Cops don't need a warrant to put a GPS device on your car.

The driveway issue is a grey one at best. Is your entire driveway private? The first 10 feet are really owned by the town/municipality. Is your yard and driveway fenced? Can I be on the sidewalk and touch your car which is parked in your driveway?

Or if you're walking by on the sidewalk (inarguably a public area) and can touch my car from there (not unusually), is the device legally placed?

But don't get me started on the "town owns the first 10 feet" thing. !@#$ers plant trees in it, then require me to maintain them. ("Yeah, I cut it down. That's maintenance, isn't it? 0:)") Then the damn trees take down the power lines in a storm...and the power company and town both blame me for not maintaining the town's !@#$ing tree.

Edited by DC Tom

But don't get me started on the "town owns the first 10 feet" thing. !@#$ers plant trees in it, then require me to maintain them. ("Yeah, I cut it down. That's maintenance, isn't it? 0:)") Then the damn trees take down the power lines in a storm...and the power company and town both blame me for not maintaining the town's !@#$ing tree.

:lol:

lmao