Who Is This Team Gonna Beat?

ohiotim

Not gonna beat the Bears. Their defense is much better than the 'fins, they'll chew up our piss-poor tackles.

The Browns are a wild card. Remember, this is a team the Bills have lost to 3-times in a row when the Bills were supposedly better. I watched the entire Browns game, nothing makes me think we can stop their offense.

Guarantee a win in KC? Ballsy. You think Edwards is gonna outplay Cassel?

I said maybe!

I'm not an optimist, and I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Going into this season, my prediction was between 4-12 and 6-10, picking Top 5 in next year's draft.

HOWEVER.

I thought this was gonna be a win. As far as talent, I put the Bills and Dolphins about neck and neck going into the season, with Jets slightly above and Pats significantly above.

I now see that assessment was wrong.

I defy anyone to look at the remainder of this season and pick out more than four absolute, guaranteed, lock wins. And I mean the kind you're willing to put money down on.

At best, this team can beat the Lions and Chiefs, and a road game in KC is no easy task. The Bengals, who knows. That team should be putting up a ton of points.

09/19 @ Green Bay Packers

09/26 @ New England Patriots

10/03 NEW YORK JETS

10/10 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

10/24 @ Baltimore Ravens

10/31 @ Kansas City Chiefs

11/07 CHICAGO BEARS (Toronto)

11/14 DETROIT LIONS

11/21 @ Cincinnati Bengals

11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS

12/05 @ Minnesota Vikings

12/12 CLEVELAND BROWNS

12/19 @ Miami Dolphins

12/26 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

01/02 @ New York Jets

Anyone who can logically, realistically get me beyond 2-3 wins, please do so. I beg of you, please do so. I've been at this since 1983, so you better back it up.

This will set up my suicide league nicely.

We didn't build our Superbowl team by going 8-8 three years in a row. I'm willing to wear the bag over my head and watch 1-15 come our way two seasons in a row in order to see us get the players who will eventually lead us into late January, early February.

Is there a single position that this team is MORE talented at than last year? I can't name one.

Are there positions that this team is LESS talented at than last year?

-Wide Receiver: whatever you think of T.O. at this point in his career, I'll take him over the stiffs they're playing opposite Lee Evans. We have a guy playing the #2 on our team that would have a hard time making the roster on most.

-Defensive End: think anyone is gonna get the sacks that Aaron Schobel had over the last few years? Get the pressure on the QB the way he did? Alex Carrington was drafted in the third round, and he's not even active. And don't get me started on the waste that is Aaron Maybin.

-Linebacker: At least with three, there was less emphasis on how bad they are. Now that four have to be on the field, it's not a stretch to say that this is the least talented, least impactful group in the NFL. Seriously, every team in the NFL has at least one star, at least one guy who makes big plays.

-Offensive Tackles: Just awful. UFL awful. Can't start on another team awful.

-Quarterback: see Offensive Tackles.

This team has talented, productive players at running back, cornerback, safety, offensive guard. Unfortunately, that doesn't make a good team. 10 years of wasted drafts, sub-par coaching staffs and mediocre management have have left most of the cupboards bare.

Good post. Bolded part says it all. I have been following the Bills since 1962 and more often than not bad, and I mean totally inept bad front offices and coaches who were eventually fired by RW never to have a head coaching gig ever again in the NFL; have doomed this team to years of loosing seasons. I haven't a clue who was giving RW advice (if there was in fact anyone in the earlier years)but that advice led to the many years of ineptitude save for catching lightening in a bottle with the hiring of Bill Polian and Marv Levy with subsequent hires in the scouting department of John Butler and later Buddy Nix. Wilson finally got lucky and we fans had a winning team. But then Bill Polian gets fired by RW, in steps John Butler who's medicore drafting at best started started the talent exodus. Butler leaves to take over the Charger's organization and takes most of the scouting department with him. In steps Tom Donahoe as GM and president with "Mr. lists" Greg Williams as his first head coach to be followed by Mike Mularkey. Bad, bad choices. I had really hi hopes for Tom Donahoe and IM sure many people here felt the same but his ineptness at drafting continued the Bills slide. Good-bye Tom and enter Marv Levy as GM and a Marketing guy Russ Brandon running the Bills show. Marv names his fellow Ivy Leaguer Dick Jauron head coach. Jauron, Levy and Brandon run the draft and the slide continues. So for those that ask why were the Bills' draft picks so bad, just look at who was running the show. Bad decision after bad decision by Ralph Wilson in hiring a GM (or not) to right the Bill's ship along with a coach who had no business calling the draft have got us to where we are today. We have no way of knowing how Buddy Nix will pan out as the GM but the man knows football talent and as he stated "we will have to hit on every pick" at the Bills pre-draft breakfast. Nix needs a bigger home run next April.