Stephen King's Dark Tower to be trilogy

Peace

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Dark-Tower-Adaptation-Can-Ron-Howard-Pull-It-Off-26868.html

When we first heard rumors that Ron Howard would be working on somehow adapting Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series the first thought was: huh? How? Immediately we began to hear mumblings of a trilogy. “Travesty!” We fans cried when faced with our beloved seven book series being condensed. But today our fears were alleviated, while our questions expanded. The wheel of ka continues to turn and we’ll have to wait for it to come back around to get all of our answers. For now let’s speculate how this adaptation could play out.

Movie-TV Season-Movie-TV Season-Movie

Excited to see this.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Dark-Tower-Adaptation-Can-Ron-Howard-Pull-It-Off-26868.html

Movie-TV Season-Movie-TV Season-Movie

Excited to see this.

I'm a pretty big Stephen King fan, and I've kept meaning to reading the Dark Tower Series, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I don't want the experience to be too punctuated, so I might just wait til next summer when I can truly dedicate time to it.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

I'm a pretty big Stephen King fan, and I've kept meaning to reading the Dark Tower Series, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I don't want the experience to be too punctuated, so I might just wait til next summer when I can truly dedicate time to it.

In the 80s, I listened to AC/DC and Judas Priest and talked about them with my friends...while I had Thriller on full rotation in the privacy of my room. On the book side, Stephen King is like that for me. And I loved the Dark Tower books.

Having read all 7 books of the series, I won't be watching this movie. Not only can a trilogy not do it justice, I don't want to see the Hollywood portayal of Roland of Gilead.

Really? I love the Dark Tower but it's not A Picture of Dorian Gray!

Having read all 7 books of the series, I won't be watching this movie. Not only can a trilogy not do it justice, I don't want to see the Hollywood portayal of Roland of Gilead.

I have read the series twice. I fear that hollywood will mess this up like they do with most things. That being said I will probably check it out and hope for the best or at least something better than the Sword of Truth tv show. That turned out terrible.

I have read the series twice. I fear that hollywood will mess this up like they do with most things. That being said I will probably check it out and hope for the best or at least something better than the Sword of Truth tv show. That turned out terrible.

What did you think of the end? I'm not sure how else it could have ended, but I felt like I got taken for a ride with lots of puzzles and questions, most of which were left unanswered. It was still a fun ride, but did you feel like he bailed on explaining a lot of the mysteries he wove?

What did you think of the end? I'm not sure how else it could have ended, but I felt like I got taken for a ride with lots of puzzles and questions, most of which were left unanswered. It was still a fun ride, but did you feel like he bailed on explaining a lot of the mysteries he wove?

I'll assume you read the afterword despite King's warning of possibly leaving the story at that point. I can't imagine anyone actually doing that. :)

In any case the end definitely left a lot up for interpretation and there were a lot of tales untold from Roland's past that might fill in a lot of the holes. Overall I was satisfied with the ending though.

Without being too specific and spoiling anything I liked the whole circular idea of the quest with Roland learning something about himself and his humanity in each journey that could assist him on the subsequent quests.

I'll assume you read the afterword despite King's warning of possibly leaving the story at that point. I can't imagine anyone actually doing that. :)

In any case the end definitely left a lot up for interpretation and there were a lot of tales untold from Roland's past that might fill in a lot of the holes. Overall I was satisfied with the ending though.

Without being too specific and spoiling anything I liked the whole circular idea of the quest with Roland learning something about himself and his humanity in each journey that could assist him on the subsequent quests.

After roughly 5000 pages to get there you bet your ass I read the afterword. I was kind of ok with the circular aspect and what he found at the tower. I would have liked some explanation as to who the MIB was and why he was following him. Also some of the other things, like what was up with 19, and things like that.

Overall though, for all the shortcomings, I'm glad I read it. Wizzard and Glass was probably the best work of fiction I've ever read.

After roughly 5000 pages to get there you bet your ass I read the afterword. I was kind of ok with the circular aspect and what he found at the tower. I would have liked some explanation as to who the MIB was and why he was following him. Also some of the other things, like what was up with 19, and things like that.

Overall though, for all the shortcomings, I'm glad I read it. Wizzard and Glass was probably the best work of fiction I've ever read.

The idea of the TV show being based on a King-blessed storyline/comic that is a Dark Tower prequel should hold some allure.