of the cellar, the only guy I'd keep from our offense would be Spiller. Which ever of them can't be traded I'd just waive and start over.

I'd keep Spiller,Lynch, and Evans. Thats it.

Evans is useless with the QBs we have and would fetch the absolute MOST in a trade, compared to everybody else on our offense. Followed directly by Lynch. They both would need to go if we really wanted the team to get better fast, as backwards as that might sound to you.