Looking to attend Arrowhead for the Bills game

lets_go_bills

I'm looking to attend my first Bills road game :D . I've targeted the Halloween matchup vs. the Chiefs as my destination. I've found good tickets and a good deal on a flight/hotel package.

My question is what was it like at Arrowhead as a Bills fan?

I plan on wearing Bills colours and cheering loudly while remaining respectful and sober of course.

What are the fans like? What is security like? Etc.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I will also be at the game, I am in charge of the Military Vehicle display that will be outside of the stadium. I am a Bills season ticket holder since 94 and this will be the first game that I am able to attend in 2 years since I was in Iraq last year but I am looking forward to it and have heard the fans in KC are like the bills....crazy!!! so maybe I will see you there.

I was there in '08, and I got my tix today for this weeks game. Although I dont expect a "W"; I do expect a good game and a good time. The KC fans that we met in '08 were pretty cool and can tailgate with the best of them (however, we showed them up a bit by tailgating in a group in front of the gates LEADING INTO the parking lots an hour before they opened, lol...). Hopefully, all will be well with the game, weather, fans, but I don't expect any issues. I'll be leaving here (StL) Sat night and staying at Whiteman AFB, MO (about an hour east of KC), then driving in in the early AM to meet up with a bunch of the Bills crazies.

Back in '95 we happened to be in Kansas City when the Bills were playing a preseason game at Arrowhead. My wife and I went to the game wearing our Bills gear and there were no problems, even though the place was packed (for a preseason game!). The only incident of note occured when a heavyset woman noticed our Bills shirts as we passed by their pregame tailgate, and silently extended her middle finger at us. I did the Norwood mock-tomahawk chop in response. :D

We went to Arrowhead in 1995 for a pre-season game.

Full house. 87,000 in red white and gold and I think there

were about 30 of us in the Red , White and Blue.

Mostly everyone was friendly and we had a great time.

Only heard some grief from some drunk 20something females.

Arrowhead was a great place to watch a game. A+ tailgating also

Oh hell, we were at the same game then!

I'm going again this Sunday, I went in 08. It was sick. I lost a tooth. Seen a bills fan destroy a 60 year old chiefs fan who had a red cape on and broke his collar bone. He was an idiot. (The Bills Fan) Saw a security guy with the name Lynch got a picture with him. Cuz we're idiots. Seen Fast Freddy's twin brother got pictures with him. I got thrown out for almost fighting a chiefs fan but the chiefs fans vouched for me stating to the police there that he started it. So I got back in. I tailgated with Kenny "Pinto Ron" Johnson. Took the Bowling ball shots with him. Hung out with him and about 40 other fans at one of the hotel bars. that was crazy. Me and my friends got the whole bar doing the shout song. I have all of these things on video lol. We also seen Arthur Bryant bbq on tv and ended up going there. That was some of the best BBQ ever. Great amazing time. Fans are generous as they are from the midwest. I switched jersey's with a fan and made him wear the Bills jersey but he said he would only do it if I wore his Johnson jersey... so i got a picture of that. I made out with the #1 Bills fan who is actually in the HALL OF FAME in Canton, Ohio with my best friend Matt haha. ate some food that made me feel like home like some wings and texas red hots. all in all... best time i had outside of Buffalo.

I'm going again this Sunday, I went in 08. It was sick. I lost a tooth. Seen a bills fan destroy a 60 year old chiefs fan who had a red cape on and broke his collar bone. He was an idiot. (The Bills Fan) Saw a security guy with the name Lynch got a picture with him. Cuz we're idiots. Seen Fast Freddy's twin brother got pictures with him. I got thrown out for almost fighting a chiefs fan but the chiefs fans vouched for me stating to the police there that he started it. So I got back in. I tailgated with Kenny "Pinto Ron" Johnson. Took the Bowling ball shots with him. Hung out with him and about 40 other fans at one of the hotel bars. that was crazy. Me and my friends got the whole bar doing the shout song. I have all of these things on video lol. We also seen Arthur Bryant bbq on tv and ended up going there. That was some of the best BBQ ever. Great amazing time. Fans are generous as they are from the midwest. I switched jersey's with a fan and made him wear the Bills jersey but he said he would only do it if I wore his Johnson jersey... so i got a picture of that. I made out with the #1 Bills fan who is actually in the HALL OF FAME in Canton, Ohio with my best friend Matt haha. ate some food that made me feel like home like some wings and texas red hots. all in all... best time i had outside of Buffalo.

:blink:

Ha ha... I remember that old dude getting hurt (not that it was funny that he got hurt mind you). It wasn't intentional, but he got hammered as we were throwing a football around. Hell, that "old guy" was running around like a young kid... I had no idea he was that old until we walked over to him after he got hurt and I saw the gray hairs! I did my first ever bowling ball shots at an away game that day in '08 and I'm looking forward to doing some more this Sunday!

Edited by McD