Good Joique Bell article

dgrid

Great article. I am really pulling for this kid to make the roster. From the day he was signed, he has shown that he has the confidence to play in the league and now he is making us witness to his football skill as well. Great story and I hope he plays really well tonight. :thumbsup:

I had doubts about Bell after Xavier Oman, another D-2 RB that tore it up on college but did diddly squat in the NFL. But Joique is the real deal. I would be shocked if he isn't on the roster. In fact his presence may lead to Lynch getting traded, assuming Nix can get decent value.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I really like this kid. I'm going to be psyched or really disappointed depending on if he makes the final roster or not.

It seems to me like we really need him on the team to run a lot of 2/3 RB formatations and not have to change our play selection if Marshawn or Fred Jackson get dinged up. It seems to me he could legitimately fill in as either FJ or ML (or as a fullback for McIntyre?). I won't even suggest he could fill in as CJS, who is a unique weapon.

Also, he's appeared to be one of our top Special Teams players in preseason.

IMO Bell has earned a spot on the team. He Runs hard, does well on special teams and doesn't ask for a blow after getting his "bell" rung. Ive played in the DII GLIAC league and when players like Bell and FJ succeed in the NFL it makes you feel great about the true essence of the game: Dark horses and underdogs that will their way to victory. Its this against-all-odds spirit that will make the BILLS win this year. yes this year. Thats what theyre saying about Detroit and their last ten years were far worse than what BILLS fans have endured. Trust me Im from Detroit. A little side note: Wayne State is in one of the roughest neighborhoods in America, Bell played there in front of crowds at times less than 500, while in college he was a towel boy for the Lions camps...They passed on him. Tonight he walks on to FORD field as a a Buffalo Bill. He will make the team; He is a Buffalo Bill.

Thanks for the link. Good article on Bell. I also followed the other link for 8 story lines to watch (Lions) and was interested to see Ko Simpson and Wendling battling for spots in their secondary. Maybe Wendling will get cut and can come back and save our ST. I also notice that they are going to cut at least one young DT - Andre Fluellen or Landon Cohen. They don't look like 3-4 players, and our D-line is probably set at this point, but interesting nonetheless.

We have a great team. Joiqe Bell is another class act. Another high character, hard working player who, by all accounts worked his a$$ off to make it this far. Nothing was given, he earned this opportunity. Win or lose, I'm proud of him and all the other guys like him on our team.

A little piece of my heart will be pulling for the Lions this year too, except on Nov 14, obviously. They are due. Here's a mind-bender: Can you imagine the Bills and Lions on opposing sides of the field in the superbowl. Laughable, I know, but that would be awesome!

Way to go Joique! Make your family proud(er)!

GO BILLS!

Edited by Buffalokie