Top 10 Fantasy Football Rookies

Rush23

Very good year for rookies in FF. It's a good list, but they have Bradford ranked way too high. He is not worth drafting unless you are in a big league that has 2 starting QBs. The top 3 RBs all look like starters and C.J. would fit in right after them. Gerhardt could get a bunch of touches near the goal line, he's a good late round flier. Dez could be a good #3 in Dallas' big offense but otherwise, rookie WRs are rarely worth owning as anything other than deep bench guys for bye week replacement.

My rankings:

Mathews

Best

Hardesty

Spiller

Bryant

Gerhart

Bradford

Tate/Thomas/Williams

1. Mathews - Gonna be SD's new workhorse RB

2. Best - Kevin Smith is still trying to get back from an injury and recovering slower than expected

3. Bradford - Watch the replay of last night's game versus the Pats*

4. Spiller - He's going to have better numbers early with Jackson and Lynch nursing injuries, but he's surely a playmaker this year.

5. Bryant - Will be good, but Dallas has alot of people to spread the ball around to.

6. Tate - Will be the starting #2 WR on Seattle by week 8.

7. Hardesty - Harrison is going to get a bulk of the carries I believe.

8. Thomas - The question is will he be healthy enough to put up the numbers?

9. Benn - Everyone touts Williams as better than Benn, but Benn is more physical and uses his body well to get open and shield.

10. Williams - Fast, decent but not great route runner, and will likely get most of his points on a deep route here or there.

11. Gerhart - I don't know if he'll be the white Jerome Bettis or a guy who didn't translate well to the NFL. We'll see.

It depends if you are in a dynasty league or not. I think Mathews will be the best short term option, but I think in the long run, Spiller will be the best of the bunch. Bradford will be good, but it's going to be a painful season for him this year. I like Best a lot. He's going to get the ball a ton. Gerhart is going to be hard pressed to get on the field unless Peterson gets hurt. WR's very rarely do anything in their rookie year. So looking at it from a dynasty league prospective:

Spiller

Mathews

Best

Bradford

Hardesty

Bryant

Ben Tate (I know he's hurt, but we are talking dynasty league)

Golden tate

Thomas

Clausen

7. Hardesty - Harrison is going to get a bulk of the carries I believe.

I've read that Hardesty is the likely starter; they don't think Harrison can stand up to a 20 carry/game pounding. But that's the big 'if' with both those guys.

I've read that Hardesty is the likely starter; they don't think Harrison can stand up to a 20 carry/game pounding. But that's the big 'if' with both those guys.

Maybe by mid-season he will be starting, but the knee injury is going to hold him back at the beginning of the season.