Franchise Names

GR8PRKN

Guffalo, are you aware of any other cartooning or illustration work of your father's? I'm always interested to learn more about cartoonists from the Buffalo area, and of course it's much cooler to have a Bills connection.

He did the Bills stuff but that wasn't his main job, he was in print sales at Holling Press on Washington street downtown. They did the programs from the early 60's till mid 70's. I used to get a game copy every Thursday before the game when he got home. I had the full 1973 season (by then it was a national NFL distributed program) with regional inserts for the teams playing locally, national adds on the first and last 10-12 pages, with the local ads and lineups inserted in the center. As for his cartoons, he did some submissions for a local hockey team that I thought was before the sabres, it was a viking or nordique kinda thing they asked him to do, but nothing really came of it. Most of his other stuff was one off stuff for the local Jaycees, fundraisers, people would ask him for caricatures for retirements and special occasions.

They used to, when they first started in the AFL....

From the Pro Football Hall Of Fame 50th Anniversary exhibit last year....

I had a pennant that had that image on it. I kept a lot of stuff over the years (early Bills,Sabres and Braves pennants) but I believe that I lost the "Buffalo Bill" version.

I've posted on this board at least a few times that the logo should be a caricature of William Cody. Think about it -- our namesake (Buffalo Bill) was famous for hunting and killing our logo (the bison) -- and we wonder why the team defeats itself so often! :unsure:

Awesome. We should thus switch to the 2nd place contest entry, the Buffalo Bullets, and use a logo image of a mortally shot buffalo. The standing buffalo image is conveniently already red.

post-13934-003676600 1283915948_thumb.jpg