You credit Bledsoe...

This isn't a "Bledsoe sucks" post, so just back off.... My point is this: everyone's been talking about how Drew just needed time to adjust to a new offense, needed a running game, etc. - and that's true, to a certain extent. However, haven't you also noticed that, over the last month and a half, the offense has CHANGED? In my opinion Mularkey, Clements and Wyche have finally discovered how to suit the offense to the talent of the players, Drew especially. First and foremost, THE NO-HUDDLE HAS RETURNED. I've always thought, even going back to his NE days, Drew was most effective in the two minute offense. I love the way the coaches have mixed that package into the games over the last few weeks - every time they've used it it's been successful; often it's re-started the offense. Also, the protection scheme has finally been adjusted to fit the personnel - more two TE max protect schemes, power-I's, etc. - credit McNally, Studesville (he's still the RB coach, right?) and Mularkey/Clements. What I love about this coaching staff (among other things) is that they excel at making adjustments week-to-week and within individual games to suit the offense (and defense) to exploit the particular skills of their players.

BTW, this is exactly what they were known for in Pittsburgh (see: Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart).

This isn't a "Bledsoe sucks" post, so just back off....  My point is this:  everyone's been talking about how Drew just needed time to adjust to a new offense, needed a running game, etc. - and that's true, to a certain extent.  However, haven't you also noticed that, over the last month and a half, the offense has CHANGED?  In my opinion Mularkey, Clements and Wyche have finally discovered how to suit the offense to the talent of the players, Drew especially.  First and foremost, THE NO-HUDDLE HAS RETURNED.  I've always thought, even going back to his NE days, Drew was most effective in the two minute offense.  I love the way the coaches have mixed that package into the games over the last few weeks - every time they've used it it's been successful; often it's re-started the offense.  Also, the protection scheme has finally been adjusted to fit the personnel - more two TE max protect schemes, power-I's, etc. - credit McNally, Studesville (he's still the RB coach, right?) and Mularkey/Clements.  What I love about this coaching staff (among other things) is that they excel at making adjustments week-to-week and within individual games to suit the offense (and defense) to exploit the particular skills of their players.

147214[/snapback]

so in other words, keep Bledsoe in there because the team is clicking on all cylinders, right? Or do you, because the team is finally clicking, remove the most important position when he is playing exactly as you would want him to?

so in other words, keep Bledsoe in there because the team is clicking on all cylinders, right? Or do you, because the team is finally clicking, remove the most important position when he is playing exactly as you would want him to?

147217[/snapback]

6-2 in the last 8 games sucks Kelly, you know that :w00t:

:w00t:

147217[/snapback]

Actually I'm surprised you wouldn't take from my post that I trust the coaches to make the right call with that position and every other position. But yes, if it was me making the decisions (scary thought) I'd keep DB in there. This offense is looking explosive, he's the one who's running it so well.

Actually I'm surprised you wouldn't take from my post that I trust the coaches to make the right call with that position and every other position.  But yes, if it was me making the decisions (scary thought) I'd keep DB in there.  This offense is looking explosive, he's the one who's running it so well.

147331[/snapback]

It just ain't easy. I stuck with Drew as long as I could and I COMPLETELY gave up on him sometime during the Baltimore game, right about when he missed a wide open Moulds on the goalline with no one on Drew and no one on Moulds.

But now, excluding the NE fiasco, which CANNOT be totally excluded, Drew has played exactly as we hoped he would. And is it coincidence that this is just when the O line is jelling and McGahee has played and Evans is becoming a force? That is impossible to say. What can be said, I suppose, is that if Drew keeps this up his career has legs. If he doesn't, and JP can do the same things Drew can do, JP is the man. Right now, do you look at the total of 12 games (when DB cannot be held responsible for the Jax loss and perhaps not one of the other 2 or 3 losses) or do you look at the last 8 games when we're 6-2, including 80 points on the road in two straight wins?

This isn't a "Bledsoe sucks" post, so just back off....  My point is this:  everyone's been talking about how Drew just needed time to adjust to a new offense, needed a running game, etc. - and that's true, to a certain extent.  However, haven't you also noticed that, over the last month and a half, the offense has CHANGED?  In my opinion Mularkey, Clements and Wyche have finally discovered how to suit the offense to the talent of the players, Drew especially.  First and foremost, THE NO-HUDDLE HAS RETURNED.  I've always thought, even going back to his NE days, Drew was most effective in the two minute offense.  I love the way the coaches have mixed that package into the games over the last few weeks - every time they've used it it's been successful; often it's re-started the offense.  Also, the protection scheme has finally been adjusted to fit the personnel - more two TE max protect schemes, power-I's, etc. - credit McNally, Studesville (he's still the RB coach, right?) and Mularkey/Clements.  What I love about this coaching staff (among other things) is that they excel at making adjustments week-to-week and within individual games to suit the offense (and defense) to exploit the particular skills of their players.

BTW, this is exactly what they were known for in Pittsburgh (see:  Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart).

147214[/snapback]

You're a bit on the right track. Have you taken notice the improvement on the O-line?

Hey this Bills O-Line has sucked since Bledsoe got to Buffalo........over teh past two and one half years I do not think there is a QB in the NFL that could have played any better......for axample look at Manning now....a few years ago he could not get his team in teh playoffs even with Harrison WHY!?!?!? James was hurt, his defense sucked and teh Indy O line was almost as bad as Buffalo.........no QB can ever take a team to teh playoffs on there own...Elway could not, Marino could not, Montana was nothing without his hall of fame offense............hell gusy like Dilfer, Brady and Mark Rypien can win Super Bowls if they are supported by a great team..............hey if you do not want to give Drew a break.,...just give him some protection and he can do teh rest...GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I credit both the coaches and the QB as that is how this team sport works from all I have seen. I agree with your comments about MM/Clements finally getting their act together and that making a big difference because it is consistent with what I have thought and said all along.

Is it possible to win with Bledsoe at QB? You bet! Despite what many Bledsoe haters have irrationally argued, Parcells too a team QB'ed by Bledsoe to the SB and Belichick HC'ed a team in which Bledsoe played the majority of the QB duty in a must win game during their 2001 season SB run.

The questions were whether Bledsoe had enough left on the backend of his career win football games (I am pleased to say that my doubts triggered by his awful performance last year and the NE debacle have been proven wrong in the last three games) and whether a rookie HC could win with Bledsoe at the helm.

I think this latter point has turned out to be correct as our rookie HC clearly went through some growing pains in the beginning of the season that made it impossible to win with Bledsoe's strengths and weaknesses because the experience has been that Bledsoe can only make the SB with the highest rank of coaching leadership.