Nothing changes till Ralph is gone

DarthICE

I posted a very detailed post on this once but the facts are there for anyone that wants to go see them for themselfs. This team has sucked from the very begining with Ralph as owner and still suckes today. Outside of the Polian Era this team has sucked. Sucked before, has sucked since Polian had the reigns.

Ralph has always thought personnel and coaching guys are a dime a dozen, uh no. The 100% correct Reality is this team will suck until Ralph dies. I say dies because the man refuses to sell while alive, his Ego won't let him. Now some hysterical fans will say some things like 'This is only a sport how can you wish such things'. Well I will address that in a moment (*). Others will say 'but a knew owner doesn't guarantee anything'. Well sure it does, it guantees they won't do much worse. 'But the team will move without Ralph'. No it won't. Too many want to keep it here. Also with this economy, name another fanbase that sells out as much as the Bills fans do? The NFL and a new owner will NOT let go of guaranteed money like the Bills fanbase generates. Now will they increase ticket prices some, yes they will have to in order to be competitive. But you know what? Hire a known good GM, a Known Good HC, draft well, overpay for a couple stud FA's and you can charge a ton more with this dedicated fanbase.

(*) now for my earlier statement, I am a Bills fan, not a Ralph Wilson Fan. Met him a few times, don't like him. I HATE how he screws over the good fans of the Buffalo Bills. Some people will say 'Ralph wilson is the bills' BULL ****! NO OWNER is the org. the FANS are the team! Always have been, always will be.

The first time I got to actually come to Buffalo was with my wife on our annaversery in 1993. Jerry Crafts was playing for the Bills and I spent a couple nights up in the VIP room in Jim Kellys Club. I hung with guys like crafts, Ollie Barnett, Thurman etal at Big Tree that weekend and was in the Locker room for family day on Saturday. But the thing that has always stuck with me more than anything were the fans. As you know I am a Huge OU fan so I go to alot of games, Buffalo is just like a college town. My wife and I like to stay in Hamburg because of how close it was to the stadium and how easy it was to get into Buffalo from there. Every where I looked there was a Bills jersey, sweatshirt, something. Everywhere I ate all I heard was Bills Bills Bills. Tailgaiting, it was like ' Hey guys want a dog'? 'Want a Beer or a Burger, come join us'.

When we got to our seats we had a couple of tickets that used to belong to season ticket holders so the guys near us were like 'who are you'? When we told them we drove 16 hours one way from Tulsa they went nuts! We didn't pay for a drink, food, beer nothing the rest of the Game lol :-)

My point is this, YES there isn't much to do in Buffalo, Sure the economy isn't great, but in all my travels across America, in Canada etal I can say in all honesty I have NEVER met a better group of people than Buffalonians and WNY. THEY deserve much much better from the ownership of this team that THEY love, that THEY support. To them it is NOT JUST FOOTBALL! This isn't 'just a friggin team'. It is part of their heratige, it is part of their LIVES! And all Bills fans, but esp those right there deserve much better.

So yes I say, the sooner he is gone, the better.

I posted a very detailed post on this once but the facts are there for anyone that wants to go see them for themselfs. This team has sucked from the very begining with Ralph as owner and still suckes today. Outside of the Polian Era this team has sucked. Sucked before, has sucked since Polian had the reigns.

Ralph has always thought personnel and coaching guys are a dime a dozen, uh no. The 100% correct Reality is this team will suck until Ralph dies. I say dies because the man refuses to sell while alive, his Ego won't let him. Now some hysterical fans will say some things like 'This is only a sport how can you wish such things'. Well I will address that in a moment (*). Others will say 'but a knew owner doesn't guarantee anything'. Well sure it does, it guantees they won't do much worse. 'But the team will move without Ralph'. No it won't. Too many want to keep it here. Also with this economy, name another fanbase that sells out as much as the Bills fans do? The NFL and a new owner will NOT let go of guaranteed money like the Bills fanbase generates. Now will they increase ticket prices some, yes they will have to in order to be competitive. But you know what? Hire a known good GM, a Known Good HC, draft well, overpay for a couple stud FA's and you can charge a ton more with this dedicated fanbase.

(*) now for my earlier statement, I am a Bills fan, not a Ralph Wilson Fan. Met him a few times, don't like him. I HATE how he screws over the good fans of the Buffalo Bills. Some people will say 'Ralph wilson is the bills' BULL ****! NO OWNER is the org. the FANS are the team! Always have been, always will be.

The first time I got to actually come to Buffalo was with my wife on our annaversery in 1993. Jerry Crafts was playing for the Bills and I spent a couple nights up in the VIP room in Jim Kellys Club. I hung with guys like crafts, Ollie Barnett, Thurman etal at Big Tree that weekend and was in the Locker room for family day on Saturday. But the thing that has always stuck with me more than anything were the fans. As you know I am a Huge OU fan so I go to alot of games, Buffalo is just like a college town. My wife and I like to stay in Hamburg because of how close it was to the stadium and how easy it was to get into Buffalo from there. Every where I looked there was a Bills jersey, sweatshirt, something. Everywhere I ate all I heard was Bills Bills Bills. Tailgaiting, it was like ' Hey guys want a dog'? 'Want a Beer or a Burger, come join us'.

When we got to our seats we had a couple of tickets that used to belong to season ticket holders so the guys near us were like 'who are you'? When we told them we drove 16 hours one way from Tulsa they went nuts! We didn't pay for a drink, food, beer nothing the rest of the Game lol :-)

My point is this, YES there isn't much to do in Buffalo, Sure the economy isn't great, but in all my travels across America, in Canada etal I can say in all honesty I have NEVER met a better group of people than Buffalonians and WNY. THEY deserve much much better from the ownership of this team that THEY love, that THEY support. To them it is NOT JUST FOOTBALL! This isn't 'just a friggin team'. It is part of their heratige, it is part of their LIVES! And all Bills fans, but esp those right there deserve much better.

So yes I say, the sooner he is gone, the better.

Sorry for the Mis spells, I am pretty fired up right now :-)

God Bless

Thanks for the props. WNYers are a good bunch. While I don't miss the politics (having moved away over a decade ago for work), I do miss the people (though I get back a couple of times a year since most of my family is still there). I have the misfortune of living a little too close to eastern Massachusetts and we all know what those folks can be like...

People love to kill the messenger on this one, but everything goes back to Ralph Wilson. For those of us who aren't 30+, the Bills have been nothing but a disappointment for the past 10 years. I'm 22 years old and haven't missed a game since Bledsoe's first season. Sadly, those first 3 seasons are the best memories I have regarding the Bills.

People seem to forget that not everyone was there to witness the 4 straight Super Bowls. The same people wonder why the young people who post here are so pessimistic, well to be honest, that's all my generation knows with this team. Some posters have their memories of Kelly and Thurman tearing it up, my generation has the Cleveland and Dallas game on Monday Night, the Patriots game on Sunday Night, and the end of the season Pittsburgh game in 2004. I have seen the Bills beat the Patriots once over the past 8 years.

During my lifetime, Ralph Wilson has shown no interest in running a successful organization, and until he does I will have no respect for the man. I do have to give him credit though, the man has been selling the fans a bag of sh*#t for the past 10 years, and people are buying it up like it's gold. That's all I have for now....I don't want to upset those who think I owe Ralph my first born child for keeping the team in Buffalo all these years.

Agreed. The history of this team under this owner is one of a loser. Sadly, as a region, we're bunched in with that and it hurts our chances of keeping the team. Winning solves everything and puts people in the seats, no matter what the tickets cost (look at the Sabres, they win in the regular season and charge more than the Bills for a meaningliness game in December). Win and you reap the financial rewards.

I've said it before on the board, RW is a stingy, profit first owner whose business model is built on the idea that it's out responsibility to support his team, thorugh ticket sales and taxpayer subsidies, and that he's entitled to profit regardless of this sh!tty product. So I'll say it again, let's move to the end game here so we know what the fuiture it. The present sucks with this drooling, senile owner so let's find out what the future holds. Someone call this hand in and lets move on.

However, I'll bet my own house this team is gone and that fact can be blamed on Wilson as well. The economics of buying a team for $800M and making money on the deal predicate it be moved. If he'd dedicated himself to winning foras, profit would follow. But he's always focused on profit first and hoped winning followed. So long as he made money every yera, he's been happy. The result support it. Without looking, I'd be this team has a losing record as a franchise, which is a direct reflection on ownership.

People love to kill the messenger on this one, but everything goes back to Ralph Wilson. For those of us who aren't 30+, the Bills have been nothing but a disappointment for the past 10 years. I'm 22 years old and haven't missed a game since Bledsoe's first season. Sadly, those first 3 seasons are the best memories I have regarding the Bills.

People seem to forget that not everyone was there to witness the 4 straight Super Bowls. The same people wonder why the young people who post here are so pessimistic, well to be honest, that's all my generation knows with this team. Some posters have their memories of Kelly and Thurman tearing it up, my generation has the Cleveland and Dallas game on Monday Night, the Patriots game on Sunday Night, and the end of the season Pittsburgh game in 2004. I have seen the Bills beat the Patriots once over the past 8 years.

During my lifetime, Ralph Wilson has shown no interest in running a successful organization, and until he does I will have no respect for the man. I do have to give him credit though, the man has been selling the fans a bag of sh*#t for the past 10 years, and people are buying it up like it's gold. That's all I have for now....I don't want to upset those who think I owe Ralph my first born child for keeping the team in Buffalo all these years.

Same here. The Bills are killing their younger fan base.

These 10 years of futility (2001-2010) are nothing compared to the 20 years (1967-1986) that some of the older Bills fans had to endure. The one common denominator in this has been Ralph Wilson, perhaps the worst owner in American pro sports history if it weren't for Lou Saban and Bill Polian. His ultimate legacy won't be that of a cheap and incompetent owner, however; it will be his refusal to secure the future of the Bills in Buffalo.

These 10 years of futility (2001-2010) are nothing compared to the 20 years (1967-1986) that some of the older Bills fans had to endure. The one common denominator in this has been Ralph Wilson, perhaps the worst owner in American pro sports history if it weren't for Lou Saban and Bill Polian. His ultimate legacy won't be that of a cheap and incompetent owner, however; it will be his refusal to secure the future of the Bills in Buffalo.

It will be all of the above. I think the NFL steps in and has something to say about moving.

While it pains me to say it, the death of Ralph Wilson is the only relevent point. Mr. Wilson has made it the point, with the fact that he has clearly stated that he will not sell the team while he is alive. That the only way the fans will see new ownership and a new team direction will be his passing. I do not wish, nor would I ever wish for his passing on a personal level, but HE has made it part of the teams business plan, and unfortunatly this team, our teams' business plan for the future is totally centered around its owners passing. I have said it before Mr. Wilson, sell the team, sell it to people committed to keeping it in WNY and committed to building a competitve team and you will be loved for eternity or as I have also said,and I fear more likely, I think Mr. Wilson wants to go down in history as the ONLY owner of the BUFFALO Bills.

It will be all of the above. I think the NFL steps in and has something to say about moving.

Because they did for Cleveland and Baltimore right???? Only time they did Al DAvis sued and won. The NFL would like nothing more than the Bills in LA, Oklahoma City, Toronto, or another city that isn't dead or dying...

When RW is gone so are the Bills...

Can you and the fans that believe that put up some actual fact to support your hysteria? Here are some FACTS saying different. First, it will take a place for them to move. LA is NOT viable no matter how much the NFL wants it. They have never supported a team and right now there is no where else. Next a new owner will need 3 years to get a move going in this day and time. Next the NFL and the owners must OK it. No way in hell they do that. This fanbase will pay more in ticket prices to support the team. This fanbase in this horrible economy is one of the best when it comes to consistantly filling seats, something most other teams can't do as well (The SD game is blacked out in their area today BTW).

With a new owner he will have to sit here for at least 3-5 years and prove to the league the team isnt viable before he is allowed to move it and then must have a place to move them to. BTW wasn't the Bills something like 8th in Net profit last year or something like it? This team isn't moving.

win-win. I'd rather have NO football than this football.

Agreed. If no wins by the bye week I am switching to watching college exclusivley. There are about three NFL games worth watching this week. There were twenty in college and it was a bad week for college match-ups. I would take Boise St./Oregon St. over all but a handful of NFL games next week.

I would give my left but to beat NE and Brady next week though. I just can't quit you Buffalo...

You mean like when the NFL stepped in and prevented the Browns from leaving Cleveland? Come on, Ice, you know better. The only things keeping the Bills from moving after Ralph's death are Ralph and the economy. If there is an ownership group willing to pay for a new stadium in LA or Toronto, the Buffalo Bills are gone.

Can you and the fans that believe that put up some actual fact to support your hysteria? Here are some FACTS saying different. First, it will take a place for them to move. LA is NOT viable no matter how much the NFL wants it. They have never supported a team and right now there is no where else. Next a new owner will need 3 years to get a move going in this day and time. Next the NFL and the owners must OK it. No way in hell they do that. This fanbase will pay more in ticket prices to support the team. This fanbase in this horrible economy is one of the best when it comes to consistantly filling seats, something most other teams can't do as well (The SD game is blacked out in their area today BTW).

With a new owner he will have to sit here for at least 3-5 years and prove to the league the team isnt viable before he is allowed to move it and then must have a place to move them to. BTW wasn't the Bills something like 8th in Net profit last year or something like it? This team isn't moving.

They allowed Cleveland to move and their fan base is just as good as the Bills. Keep living in your fantasy world that the fans mean anything to the NFL. All we are is a check card to them. Find anohter city with the ability to buy more PSL's and luxury boxes and the team is gone. It will suck but it is hopeless....

They allowed Cleveland to move and their fan base is just as good as the Bills. Keep living in your fantasy world that the fans mean anything to the NFL. All we are is a check card to them. Find anohter city with the ability to buy more PSL's and luxury boxes and the team is gone. It will suck but it is hopeless....

and the hysteria you and many fans like you have is why the Bills suck. Ralph knows he has you BS'ed into beliving that. The Bills are one of the most profitable teams in the NFL, the NFL from a MONEY standpoint is NOT going to lose that guanteed money esp when a new owner can charge more ticket wise and the fanbase will pay it = more money for the NFL.

You mean like when the NFL stepped in and prevented the Browns from leaving Cleveland? Come on, Ice, you know better. The only things keeping the Bills from moving after Ralph's death are Ralph and the economy. If there is an ownership group willing to pay for a new stadium in LA or Toronto, the Buffalo Bills are gone.

Not happening.

but...but..he's in the HOF!

Without looking, I'd bet this team has a losing record as a franchise, which is a direct reflection on ownership.

Good bet. In fact, the Bills in 50 seasons have lost 38 more games than they won. And now they are off to a good start on what will be their 30th season without a winning record. How's that for ineptitude? So, your point is well taken. Wilson lucked out in the early 1960s and during the 1990s when he accidentally hired quality leadership without paying top dollar. Of course, he dumped those guys. The rest of those five decades were a comedy of errors. We're not laughing, but he is... all the way to the bank. :devil: