McKelvin

LABills08

Anyone know where he is playing? Is he a 2 behind Florence as it stands now? Want to see this kid play. Part of me also hates to see top 15 draft picks start their 3rd year on the bench.

As a CB, even if he is listed as behind Florence he will see PLENTY of time on the field. His ass won't see much bench. He is a budding star at CB, IMO.

Anyone know where he is playing? Is he a 2 behind Florence as it stands now? Want to see this kid play. Part of me also hates to see top 15 draft picks start their 3rd year on the bench.

He is the third CB and thus the nickel guy (a virtual starter in today's NFL with the greater use of 3WR sets by opposing Os) on most unofficial depth charts.

As is the practice in the NFL the Bills do keep an official depth chart on their site, but Hailey seems quite reluctant to disclose info that the next opponent will use.

The official depth chart does list Florence as the starting RCB with McKelvin backing him up. No nickel is listed though I would say there is a consensus that McKelvin is that guy )particularly with some of the struggles #4 CB Reggie Corner has had.

The most interesting thing about the depth chart however IMHO is that McKelvin is not even listed as a back-up kick returner. Given his demonstrated ability to take punt returns to the house I think this is weird.

Still as far as it goes this only shows the embarassment of riches we have in terms of deadly return guys.

As far as a top tier draft pick beginning his third year on the bench, my sense is this says more about what disappoints you than it does about McKelvin as a player,

Folks tend to seem to expect any first round pick to be an immediate contributor to the team that chose him. This simply is not reality as I actually looked the depth chats to see how the draftees did in real life. Interestingly I looked at a year which the consensus was a prettu strong draft class. However, as the next season began only slightly more than half were first on their team\s depth chart at their position

Good players have to come from somewhere so I believe the draft is a key, but I think that thanks to the marketing saavy of Mel Kiper and the ESPN folks I think most fans oversimplity. It makes less difference to me whether he starts as a position than whether he is a contributor.

The best way for MJKelvin to contribute is to run a few returns for TDs would make McKelvin a great contributor which is what I care moat in terms of back-up.

He is the third CB and thus the nickel guy (a virtual starter in today's NFL with the greater use of 3WR sets by opposing Os) on most unofficial depth charts.

As is the practice in the NFL the Bills do keep an official depth chart on their site, but Hailey seems quite reluctant to disclose info that the next opponent will use.

The official depth chart does list Florence as the starting RCB with McKelvin backing him up. No nickel is listed though I would say there is a consensus that McKelvin is that guy )particularly with some of the struggles #4 CB Reggie Corner has had.

The most interesting thing about the depth chart however IMHO is that McKelvin is not even listed as a back-up kick returner. Given his demonstrated ability to take punt returns to the house I think this is weird.

Still as far as it goes this only shows the embarassment of riches we have in terms of deadly return guys.

As far as a top tier draft pick beginning his third year on the bench, my sense is this says more about what disappoints you than it does about McKelvin as a player,

Folks tend to seem to expect any first round pick to be an immediate contributor to the team that chose him. This simply is not reality as I actually looked the depth chats to see how the draftees did in real life. Interestingly I looked at a year which the consensus was a prettu strong draft class. However, as the next season began only slightly more than half were first on their team\s depth chart at their position

Good players have to come from somewhere so I believe the draft is a key, but I think that thanks to the marketing saavy of Mel Kiper and the ESPN folks I think most fans oversimplity. It makes less difference to me whether he starts as a position than whether he is a contributor.

The best way for MJKelvin to contribute is to run a few returns for TDs would make McKelvin a great contributor which is what I care moat in terms of back-up.

I actually thought I heard during a game or a Chris Brown report, maybe I read it somewhere...but it is my understanding that when they go into a nickel package, Florence goes to the slot and McKelvin goes to the outside.

I have no idea what the benefits of that are, why Florence would be a better nickel CB...but that is just what I had read or heard somewhere...so take it for what its worth.

Anyways...Florence is good enough to start, he should start based off last year and his playmaking ability.

McKelvin's time will come soon enough, and YES he WILL get plenty of PT this Fall.

I actually thought I heard during a game or a Chris Brown report, maybe I read it somewhere...but it is my understanding that when they go into a nickel package, Florence goes to the slot and McKelvin goes to the outside.

I have no idea what the benefits of that are, why Florence would be a better nickel CB...but that is just what I had read or heard somewhere...so take it for what its worth.

Anyways...Florence is good enough to start, he should start based off last year and his playmaking ability.

McKelvin's time will come soon enough, and YES he WILL get plenty of PT this Fall.

McKelvin is better then Florence in man coverage thats why Florence moves to nickel..

I saw that last week Mc kelvin went to the CB and Florence was slot/nickel, I thought it was a speed vs physical thing at the time. Florence is tougher off the line but Mc Kelvin is faster.

Florence reminds me of Grier how did we find a replacement like him so easy?