Trent Thinks it is Funny

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Trent-Edwards-Postgame-Press-Conference/9c0005a4-a8ad-4bca-9d5c-99871a5da52c

About 2:30 in, wipe that stupid grin of your face you liar. And stop fixing your hair.

I wonder what the reporters were doing to make him laugh? Someone needs to tell him they are not encouraging him to laugh with him, they are laughing at him.

That's the guy you want as the face of your franchise? My god, what a disgrace. "We're excited!" "I'm not sure that we got C.J. going well enough."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I've watched Trent Edwards very closely during his time in Buffalo. You can see it in his eyes, you can read it in his body language. You can see it before the games on the sidelines just WATCHING him. Trent Edwards doesn't give a damn about winning or losing. He is a flat-lined, this-is-my-job kind of person who cares about himself first, last, and always. There is absolutely no putting the team first with this guy. Just look at how he'll turtle up at the end of games and won't even TRY to throw the ball down field knowing that is the only chance (slim, granted) of victory. He just wants to preserve himself, his stats, and his image.

How many more chances do we have to give this guy before he is finally out of his "one more chance"?

And don't give me this "the offensive line stinks" bullcrap. There are plenty of quarterbacks who play behind bad offensive lines and don't look HUMILIATINGLY awful. Heck, Jay Cutler has maybe a worse o-line in Chicago, but at least he throws the ball down the field.

You realize that Trent Edwards has never had a single 300-yard passing performance, right? It's a joke. Give me a guy who will at least TRY, over this same tired-ass scared checkdown turtle humiliating baby bull ****. It's a man's game. Give me someone who isn't afraid to fail, and maybe, just maybe we'll get this franchise out of the gutter.

Edited by akm0404

seems like a fair PC to me. the trent haters need to give it a rest

You mean there are actually Bills fans out there that are still willing to stomach Trent Edwards' obviously inadequate performances?! "Trent haters" implies that there must be "Trent lovers" - I find this notion difficult to imagine.

You realize that Trent Edwards has never had a single 300-yard passing performance, right? It's a joke. Give me a guy who will at least TRY, over this same tired-ass scared checkdown turtle humiliating baby bull ****. It's a man's game. Give me someone who isn't afraid to fail, and maybe, just maybe we'll get this franchise out of the gutter.

We had one, his name was JP Losman, he got ran out of town.

The "Trent Doesn't Care" idea is just rediculous. This guy is going into a contract year, where if he plays well enough, he can find himself making MILLIONS of dollars! He's currently making practically league miniumum and has the opportunity to increase his income by +500%! I'm sure he cares very much about his performance on the field since it ties directly with his future contracts as an NFL player. Give it a rest and get a clue.

That's the guy you want as the face of your franchise? My god, what a disgrace. "We're excited!" "I'm not sure that we got C.J. going well enough."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I've watched Trent Edwards very closely during his time in Buffalo. You can see it in his eyes, you can read it in his body language. You can see it before the games on the sidelines just WATCHING him. Trent Edwards doesn't give a damn about winning or losing. He is a flat-lined, this-is-my-job kind of person who cares about himself first, last, and always. There is absolutely no putting the team first with this guy. Just look at how he'll turtle up at the end of games and won't even TRY to throw the ball down field knowing that is the only chance (slim, granted) of victory. He just wants to preserve himself, his stats, and his image.

How many more chances do we have to give this guy before he is finally out of his "one more chance"?

And don't give me this "the offensive line stinks" bullcrap. There are plenty of quarterbacks who play behind bad offensive lines and don't look HUMILIATINGLY awful. Heck, Jay Cutler has maybe a worse o-line in Chicago, but at least he throws the ball down the field.

Have many times have you SPOKEN to Trent Edwards?

I don't know who has a worse haircut, Trent Edwards or Tom Brady. They're both going for the hippie-grung look. Trent's sideburns give him the nod IMO. He's trying to look like Joe Namath or Luke Perry. Either way it's uncool.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

You don't need to talk to and develop a personal relationship with a professional athlete to get some sort of license to critique their apparent will to win or lack thereof. Throughout the history of sport, we've held athletes in the highest esteem when they have that intrinsic passion and drive to succeed at all costs. You look at a competitor like Peyton Manning and you can get an almost palpable feel for his tireless drive and desire to excel above all others. You can watch legends of the game like Jim Brown or Walter Payton and _FEEL_ their passion.

Saying you need to know an athlete personally to judge this is absurd.

Can you honestly say that you felt ANYTHING other than fear and self-doubt coming from Trent when he refused to even TRY to throw the ball down field as time expired on a game that he trailed in by less than a touchdown?

But sure, me and Trent aren't buds. I'm sure he's a tireless competitor with an iron will and laser-like focus, and it only LOOKS like he's a timid little lamb on Sunday.

Edited by akm0404

You don't need to talk to and develop a personal relationship with a professional athlete to get some sort of license to critique their apparent will to win or lack thereof. Throughout the history of sport, we've held athletes in the highest esteem when they have that intrinsic passion and drive to succeed at all costs. You look at a competitor like Peyton Manning and you can get an almost palpable feel for his tireless drive and desire to excel above all others. You can watch legends of the game like Jim Brown or Walter Payton and _FEEL_ their passion.

Saying you need to know an athlete personally to judge this is absurd.

Can you honestly say that you felt ANYTHING other than fear and self-doubt coming from Trent when he refused to even TRY to throw the ball down field as time expired on a game that he trailed in by less than a touchdown?

But sure, me and Trent aren't buds. I'm sure he's a tireless competitor with an iron will and laser-like focus, and it only LOOKS like he's a timid little lamb on Sunday.

You offered not just an assesment of his play, but an in-depth profile of the man, what motivates him and his personality. Without speaking a word to him in any capacity. From a TV set.

Assinine.

its not like there was a lack of effort, they just arent very good. we all knew this coming into the season so i dont know why its a surprise to some of you. why shouldnt he smile? guys the truth is we as fans care way more about our teams than the players do. of course they want to win, and care if they lose but they dont let wins and loses consume their lives like we do. their whole life isnt out on the field. its a job to them not an obssession like it is to us.

To The OP quit whining and go somewhere else. You are making a fuss about a non-issue. If you want to complain about Trent's performance, that is one thing, but you are ripping a guy who smiles when he is optimistic about the Bills future. That is what I would want anyone to do. I wouldn't want a guy bumbling and frowning while saying we have a chance.

For all you Edwards haters there, the line failed horribly in the run and pass game. Simply put, if the line can't get enough push for any of our 3 rb's to go anywhere, this team is not gonna do crap.

For all you Edwards haters there, the line failed horribly in the run and pass game. Simply put, if the line can't get enough push for any of our 3 rb's to go anywhere, this team is not gonna do crap.

How is it that other teams can be more successful than the Bills with poor offensive line play? Hint: Better quarterbacks.

I still contend that you can judge a man pretty well by observing how he handles himself under pressure. Watch the reply of Trent's face during that last possession. Tell me that you didn't see fear, uncertainty, and self-doubt in his eyes.

Have you EVER seen Peyton Manning carry himself like that? Ever see Tom Brady afraid to throw the ball? Have you ever seen a champion look so afraid of the clutch moments? Come on now. Doesn't get any more apparent, whether we're fishin' buddies or not.

Edited by akm0404

This is a stretch, at best. It's still a game. Is he supposed to be suicidal because he had a bad game??? I still want the guy to succeed, even thought it might be unlikely.

At this point ... if I was Trent Edwards ... I'd play out my contract, then after the season was over, I'd run a full page ad in the Buffalo News saying, "Thanks for the support, fans. Screw you."

Sometimes I feel like I'm on an Eagles forum lately. Serious lack of class.