Yes,we all know Norwood could have won a SB.

Bills up 13-6 to start the half. Thomas fumbles and James Washington of Dallas runs it in to tie the game. Huge momentum shift. I have always wondered how that game would have gone without that drop.

We'd have driven down and scored a backbreaking TD. THAT was our game right there to win, not SB XXV. I firmly believe that if Thurman hadn't fumbled, the Bills would have scored and had the confidence to literally go off like never before. Demons would have been exercised all over the field that evening. However, because Thurman fumbled, I have totally blocked that game out of my memory bank because its waaaaaay more painful than wide right, since everyone and their mother knew it was all over regardless of the outcome.

Edited by Corp000085

The fumble wasn't the worst part -- fumbles happen and it only tied the game. Thurman's reaction to it -- he essentially gave up -- sealed the Bills' fate, however. I'll always love what TT brought to the Bills, but in that moment I'd have liked to see him step up rather than "turtle" on the sidelines feeling sorry for himself.

The fumble wasn't the worst part -- fumbles happen and it only tied the game. Thurman's reaction to it -- he essentially gave up -- sealed the Bills' fate, however. I'll always love what TT brought to the Bills, but in that moment I'd have liked to see him step up rather than "turtle" on the sidelines feeling sorry for himself.

Exactly. And that's why I can't figure out why people knock Andre Reed for getting pissed off and spiking his helmet against the Redskins and use that against him come HoF voting time, yet nobody really talks about Thurman in the Superbowl.

Exactly. And that's why I can't figure out why people knock Andre Reed for getting pissed off and spiking his helmet against the Redskins and use that against him come HoF voting time, yet nobody really talks about Thurman in the Superbowl.

That year less than 50% of the field goal attempts of 47 yards or greater were converted for 3 points. The play (lack of)of the game was Ingrams reception and yards after catch producing a first down on a touchdown drive. The fact that he was touched by 6 Bills before being brought down is what lost Super Bowl 25

Edited by Chas

Can't we just be miserable over today's game and today's team? Do we really have to re-live why were miserable 15+ years ago?

Because 15 years ago we where not worrying over next year's draft picks at game two. We just won games, today. Not next year. I know we never closed the deal at the SB , but it beat the crap out of this "well, in 2 years , with any luck, we will develop to 8-8, and maybe score a wildcard." BS.

Bills up 13-6 to start the half. Thomas fumbles and James Washington of Dallas runs it in to tie the game. Huge momentum shift. I have always wondered how that game would have gone without that drop.

Just a note, if you have the game tape of that SB and you slo-mo the TT fumble you will notice that just prior to fumbling TT was face-masked and nearly had his helmet turned 90-degrees as the ball comes out. Yeah its trenches football and sour grapes when the ref misses it.... but its something not often mentioned.

After the Odomes interception, before halftime, the Bills drove deep into Cowboys territory and were unable to convert for a TD. One of the goalline plays was a ridiculous shovel pass from Kelly to Thomas. We had to punch the ball in for a TD to really have the momentum, and instead settled for a FG. I think it's a different ball game if they got a TD there.

Just a note, if you have the game tape of that SB and you slo-mo the TT fumble you will notice that just prior to fumbling TT was face-masked and nearly had his helmet turned 90-degrees as the ball comes out. Yeah its trenches football and sour grapes when the ref misses it.... but its something not often mentioned.

I dunno about 90 degrees, but he was clearly face masked.go to 4:48

God I hate Dallas.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

I didn't care about the fumble; fumbles happen.

But I will never, ever forgive the guy for bailing on his brothers when things got tough.

I agree with you there. After he gave up, he was taken out for a shocking "hip pointer", which didn't seem to show again for the rest of the game. He gave up and was not man enough to go out and fix his mistake. Norwood was a great kicker, he won many games and took the heat for losing XXV, even though Reich admitted he had the laces facing the wrong way.