San Diego sellout streak....a joke

jabtot

People need to get the story straight regarding the alledged "sellout streak" of home

games for the San Diego Chargers. Up until just recently, whenever a Chargers home game

fell short of a sellout by the 72 hr period, the local gov't would by law purchase the

remaining tickets to make it a sellout. This was a law thru the team's lease to insure

that if the seats were not full, The Chargers would "financially" have a full house.

This happened for quite a long time. I don't know how this "law" was removed from the

lease, and the books. I understand that the good people of SD were not too happy about

having football tickets added to their tax bill. I just don't want to hear about sellout streaks

in San Diego. Up here in Buffalo, we sit through all sorts of garbage weather,a pretty crappy product,

and our fans still faithfully fill the building.

Until the last 2 home games of a losing season...

We fan's aren't quite as perfect as a lot of us think we are.

Some would even argue that by supporting our ****ty team so much, we are actually handicapping ourselves every year by not forcing change.

You must listen to Colin Cowherd.......The only change we'd be forcing is the team moving out of town.

A few games this season here will be lucky to get 40,000. I do remember a few years when there were 20,000 or less at some games and the Bills have had quite a few games blacked out throughout the years although not too many recently. Three examples that I recall: Comeback game vs Houston, Jacksonville playoff game, 1998 home opener. Think it was against Minnesota. Back in the mid to late 70's and through the 80's, almost every game was blacked out. I have a DVD of a 1977 game vs. Atlanta. It was raining but it was only October 16th so it wasn't cold or anything. Bills won 3-0. Attendance was announced at less than 20,000. There may have been 10,000 people there. Shocking that so few people were there. I also remember a Thursday night game, think it was 1980, against Ron Jaworski and the Eagles. Blacked out but the one cable channel (out of the three or four there were at the time) showed the first half illegally. Miami opener in 1980 was blacked out too. So, yeah, Bills are lucky to have had such strong attendance recently, was not always like that.

A few games this season here will be lucky to get 40,000. I do remember a few years when there were 20,000 or less at some games and the Bills have had quite a few games blacked out throughout the years although not too many recently. Three examples that I recall: Comeback game vs Houston, Jacksonville playoff game, 1998 home opener. Think it was against Minnesota. Back in the mid to late 70's and through the 80's, almost every game was blacked out. I have a DVD of a 1977 game vs. Atlanta. It was raining but it was only October 16th so it wasn't cold or anything. Bills won 3-0. Attendance was announced at less than 20,000. There may have been 10,000 people there. Shocking that so few people were there. I also remember a Thursday night game, think it was 1980, against Ron Jaworski and the Eagles. Blacked out but the one cable channel (out of the three or four there were at the time) showed the first half illegally. Miami opener in 1980 was blacked out too. So, yeah, Bills are lucky to have had such strong attendance recently, was not always like that.

That Eagles game was the first time I got hammered at a game. My roommate ended up in jail with a broken arm and I had a black eye somehow. I didn't know the game was blacked out. I thought we were!

Winless into the bye week is extremely likely. I dont see us beating the Ravens on two weeks rest either. that makes us 0-6 or 7. Long Long season.

It won't be nearly that bad. No way we go 0-7. With defense and special teams alone we will stay in some games. Plus the RBs will start to break some longer runs. With a new coaching staff and the team still pulling everything together, this team should improve week to week for a while.

the only way this team sticks around here after ralph goes to the big fieldhouse in the sky is to keep filling the stadium. so if you want football here five years from now buy tix no matter what

im not even sure that will do it, cuz once ralph passes all bets are off. we dont have the advantage of corporations lining up to keep filling the high priced boxes so we must continue to provide the psychological edge of filling up the stadium that the nfl wants to have any chance to keep the team

idc what jimbo says, its no lock that his group gets the team. but one thing for sure, the less the stadium is filling up the more likely the team moves. so if you think youre gonna punish the bills for providing a poor product you will be punishing yourself with no product