Gameplan and Prediction vs Dolphins

buffalo_bills

Whats Up TBD! I will be doing a weekly gameplan for each of our opponents for this upcoming season. As you all know, the Dolphins are coming to town, and here are my thoughts on how we should approach this game.

Offense:

Spiller, Spiller, Spiller! They havent played against him before, and he will start. Give him the ball early and often. Let him set the pace on offense, and open up the passing game.

Play Smart. No dumb penalties, and no stupid interceptions or fumbles that will shift the momentum of the game. The Ralph will be booming! Dont let our home field advantage slip away.

3rd Downs! Gotta move the chain through the air. Their secondary is very, very weak. This was a huge problem last year, and in order to sustain long drive, 3rd down is a must.

Defense:

CONTAIN the run!!!! To be truthfull, i dont expect us to completely stop the run. It is Miami's strength. Lets just keep em under 120 yards. No big 40 or 50 yard runs.

Marshall- Gotta keep an eye on him. Hes a good receiver, and maybe the only reveiving threat they got. As long as we keep him under control, Big pass plays will be hard to come by for Miami.

Blitz the hell outta Henne! He's a young QB, and it seems to be the only way we can get any pressure. If we get decent pressure, they wont get more than 170 yards through the air, i can guarantee it.

Prediction: I see us being really pumped for this one, and it'll come down to us wanting it more than Miami. Our offense will look good, and our D will be stable enough to give us the win.

Bills: 24 Dolphins: 14

Defense:

CONTAIN the run!!!! To be truthfull, i dont expect us to completely stop the run. It is Miami's strength. Lets just keep em under 120 yards. No big 40 or 50 yard runs.

Marshall- Gotta keep an eye on him. Hes a good receiver, and maybe the only reveiving threat they got. As long as we keep him under control, Big pass plays will be hard to come by for Miami.

Blitz the hell outta Henne! He's a young QB, and it seems to be the only way we can get any pressure. If we get decent pressure, they wont get more than 170 yards through the air, i can guarantee it.

Contain the run is right. Brown's in a contract year, and with Marshall spreading the field, their run game will only get better. But Marshall won't be the one you have to watch in this one -- Hartline could pick the Bills apart underneath, especially if a linebacker is forced to cover him.

All that being said, I think emotions will run high at the Ralph on Sunday, with the Bills picking up a 26-24 win.

Edited by GOBILLS78

Offense:

1. Spiller starting etc. is a smoke screen. If you look at Gailey's history so far, everything he says is misdirection. I wouldn't be surprised to see that, while Spiller does in fact start the game...we give them a heavy dose of Lynch pounding and power blocking especially if we get a lead. But who knows? Using Lynch is also obvious, so it too may be a load of BS.

2. Everybody knows the Dolphins DBs are suspect. Hell, they traded away their #2 WR, who was their best before Marshall, just to get a serviceable CB. They are weak at DB, so let's get as many of them on the field as possible. Why not force them to replace their good LBs with many, awful CBs? Yeah...I see 4 WR sets and/or RBs motioning out wide and/or RBs running routs out of the backfield. In fact, I see Parrish/Evans, not Spiller, as the offensive star of the game. Or, I see 3-4 WRs getting 50+ yards I also predict at least one bomb to Evans for a TD, maybe 2. The way we have run our spread takes away the blitz. So, if they can get to the QB in 3 seconds, good for them. If not, we kill them with crossing patterns and posts.

Defense:

1. Our defense either can't stop the run, or, we are seeing more misdirection. One thing we know for sure: the Dolphins WRs are not better than our DBs. I hope they use that fact, and blitz the hell out of Henne. I am not worried about putting McGee/Florence/McKelvin up against Marshall and 2 rookies to be named later. Put our DBs on an island and make them beat us 1 v 1. I don't think they can, and until they prove it? Unleash Whitner and Poz up the middle and crush Henne. And, look for Maybin to possibly make an impact against a new LT on 3rd and long. I know it's not a popular thing to say, but Maybin did get better each game in preseason.

2. This is one of those "offense is the best defense" things. IF the offense can exploit their weakness at DB, and get us ahead, then we take away Miami's running game. We do that, we play to our defense's strengths, and it's going to be breasts up on Sunday. :D

ST:

For the first time in a long time, we may have serious problems here. I am very concerned that ST will have a significant impact on the game. But, again, for all we know, most of what we did in preseason could be BS, like everything else has been, and mostly designed to get players on film for evaluation.

And of course, there's always the "plans of mice and men" factor, so who knows? There is a decent chance, but if we get run on for scores? Nope. :(

On offense, it'd be the perfect time to unleash a no huddle. Not every series but enough to keep the Fins off guard. I still don't know why you would announce going to the no huddle during training camp.

On defense, let's see how good our secondary is. A lot of man, giving a bit of a cushion to Marshall, and bring hte blitz a lot. Henne has proven nothing and Long won't be a 100%.

Offense:

1. Spiller starting etc. is a smoke screen. If you look at Gailey's history so far, everything he says is misdirection. I wouldn't be surprised to see that, while Spiller does in fact start the game...we give them a heavy dose of Lynch pounding and power blocking especially if we get a lead. But who knows? Using Lynch is also obvious, so it too may be a load of BS.

2. Everybody knows the Dolphins DBs are suspect. Hell, they traded away their #2 WR, who was their best before Marshall, just to get a serviceable CB. They are weak at DB, so let's get as many of them on the field as possible. Why not force them to replace their good LBs with many, awful CBs? Yeah...I see 4 WR sets and/or RBs motioning out wide and/or RBs running routs out of the backfield. In fact, I see Parrish/Evans, not Spiller, as the offensive star of the game. Or, I see 3-4 WRs getting 50+ yards I also predict at least one bomb to Evans for a TD, maybe 2. The way we have run our spread takes away the blitz. So, if they can get to the QB in 3 seconds, good for them. If not, we kill them with crossing patterns and posts.

Historically, Gailey has not used a stable of RBs, he tends to use 1 RB, and since CJ is the best one on our team, I'd say he will see the bulk of the carries.

I have a message for the phins:

post-12819-054238000 1283922319_thumb.jpg