Would any of our QBs actually start for another team???

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would any of our current QB's start for another team???

• Heck yeah, these guys have tons of upside
    • No way, our QBs are journeymen backups at best

No problem. Thanks for the polite response.

Your welcome. I'm new here and quickly learning that polite responses are rarity around here. LOL.

Very unfortunate that many discussions boards have a handful of guys with thousands upon thousands of posts under their belt and treat newcomers so rudely. Anyway, I look forward to more respectful conversations in the future.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merle, could you please explain why you think lienhart is so much better than edwards, like I asked already?

Well Dan, I never did say "Lienhart is so much better than Edwards" so there is no reason for me to respond. LOL. The fact that you have to scrounge around and point to the lowly Cards as a team that Edwards might be able to be a starter is hardly a ringing endorsement. Some friendly advice Dan, don't get the annoiting oil out for Trent just yet.

Well Dan, I never did say "Lienhart is so much better than Edwards" so there is no reason for me to respond. LOL. The fact that you have to scrounge around and point to the lowly Cards as a team that Edwards might be able to be a starter is hardly a ringing endorsement. Some friendly advice Dan, don't get the annoiting oil out for Trent just yet.

Well, you said it was naive to think that our QBs could start in Arizona. that would imply that you think Lienhart is not even close to as bad as trent edwards. Hey, you were the one calling people naive for thinking Edwards could start in Arizona. But apparently you don't have any reasoning to backup calling people naive :unsure:

And no one had to scrounge for Arizona. There are easy 5 times at least with a worse QB situation than us. Our sucks for sure and I can't wait to rid of edwards for good. But I was just answering your question. And the truth is, edwards would start on other nfl teams. If you wanted to discuss whether or not edwards sucks, then you should have made that poll. But your poll asked if any of the QBs would start on another team...

so I guess you argree edwards could start in arizona.... so I guess you voted "yes" in your poll. :ph34r:

Yeah, picking up a 2nd round draft choice off of waivers and allowing him to compete for a spot on our roster is something "we will pay dearly for." Brilliant take (sarcasm, because you wouldn't know it if I didn't mention it). You're a worse poster than Brian Brohm is a quarterback. What an idiot take.

It's getting pretty obvious what's going on here. There's only two possibilities.

1) You are a troll. The kind who hides the fact. We don't mind trolls who know football and are honest about not being Bills fans. But the most despicable trolls are the ones who pretend that they are Bills fans.

2) You are a loser fan who would rather the Bills suck because you love misery.

Based on your obvious unbridled joy in this post, I'm guessing that you're a troll.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Your welcome. I'm new here and quickly learning that polite responses are rarity around here. LOL.

Very unfortunate that many discussions boards have a handful of guys with thousands upon thousands of posts under their belt and treat newcomers so rudely. Anyway, I look forward to more respectful conversations in the future.

Got home today and was re-reading this thread.

Sorry I laid into you so hard, Merle.

There's some things which really set me off on this board. I'll take that up with you some other time. Let me just say that your poll really pushed several of my buttons.

Anyways, I just wanted to apologize and I hope you accept my apology.

p.s.-You're lucky I like Merle Haggard.

There's some things which really set me off on this board. I'll take that up with you some other time. Let me just say that your poll really pushed several of my buttons.

That Okie from Muskogee red neck dude?

merle haggard WOW edwards can start for other teams in the nfl and fitz has started for other teams in the past so i guess i would say yes and trent is probably having one of the best preseasons right now not that it means anything but the offense is clicking and im getting excited

The lowly Cards???

Anyway....Dan's right. The title of your post, if you recall is "Would any of our QBs actually start for another team???" Now you are faulting him for mentioning the "lowly Cards" as a possibility that you obviously don't dismiss (so you must be in agreement). You say it's "hardly a rining endorsement", yet it clearly answers your question.

Some friendly advice: read your own post before answering the responses of others.

Bottom line is we're all fans here. We will not always agree on the right moves this team needs to make. Anyhows, your apology is certainly appreciated and accepted. Go Bills!!!

merle haggard WOW edwards can start for other teams in the nfl and fitz has started for other teams in the past so i guess i would say yes and trent is probably having one of the best preseasons right now not that it means anything but the offense is clicking and im getting excited

Trent has proven that he is an all-pro in preseason. LOL. Bottom line is our QB situation remains horrid.

The question was whether ANY of our qb's would start for another team. The given answer wanted a statement about ALL of the qbs. I think Trent would start for two or three other teams right now. I don't know about Fitz or Brohm, but they might. Brown is a rookie.

Is it not pathetic that our anticipated starter would only possibly start for a couple of other teams? By gawd I am so sick of our horrid QB situation. Edwards won't lead us anywhere except to yet more mediocricy.

Is it not pathetic that our anticipated starter would only possibly start for a couple of other teams? By gawd I am so sick of our horrid QB situation. Edwards won't lead us anywhere except to yet more mediocricy.

This is true!

None of them would start for Arizona. Nuff said.[/b] LOL.

And our QBs have looked sensational this preseason???! LOL. The fact that my poll is a landslide thus far for those who think none of our trio would start for any other team says it all.

Thanks for the detailed analysis. I suppose if the stars did align perfectly and pigs did fly, one of our QB's could start somewhere. LOL. Make it a great evening!

Look, if you want a "warm welcome", perhaps you should start by not beginning a completely unoriginal thread in which you go on to contradict whatever point you were trying to make when you posted.

You are the Rob Johnson of the Trent Edwards bashers.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I think theres 2 issues here that people are blurring - one is are any of our QB's good enough to start for another team in the league, the other one is whether or not, based on the numbers and reputations they have, they'd be given the chance to. I would say the answer to the first is yes, whilst the second probably not. Whilst I can't see at this stage any GM's wanting to put their faith in Edwards or Fitzpatrick, if circumstances had placed them in teams like Arizona, Jacksonville, I can't see them doing any worse than the starters there.

Lets wait and see what Edwards can produce in an actual functioning offense this year, and then compare him to other QB's.

Look, if you want a "warm welcome", perhaps you should start by not beginning a completely unoriginal thread in which you go on to contradict whatever point you were trying to make when you posted.

You are the Rob Johnson of the Trent Edwards bashers.

Just calling em like I see em guys. You can continue putting lipstick on a pig if it blows your skirt up. LOL. Make it a great day!

Sounds good. The overall point you're trying to make here--that the Bills have a serious problem at the QB position--is well-taken. Even thinking about Edwards' reasonably solid play in the preseason, I think to myself, What if he does just enough to prevent the Bills from addressing the QB position in next year's draft, but never enough to be a real answer? What if the Bills pass up a player like Ponder, only to watch him have a significantly better career than Edwards?

As you've probably already figured out from this discussion, you probably have to be a little careful about how you phrase things. The next time you create a poll like this, I'd suggest something along the lines of, "Is Trent Edwards:

a) Among the top 10 in the league

b) Between the 11th best and 20th best QBs in the league

c) Between the 21st best and 32nd best QBs in the league

d) Worse than the 32nd best QB in the league

With a poll like that, I'd vote for option c. But someone who really disliked Edwards, and who was impressed with some of the better backup QBs in the league, might go for option d. I could envision a guy like Dog voting for option b, while restraining himself from choosing a. (Dog sees the glass as half full.)

You cannot say that Edwards won't lead us anywhere just as I cannot say that he will lead us to the playoffs. For the first time in his career he has a coach who can really coach up qb's. We don't know what will happen yet. We honestly need to give Trent and Chan time. Anyone getting too pessimistic or optimistic about Trent at this time is jumping way ahead of themselves. I'm being optimistic about Edwards now. I think something can be salvaged with him. But I also realistically see that it will take time to see what the results are.

this poster is amazingly annoying Fitz has started for teams in the past and trent could start for other teams in this league PERIOD. This offense is suiting edwards perfectly. Also our starting QB only being good enough to start for a few other teams isnt that bad. Besides Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and Schaub the quarterbacks in this league are pretty close. There are some superstars but other than that you have average QBs for the rest of the teams. Raiders, Bills, Jets, Miami, Cleveland, Denver, Jacksonville, Tampa, Carolina, Kansas City I mean really the QB skill level is not that much different.

Just calling em like I see em guys. You can continue putting lipstick on a pig if it blows your skirt up. LOL. Make it a great day!

Thanks so much for that. We really have no other posters of this unique opinion here. I truly feel blessed that a recent joinee has opened my eyes. Hallelujah!

Edited by ConradDobler