My Monday morning Thoughts

First off, I am starting to really love this team. We finally have an identity and they are truly fun the watch. The sports bar I watch the games at in Tampa is starting to show signs of life. They are getting 30 - 40 people a game now. People are laughing, talking, high- fiving and enjoying each football Sunday. Are more people in your area starting to come out to watch the games????

In the offseason, JJ will be the first priority. I may be wrong, but Pat is older, has a business in the city and will probably work with the team to get something done for less money. I do believe a solid 3rd receiver is needed - let's be honest, Josh Reed is not the answer if we want to take this team to the next level.

The Cincinnati game on 12/19 HAD ME CONCERNED, now I see that they play New England next week and will be eliminated by the time Buffalo comes to town. ( I still need tickets Udonkey and Stuck in Cincy)

I am glad we will only be giving Dallas a mid first round draft pick for JP - a top 5 pick would have sucked.

Can someone tell me are we in poor, average or good cap shape for next year???

Also what do you think our greatest need is with this team. I am thinking a young hard hitting safety, a stud O line or a great TE - please do not comment that our TE's are decent. We need a great go to TE.

These are my thoughts on a beautiful Monday morning after a great win. Doug in Clearwater

Even with his disaster of a performance last year, I still hold out hope for Reed to be a quality third reciever. If he works out of the slot with both of our other wideouts drawing lots of attention, he should get a lot of opportunities to catch balls and rack up some serious yards after catches.

Can someone tell me are we in poor, average or good cap shape for next year???

The Bills will be in decent cap shape. Not like in year's past, but remember that the Bills can restructure some contracts to free-up money, which they haven't done the past few years.

Also what do you think our greatest need is with this team. I am thinking a young hard hitting safety, a stud O line or a great TE - please do not comment that our TE's are decent. We need a great go to TE.

The young, hard-hitting safety is Baker. As for TE, I'd LOVE to get a Gates-type, but I think we'll have to hope Euhus makes that quantum leap (from rookie to 2nd year player) that Levy always talked about. And I agree that O-line should be a priority.

Even with his disaster of a performance last year, I still hold out hope for Reed to be a quality third reciever. If he works out of the slot with both of our other wideouts drawing lots of attention, he should get a lot of opportunities to catch balls and rack up some serious yards after catches.

148066[/snapback]

I dont know. He dropped a beautiful pass yesterday, although it would have been called back due to a penalty.

I am just not sold on Josh Reed, which is a shame, because he had a great start, and just went downhill since.

As much as I love this team, I can't comment on Baker. Is he doing awesome? or is he just holding his own. I watch the games at a loud sports bar and it's kinda hard to focus on individual players. I tape some of the games, but we just had a baby, so I haven't been able to focus on certain players.

Related to the Baker comment, what does everyone think of Teague's play lately? He seems to be holding his own. Are you guys happy with Price,Tucker and L. Smith when they fill in on the line? any comments about new players or fill ins is greatly appreciated.

In my opinion, Coy Wire is only a special teams player - too many mistakes otherwise on D.