Marcus Stroud

JPS

Stroud is one of our best linemen on either side of the ball. I have this strange feeling we'll look at 3rd and 4th string players to cut, not our starters.

Darn, the "vote this post down" feature still isn't working....

Oh my god. I can't believe anyone thinks that. With all due respect, there are reasons our defense stinks. There are reasons everyone runs on us at will. After watching Stroud the last 2 weeks, he's produced more evidence that he is part of the problem that part of the cure.

Answer this: What does Marcus Stroud do well? I am open to being convinced.

Stroud looked great against the first two preseason opponents. I was much more concerned about the linebacking play than Stroud's play. Kelsay looks confused out there.

Perhaps Kelsay is confused because our line is getting blown off the ball. Or maybe he is just confused. But at least he shows up on every play with effort.

Oh my god. I can't believe anyone thinks that. With all due respect, there are reasons our defense stinks. There are reasons everyone runs on us at will. After watching Stroud the last 2 weeks, he's produced more evidence that he is part of the problem that part of the cure.

Perhaps Kelsay is confused because our line is getting blown off the ball. Or maybe he is just confused. But at least he shows up on every play with effort.

stroud > Kelsay

Our LB is far more concerning than DL.

I just watched the Bills-Bengals game and I thought Stroud looked awful. For a 300 lb man, he was pushed around easily and just couldn't hold the point of attack at all. Anyone else notice?? I just kept asking myself what does Stroud well?

My question: Is Marcus Stroud's position on this team safe?

Completely safe. Who else is going to do Marcus' Mailbag on buffalobills.com?

1-With all due respect, do you really think he goes full tilt on every down in preseason? There a many reasons why our defense has stunk and labeling him as the chief reason is just wrong.

2-Your one of those guys that loves "high motor" guys aren't you? Dick Jauron loved effort too.

I just watched the Bills-Bengals game and I thought Stroud looked awful. For a 300 lb man, he was pushed around easily and just couldn't hold the point of attack at all. Anyone else notice?? I just kept asking myself what does Stroud well?

OK, admit it - you didn't watch the game, you just re-created it with balled up pieces of paper towels in your bathroom...

Seriously, I think Stroud has looked great this preseason - better than he looked all last season. I've seen him get eaten up inside - as you pointed out - but I've also seen him be pretty dominant at times as well. He had a great game against Indy. Not to mention, he looks like a 5 tech DE, which has to say soemthing considering he never played it before.

On top of all that, he's a lock to make the team just because there aren't any other options. Do you think they'd cut Stroud to keep McCargo? Maybe Rashard Duncan? Give me a break.

You might be the first person ever on this board to, in one post, both defend Kelsey and knock Stroud.

Someone ding the bell.

OK, admit it - you didn't watch the game, you just re-created it with balled up pieces of paper towels in your bathroom...

Seriously, I think Stroud has looked great this preseason - better than he looked all last season. I've seen him get eaten up inside - as you pointed out - but I've also seen him be pretty dominant at times as well. He had a great game against Indy. Not to mention, he looks like a 5 tech DE, which has to say soemthing considering he never played it before.

On top of all that, he's a lock to make the team just because there aren't any other options. Do you think they'd cut Stroud to keep McCargo? Maybe Rashard Duncan? Give me a break.

You might be the first person ever on this board to, in one post, both defend Kelsey and knock Stroud.

Someone ding the bell.

If you read it again, I only defend Kelsay's effort. He may ultimately be clueless....might suck and get cut. But I can't believe I was the only guy seeing Stroud walk backwards the whole 1st half and that I guess everybody can get past that 'cause he looks good.

yes.

jw

1-With all due respect, do you really think he goes full tilt on every down in preseason? There a many reasons why our defense has stunk and labeling him as the chief reason is just wrong.

2-Your one of those guys that loves "high motor" guys aren't you? Dick Jauron loved effort too.

If he doesn't, get him out of here. Would Belichick, Parcells or Cowher tolerate a player who takes plays off. In practice, pre-season or live action, play the game right.

If it's a high motor guy with talent, yes. I'd rather have Kyle Williams than someone who look like Tarzan, play like Jane.

You guys can dismiss this all you want. Ring the Bell. Cut me off. Doesn't matter to me. I do find it interesting that not one poster came back with a list of what Stroud does well. Anchor? Penetrate? Slide down the Line?

All I know is: If he plays the season like he did against Cincy, our run defense will be putrid....just like last year.

I agree, he did not look very good against Cinci. I think that he and the rest of the DEs are looking much better in practice going against the Bills OTs than they are going to look in games against NFL quality players. Still, he and Edwards are the best they've got right now and they're decent. I think the problems the Bills are having on defense are primarily due to the LBs- just like last season.

I agree, he did not look very good against Cinci. I think that he and the rest of the DEs are looking much better in practice going against the Bills OTs than they are going to look in games against NFL quality players. Still, he and Edwards are the best they've got right now and they're decent. I think the problems the Bills are having on defense are primarily due to the LBs- just like last season.

Double your pleasure

Double your fun

But double your words

And soon you'll have none

Yes Marcus Stroud has been playing as a starter throughout OTA, Minicamps, Training Camp, and preseason games so he can be cut before the regular season. Are you Dick Jauron or something? this isn't Langston Walker.

Okay guys. Just keep an eye on him during the season and ask yourself big #99 is a strength or a weakness. I agree that he will probably be there on September 12, but I think this is just an indication of how little talent we have on D (other than back 4).

Not safe. He was eaten alive by #63, one-on-one! He was getting totally pushed right out of the way. Totes McGoats.